Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Petermc83

Gamebred wrote: »
    Easy money indeed collected today and bought all my holiday clothes thanks to him :cool:

Im tempted to roll some onto Mittrione the weekend on the bellator card to be ko'd,he got sparked 2 weeks ago and managed to come back and win somehow,probably still has concussion,James Gallagher by submission if I can get odds on it too is free money.

Who would be giving the odds for Bellator?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Who would be giving the odds for Bellator?

Fair few have them priced up already 365 and betvictor,hopefully powers price it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Fair few have them priced up already 365 and betvictor,hopefully powers price it up.

whats gallaghers sub record like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Petermc83

have yet to see PP give Bellator odds.. but if they do..ill jump all over Gallagher

akelly02 wrote: »
    whats gallaghers sub record like?

3 pro fights 3 first round submissions,a sick grappler,feeding him a bum for his bellator debut with a 6-5 record who has a few sub losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

3 pro fights 3 first round submissions,a sick grappler,feeding him a bum for his bellator debut with a 6-5 record who has a few sub losses.

looks like the play to make then rather than the KO

Seems like a genuine lad aswell im raging he didnt stay on the BAMMA card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Rani Yahya to win (6/5)
    Louis Smolka to win (11/10)
    Sam Alvey to win (4/9)
    Lauren Murphy to win (4/7)

3 out of 4. A good night. Still unsure why Smolka was underdog.

Im tempted to roll some onto Mittrione the weekend on the bellator card to be ko'd,he got sparked 2 weeks ago and managed to come back and win somehow,probably still has concussion,James Gallagher by submission if I can get odds on it too is free money.

Gallagher submission is 6/5 on Bet Victor, the only bookie with a method of victory market up yet, per Oddschecker.

Thompson to KO Mitrione is 4/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Its a pity they threw Gallagher such a can. We will likely be no better off as to the level of his talents after its over. The concern of betting the sub is that if Cutting is rocked Gallagher might continue the ground and pound which is a more instinctive finish than to abandon and jump into a sub. Ironically against a better opponent a sub is a better bet. So i think theres great value in the Gallagher KO,TKO, or DQat 5/1.

califano wrote: »
    Its a pity they threw Gallagher such a can. We will likely be no better off as to the level of his talents after its over. The concern of betting the sub is that if Cutting is rocked Gallagher might continue the ground and pound which is a more instinctive finish than to abandon and jump into a sub. Ironically against a better opponent a sub is a better bet. So i think theres great value in the Gallagher KO,TKO, or DQat 5/1.

Yeah 5s is too big alright expected that to be 11/4 ish,tempted by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Petermc83 wrote: »
    i lumped on Smolka too... was shocked that he wasnt an odds-on favourite.

happy days!!

Mod: No after timing..its in the title of the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    That's something I noticed too. 6 wins, all by submission. Twice as many as James. However 3 of his 5 losses were also by sub. Which would suggest to me that he is over reliant on it, and gets into bad positions as a result.

It's also interesting when you look at the records of the guys he's fought. 1 with a good winning record, 3 more or less break even fighters, a 1 with a huge losing record. Standard enough for a guy climbing ranks.
    But what I found interesting was that all of them show a disproportionate amount of submissions in their losses, even the guys with winning records. Between About 75% average, but some are 100% sub loss. Suggests to me that they all had a grappling weakness and Cuttings 6 sub mins might not be much to go on.

Wins losses Sub losses
    8 3 2
    3 4 3
    2 1 1
    5 4 4
    7 37 27

I've seen little of James' grappling. Honest assessment anyone?
    I know was good for a 16 year old bluebelt in local tourneys. But how does he stack up as an adult purple belt. My understanding is that he's been purple a few years now.
    Where can I bet on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Is Daley that much inferior to lima that his odds should be as high as 9/5 (bet365)
    They'll both surely stand and trade
    What am I missing? Great value surely

James Gallagher to win via KO/TKO - (11/2, Bet Victor)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

be6a80867437480895c64a38195cba07.png

Going to put on a cheeky accumulator as well, think it will be like 3 or 4 first round finishes for a laugh. MVP, Gallagher, Mitrione. Maybe even Daley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mailburner wrote: »
    Is Daley that much inferior to lima that his odds should be as high as 9/5 (bet365)
    They'll both surely stand and trade
    What am I missing? Great value surely

He's only 6/4 on PP, thats been same all day. Did you find anymore out?
    The presenter at the start of spike coverage said something like "Theres no way Lima is surviving this fight against Daley" :eek: at least I think he said that....was enough for me to stick it in a wee acc with boxing & darts for the night

Devastator wrote: »
    He's only 6/4 on PP, thats been same all day. Did you find anymore out?

Heard nothing
    Too much hassle trying on a mobile :pac:

Back to 6/4 from 9/5 with same, hopefully that'll look very big come midnight

The presenter at the start of spike coverage said something like "Theres no way Lima is surviving this fight against Daley" :eek: at least I think he said that....was enough for me to stick it in a wee acc with boxing & darts for the night

I think diaz was the last to get the better of Daley in a stand up war (crazy fight lol) iirc and the only man to stand in front of diaz and bang :D

I need to find a new bookies, not been happy with PP for a while and today was last straw.
    They were only offering win & total rds market on tonights bellator and their boxing is ridiculous. Past few days its been all the place about them & Paddy Barnes(Olympic boxer from Belfast) but tonight they didn't even offer odds on Jamie Conlan, a pro from Belfast who is mates with Paddy! I asked them this morning and they said they'd sort it, sent another msg about 6pm and they never bothered to reply. Seen LOADS of other ppl asking about more bellator(specifically for Gallagher) markets and they just fobbed everyone off!

Suggestions welcome :)

• Advertisement

Suggestions welcome :)

Best course of action is to open accounts with them all. It won't take as long or be as much hassle as you think.

Then use Oddschecker who will give you the odds of every bookmaker on a market and highlight in bold the best odds. Just click it on Oddschecker who will bring you straight to the bookies website and you can place your bet in about 10 seconds. For example, the Holm v Shevchenko fight next weekend:

03d99d5e76371414259d64fed16555aa.png

You're really limiting yourself sticking to one bookie. Using the example above, if you just used Powers to back Shevchenko and she won, you'd be losing out on €25 from a €100 bet by taking their 11/4 on offer over the 3/1 on offer elsewhere. Think of how many times that would add up over a year. :)

Paully D wrote: »
    Best course of action is to open accounts with them all. It won't take as long or be as much hassle as you think.

Time to set them up or hassle is not a problem. What is a problem is money, more to the point the lack of it and not having enough to have multiple accounts and multiple balances. I like having 1 account with 1 balance. I don't keep much in my bookie balance as I get interest while its in my bank account.

Time to set them up or hassle is not a problem. What is a problem is money, more to the point the lack of it and not having enough to have multiple accounts and multiple balances. I like having 1 account with 1 balance. I don't keep much in my bookie balance as I get interest while its in my bank account.

I never keep a balance in any of my bookie accounts to be honest. If I fancy something I'll go to Oddschecker and have a punt with the bookie that is offering the best odds, but I generally withdraw my winnings straight away as I prefer having it in my bank account too. I just deposit enough to cover my bet as and when required but would never really have a balance on any of my accounts prior to doing a bet.

I think our gambling behaviors differ Paully. I generally don't bet singles and I would bet quite often, usually wouldn't go more than maybe 2,3,4 days without having some sort of bet...especially during football season. Thats why I like to keep 1 account with a balance to use without having to deposit and withdraw constantly.

Question - are all bookies years behind technology in terms of taking upto 5 working days to complete your withdrawal?

Question - are all bookies years behind technology in terms of taking upto 5 working days to complete your withdrawal?
    I dont think the delay has anything to do with technology limitations. They could probably have the cash in some accounts instantly, depending on deposit method.
    Most bookies have a "feature" where you can cancel the withdrawal and go back to gambling. Faster withdrawals would make that less effective.

Mellor wrote: »
    I dont think the delay has anything to do with technology limitations. They could probably have the cash in some accounts instantly, depending on deposit method.
    Most bookies have a "feature" where you can cancel the withdrawal and go back to gambling. Faster withdrawals would make that less effective.

Thats the point that made me ask the question, there are no technology limitations. Bank transfers take upto 2 hours(working hours). I've seen that cancel option, but on PP I think it only allows you to use it until midnight on the same day you made the request. So there is no excuse at all for PP to take 3-5 working days to get complete the request.

IMO, I think they do it intentionally to keep a hold on your funds for an extra few days. If its in their bank account they're earning interest on it.

Thats the point that made me ask the question, there are no technology limitations. Bank transfers take upto 2 hours(working hours). I've seen that cancel option, but on PP I think it only allows you to use it until midnight on the same day you made the request. So there is no excuse at all for PP to take 3-5 working days to get complete the request.

IMO, I think they do it intentionally to keep a hold on your funds for an extra few days. If its in their bank account they're earning interest on it.
    I've seen the cancel option work for a few days later, but that was a while ago.

Interest is another reason too. Estate agents are whores for that too.

Its for money laundering purposes they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

You can get the cancel option removed I have it gone from my 365 account.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I've seen the cancel option work for a few days later, but that was a while ago.

Interest is another reason too. Estate agents are whores for that too.
    ASOT wrote: »
    You can get the cancel option removed I have it gone from my 365 account.

I wish I was in a position more often to know how long the cancellation is for :p

What do you think of bet365? I am locked out of my account, I must get onto the livechat to reset my details. I only really signed up to use their live streaming of darts a few years ago.

Its all just a part of their scam though, so they look like they're keeping the customers best interests in mind, which is complete balls! If they completed a transaction along the timescales of bank transfers(2 hrs) then the % of customers who would cancel a withdrawal would by tiny, if anything at all. If you knew the money would be in your bank account in few hours and you didnt plan on betting for a day or 2 you would withdraw every penny and just deposit it back again in few days(like Paully suggested earlier) and get yourself a day or 2 worth of interest.

Its for their own benefit that they delay the process, not just to earn interest for themselves but it makes their books look better if they have larger amounts of money on file....even though it doesn't belong to them.

Advertisement