Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Have done:

Joe lauzon
    Paige by decision
    Pettis by decision
    Maia by ko/tko or submission

€5 @ 63/1 with bet 365

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Paige VanZant by Decision
    Sam Alvey by KO/Sub
    Jeremy Kennedy by Decision
    Kyle Bochniak win
    Shane Campbell win
    Alessio Di Chirico win

€10 returns €399

Seems like decent odds on Damian Maia to win by sub - 4.33
    1 takedown might well be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

Joe Lauzon to win
    Anthony Pettis to win
    VanZant on points

20 euro returns 110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Bec Rawlings @ 13/8 for me.

I think the power she has could be enough to beat Paige.

Also can't be sure how much of a distraction that dancing competition for Paige was.

• Advertisement

Seems like decent odds on Damian Maia to win by sub - 4.33
    1 takedown might well be enough

Load of winners on this card, rolled them all onto this. Should pay for Hamburg, Manchester and Belfast cards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Bet.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Overeem 5/4 win, must look closer to time for KO/TKO market

Have put some money on latifi by KO at 4.33 and sobotta by sub at 10.0. Ok, Dalby is fav, never been finished but it's worth a shot for a home fighter with a lot of subs. Will have to fly home 1st class if they come in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Two for this event:

Khabilov
    Evans-Smith
    Gustafsson

And the same three again in a MOV:

Khabilov on points
    Evans-Smith on points
    Gustafsson by KO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

khabilov/hein surely a banker double, odds only 3/4
    add in bader to make it 6/4
    bader should really be beating the like of latifi handy enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Only bet on Barnett and arvolski ko r1 16/5

UFC Matches Andrei Arlovski v Josh Barnett
    03-09-2016 21:00
    Method of Victory
    Josh Barnett by KO @ 7/2
    UFC Matches Ryan Bader v Ilir Latifi
    03-09-2016 20:15
    Method of Victory
    Ryan Bader on Points @ 15/8
    UFC Matches Alexander Gustafsson v Jan Blachowicz
    03-09-2016 20:30
    Method of Victory
    Alexander Gustafsson by KO @ 7/5

Bader on points, Gus via KO and Barnett by KO 10 euro returns 310

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭tinpib

Straightforward dead cert yankee :pac:

Arlovski dec
    Blachowitz dec
    Bader dec
    Hyun Bang KO

mailburner wrote: »
    khabilov/hein surely a banker double, odds only 3/4
    add in bader to make it 6/4
    bader should really be beating the like of latifi handy enough?

2 minutes ago I was really regretting putting in bader :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gonna do Werdum, Overeem, Gall and Faber, all just to win. 30 returns 240

faber a big price at 15/13 v rivera? it's very unusual for him to be the underdog unless against a top guy

mickey gall sub at 11/10...it will happen surely, head says to have a good bet

my idea of a banker would be both the punk and werdum fight not to go the distance but price is only 5/6

like the reem also at 5/4

looks like a great betting card to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

I know zero about the Punk never watched WWE in my life and never watched any of whatever documentaries or shows selling this fight but i think he is gonna suprise everyone.

I probably am missing something i dont get why everyone seems so sure he will lose.Mickey Gall could be the next big thing or he could be possibly the worst fighter ever to step into the octagon.

Either way i am not sure why everyone thinks he wins here,his last fight was without doubt the biggest sham ever to happen in the UFC,he fought a journalist who fought with little to no training and it was his one and only fight it was really pathetic to watch.

Punk could become a draw for a couple fights,following the potential money from Punk,coupled with absolutely no barometer of how bad/good Gall is i will be sticking a bet on Punk here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

newbbieb wrote: »
    he fought a journalist who fought with little to no training and it was his one and only fight it was really pathetic to watch

He was a golden gloves champ yo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I know zero about the Punk never watched WWE in my life and never watched any of whatever documentaries or shows selling this fight but i think he is gonna suprise everyone.

I probably am missing something i dont get why everyone seems so sure he will lose.Mickey Gall could be the next big thing or he could be possibly the worst fighter ever to step into the octagon.

Either way i am not sure why everyone thinks he wins here,his last fight was without doubt the biggest sham ever to happen in the UFC,he fought a journalist who fought with little to no training and it was his one and only fight it was really pathetic to watch.

Punk could become a draw for a couple fights,following the potential money from Punk,coupled with absolutely no barometer of how bad/good Gall is i will be sticking a bet on Punk here.
    Gall is a typical entry level pro. With a good few years of solid experience.
    Punk is a entry level amateur fighter at best. With minimal experience.
    The jump from ammy to pro is no joke.

Punk has looked really bad in the Evolution documentaries. I've haven't watched them all, and he will presumable get better as the timeline progresses. But it may not be enough. I'm going to finish them tonight and watch the open workouts before decided.

But I did place a big bet on Gall when the prices opened back in Feb.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Gall is a typical entry level pro. With a good few years of solid experience.
    Punk is a entry level amateur fighter at best. With minimal experience.
    The jump from ammy to pro is no joke.

Punk has looked really bad in the Evolution documentaries. I've haven't watched them all, and he will presumable get better as the timeline progresses. But it may not be enough. I'm going to finish them tonight and watch the open workouts before decided.

But I did place a big bet on Gall when the prices opened back in Feb.

I actually read in places that he looked terrible in the evolution documentary,but without having watched them i can't help wonder how much real information is coming from a documentary that is made for him and about him.

Also can a documentary really tell you whats gonna happen in the cage,we don't really know what they are like till they have some actual real fights under their belt.

Galls experience is extremely limited i know and i accept they need to have someone with limited exp to get sanctioned but he almost looks like someone there to lose and is worse than he actually appears if that is possible for someone with 1 or 2 fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

He was a golden gloves champ yo! :D

had he trained any mma before that fight though? he gave absolutely no resistance when gall went for the td?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Gall first round 11/10
    R.I.P Mr Punk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Punk has all the heart in the world and trains hard at a good camp. But it makes absolutely no difference here, Gall will be light years ahead of him in speed and after a minute or two he will have Punk worn out and having his way with him. Gall by sub has to be the bet.

(I'd love Punk to win because of the story, but it's never happening.)

Betting wise I'd be looking at things like
    Main and co-main not go to the distance
    Werdum to win
    Gall to win

weemcd wrote: »
    Punk has all the heart in the world and trains hard at a good camp. But it makes absolutely no difference here, Gall will be light years ahead of him in speed and after a minute or two he will have Punk worn out and having his way with him. Gall by sub has to be the bet.

(I'd love Punk to win because of the story, but it's never happening.)

Betting wise I'd be looking at things like
    Main and co-main not go to the distance
    Werdum to win
    Gall to win

Is it whats in the documentaries(i haven't seen them) that makes everyone so sure Punk is gonna be so bad? or is it whatever way he looked when he used to fight WWE?was he a slow performer?

I mean Gall has age on his side and probably speed not that i would know.I just don't get why everyone is so up Gall,he could become something who knows,though he is more likely to amount to nothing,but there is not really any more of a barometer to measure him than there is Punk,he is very green in mma and with little more than zero to measure him on,i don't get why people think he won't go in there and look terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Thinking about sticking €20 on this accumulator but can't decide on slot 4.

Both Faber (2.0) and Eye are dodgy for that spot:
    Stipe Miocic 1.72
    Fabricio Werdum 1.50
    Mickey Gall To Win in Round 1 1.90
    Jessica Eye 1.72

Any advice for slot 4? Paddy Pimblett might be a good shout but there's no odds up for him.

but without having watched them i can't help wonder how much real information is coming from a documentary that is made for him and about him.
    If you watched the videos you'd understand, it's not possible to pretend to be that bad imo.

One bet so far;
    Accum
    Gall v Punk end in rd 1
    Faber v Rivera over 2.5rds
    JoJo Calderwood over 2.5rds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Is it whats in the documentaries(i haven't seen them) that makes everyone so sure Punk is gonna be so bad? or is it whatever way he looked when he used to fight WWE?was he a slow performer?

I mean Gall has age on his side and probably speed not that i would know.I just don't get why everyone is so up Gall,he could become something who knows,though he is more likely to amount to nothing,but there is not really any more of a barometer to measure him than there is Punk,he is very green in mma and with little more than zero to measure him on,i don't get why people think he won't go in there and look terrible.

The Evolution of CM Punk on YouTube goes through his camp. Not great tbh. He shows improvement, but he's not professional mma standard.

(I'd love to be wrong, and it happens all the time, but not for this one)

/edited to include youtube link, there are 4 episodes

Mellor wrote: »
    If you watched the videos you'd understand, it's not possible to pretend to be that bad imo.

One bet so far;
    Accum
    Gall v Punk end in rd 1
    Faber v Rivera over 2.5rds
    JoJo Calderwood over 2.5rds

I will have to watch them then before i actually put the bet on.

• Advertisement

[
    I will have to watch them then before i actually put the bet on.
    Yeah I'd really advise it. I was giving him the benefit I the doubt for a lot, especially grappling. But he's not exactly shining.

It could be a level, but I'm not convinced

Advertisement