Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I honestly don't think there's been an easier chance to win money in MMA in a looong time than the Gall v Punk fight. I don't have much of a bankroll to play with as I normally only bet for the craic but I have a few personal bets and a few syndicate bets on this one so all in I've about €300 on a few different bets.

Gall to win.
    Under 2.5 rounds
    Gall TKO 1st round

Let's be realistic. This is a guy with NO combat experience who, from the looks of things, can't throw a punch. Duke Roofus has nothing to lose in training him in return for a sizeable wedge of money. If he loses Duke's rep doesn't suffer in the slightest as well, he's a WWE guy, so easy fall back excuse. You can't learn that much in 24 months of injury plagued training.

The 'gym fight' they showed in episode one of the doc was embarrassing (Early days it may have been) but it reminded me of the Foxcatcher documentary were all these top quality wrestlers let John DuPont hang with them (and pin them in Du Pont organised tourneys) to cater to his ego.

By no means am I saying Gall is a world beater but this is as close to free money as you can get.

*THIS POST BECOMES NULL AND VOID IF PUNK WINS AND SHOULD NOT BE QUOTED TO SHOW A) IM AN IDIOT AND B) I'M BROKE*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just the one treble for me:

Gall by Submission
    Werdum by KO/TKO/Sub/Dec
    Reem

10 returns 108

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What was the most recent stuff seen in the YouTube documentaries? Last thing I seen was from nearly a year ago. CM Punk can train and practice all day everyday. He has the money to get in and train with some top people. Given that, surely someone can make a decent amount of progress in a year? Not enough to be competitive at the top level in the UFC but enough to beat someone with only a couple of pro fights under their belt. Everything I've seen of CM Punk so far on the documentaries says to me he's going to get his ass handed to him on a silver platter. A year is a long time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Mad one short stake
    Faber, Reem, Joanne, Punk 45/1 - Punk will let it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Know the situations are very different but I'm trying to figure out when was the last time there was this big of a ''sure thing'' in mma, was it Luke Rockhold or Mark Hunt? Lot of lads seem to be getting carried away here and need to remember its Mickey Gall Punk is fighting, not gsp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

can't pull the trigger on gall or overeem for some reason, i think the reem wins if he gets to fight at his pace like he has been doing
    finding it hard to pick a cert on this card, so many fighters whose recent records are pretty bad and some favourite to win like andrade, eye, tavares and dolloway
    joanne seems a good price at 5/4

only bet i've settled on is werdum to win by finish at 13/10 (888/unibet)
    he's beaten brown before and will be out to make amends for his horror show against miocic, adding to the fact brown has gone the distance once in his last
    ten fights (v werdum:pac:) where 8 of these have finished in the first round (3x first round ko losses + 5 first round wins for brown (4 by ko)

main bet
    werdum by finish 13/10 888/unibet

small bets on these for value alone, hoping punk can surive the first round and sure if he makes it into the second he'll be a hero
    It could be all about survival but who really knows how much punk has improved to be fair to him

gall by sub in round two 7/1
    werdum by ko in round one 9/1 (saver on brown ko rnd 1 11/2)
    miocic by ko in round 4 28/1 and ko in round 5 at 66/1
    singles/doubles/trebles
    bet365

I think overeem could be ahead going into the championship rounds so if miocic has to go for broke I think he'll take the reem late on

Depp wrote: »
    Know the situations are very different but I'm trying to figure out when was the last time there was this big of a ''sure thing'' in mma, was it Luke Rockhold or Mark Hunt? Lot of lads seem to be getting carried away here and need to remember its Mickey Gall Punk is fighting, not gsp!

It's very very different than the above. That is two highly skilled martial artists fighting each other where one is more skilled than the other and is expected to win. We all know anything can happen blah blah blah...This is different.

In my opinion, it's the equivalent of getting a bunch of lads who play 5 a side football every Tuesday evening and then training them extensively at Barcelona for two years and asking them to play a match against a league 2 professional side at the end of their two years. They would get absolutely embarrassed 10/12 - nil, no doubt about it. there is just a level of skill that is unattainable in such a short period of time.

(Hopefully mentioning Barcelona doesn't being Andersonisgod in here to extoll the virtues of La Masia and argue my point! :pac:)

Easy Rod wrote: »
    It's very very different than the above. That is two highly skilled martial artists fighting each other where one is more skilled than the other and is expected to win. We all know anything can happen blah blah blah...This is different.

In my opinion, it's the equivalent of getting a bunch of lads who play 5 a side football every Tuesday evening and then training them extensively at Barcelona for two years and asking them to play a match against a league 2 professional side at the end of their two years. They would get absolutely embarrassed 10/12 - nil, no doubt about it. there is just a level of skill that is unattainable in such a short period of time.

(Hopefully mentioning Barcelona doesn't being Andersonisgod in here to extoll the virtues of La Masia and argue my point! :pac:)

I dunno I'm not convinced by gall at all, and no way in hell I'd be willing to risk money at those odds for a guy whos so unproven, just think lads are getting carried away on a fight that should really be avoided

Depp wrote: »
    I dunno I'm not convinced by gall at all, and no way in hell I'd be willing to risk money at those odds for a guy whos so unproven, just think lads are getting carried away on a fight that should really be avoided

I'm not betting on Gall to be good, I'm betting on CM Punk to be the WORST fighter ever to fight in in the UFC.

For the record, I like Punk and think it's great that he's doing this for himself but he's not a professional mixed martial artist.

I'm not betting on Gall to be good, I'm betting on CM Punk to be the WORST fighter ever to fight in in the UFC.

For the record, I like Punk and think it's great that he's doing this for himself but he's not a professional mixed martial artist.

I still don't know, no way I'd back him heavy and at the price he is there's no point backing him light. especially not for something like a first round finish.

• Advertisement

I mean I for sure think the ufc have something up their sleeve, they are not leading punk in there to get finished in the first minute. Gall has only 2 fights and bothe were cans, one was a journalist ffs. Punk has been training with some world class fighters for two years and apparently some are claiming even longer than that. I think some of the footage of punk looking very bad is being put out there so that people are going to be surprised, I can see Punk winning tomorrow and beating Gall. In saying that I don't think PUnk will ever beat an actual UFC fighter but Gall should be nowhere near the ufc.

So I have a bet on at the moment that is riding but if that comes in ill post my bet on Punk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

MOV: TKO,Sub,DQ -Jojo 9/2 (B365) chucked €10 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

All over faber at 13/10

Have gone for Eye vs Correia not to go the distance at 2.85
    Home town fighter and some friction at weigh-ins.

Few quid on McBride to win by sub. Big Underdog, missed weight but all his wins are by sub. Odds of 12.0

Overeem by Finish at 2.62

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

A straightforward life changing winner/method/round goliath :pac:

Magalhes rd 1
    Lentz pts
    Eye Ps
    Calderwood pts
    Rivera pts
    CM Punk pts
    Browne Ko rd 2
    Overeem rd 2

€0.06 Golaith pays enough for a solid gold house.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tinpib wrote: »
    A straightforward life changing winner/method/round goliath :pac:

Magalhes rd 1
    Lentz pts
    Eye Ps
    Calderwood pts
    Rivera pts
    CM Punk pts
    Browne Ko rd 2
    Overeem rd 2

€0.06 Golaith pays enough for a solid gold house.

What's the return on that as a matter of interest?

What's the return on that as a matter of interest?

€111k odd for €14.82

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Miocic KO/SUB
    Werdum KO/SUB
    Gall KO/SUB
    Eye to win
    Tavares to win
    Medeiros to win

€10 returns €301

Hail Mary MOV Acca
    Medeiros by KO/Sub
    Tavares by Decision
    Eye by Decision
    Lentz by Decision
    Gall by KO/Sub
    Miocic by KO/Sub
    Andrade by KO/Sub
    Werdum by KO/Sub
    Faber by Decision

€2 returns €10k

I did faber/overeem via ko/ werdum 8 euro returns 89 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Keeping it simple :

Jessica Andrade & The Reem to win at 5/2

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    €111k odd for €14.82

Pints for everyone in the forum on you if that one comes in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Werdum by KO/TKO or Sub at 6/4

not a lot sticking out tonight

fancy poirier and have him doubled with muhammed
    works out at evens

muhammed fighting the lad who lost to pendred, i'd imagine he wont be quite
    that bad again but he'll need to improve a tonne on that performance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Brown by Ko/Sub
    Carlos Jr by Ko/Sub
    Muhammed by Dec
    Sicillia win
    Skelly win
    Makhachev win
    Poirier win
    Dunham win
    Brunson win

€4 returns €396

This week's series of highly unlikely events are:

Morales rd 2
    Brown/Montano will go to dec [weird markets on PP for that one]
    Gomes pts
    Carlos sub rd 2
    mohomad rd 1 ko
    Benetez pts
    Skelly pts
    Makhavhev pts

Then tell the world to go fcuk themselves first thing Monday morning.

edit: will almost certainly be asleep by the latter end of the card so flung money on the earlier fights that I hadn't a rashers about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Montano Vs Brown

Fight to finish in either round 3 or by decision @ Evens. I think PP have the prices wrong on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

shocksy wrote: »
    Montano Vs Brown

Fight to finish in either round 3 or by decision @ Evens. I think PP have the prices wrong on this one.

That'll do :D Round 3 submission

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Thiago Santos by Ko in 1st round @ 5/6

Spicely, his opponent, is an awful fighter imo. Got choked out by Sam Alvey in his last fight even though BJJ is his greatest weapon. Gets rocked pretty easily also which won't suit against Santos who has a lot of power and brilliant kicks. Spicely to be cut after this.

Trinaldo vs Felder to go the distance (4/7) & Formiga vs Ortiz to go the distance (2/5) - double works out at just better than Evs.

Ok tonight's €0.04c goliath for a total of €9.88 is:

Fasholz pts
    East rd 1
    Cutelaba rd 2
    McCrory pts
    Nakamura rd 3 sub
    Harris rd 1 KO
    Filli rd 2
    Henrqiue da silva pts

Returns a cool €298k.

Not many decisions due tonight I notice so should be a spectacle for us fight fans :pac:

• Advertisement

bisbings and mousasi certs surely, odds of 1.82 only though which I took

I threw in nurmagomedov to bring it up to 5/4 also

he fights john howard later, i'd imagine unless he injures himself walking into the octagon then he'll surely take howard
    with a name like that how can he lose (cousin of khabib)

mousasi only needs to show up
    that leaves hendo, v unlikely imo but if there was a possibility of this
    bet losing then maybe that is it...think his chance of winning should be a lot bigger than the 2/1 available
    it'll be my worst day this year if it does happen

and the usual hit and hope bets
    osp/bis/mous all by ko at 9.5/1
    bis+mous ko/osp pts 24/1
    osp+bis rnd 2/mous rnd 1 big odds

Advertisement