Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Danny Roberts ko r1
    Struve R3 or Decision
    Bisping R1,2,3
    OSP R1,2

1 euro lucky 15 gets back 356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Well lads,hopefully it's OK to ask in this thread. Thinking of hopping on the betting bandwagon for the fights tonight (Bisping and Mousasi seems like easy money and given that Belfort and Hendo are "names" the odds won't be too bad probably). What sites do ye use? Was thinking of just opening an account on Paddy Power and working from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Gumbi wrote: »
    Well lads,hopefully it's OK to ask in this thread. Thinking of hopping on the betting bandwagon for the fights tonight (Bisping and Mousasi seems like easy money and given that Belfort and Hendo are "names" the odds won't be too bad probably). What sites do ye use? Was thinking of just opening an account on Paddy Power and working from there.

Paddy power are fine.

A lot of people here recommend https://m.oddschecker.com/ to determine which site to use on which bet.

I use betvictor at the minute, for no real reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Main Acca
    Bisping Ko/Sub
    Struve Ko/Sub
    Bektic Ko/Sub
    Tumenov Ko/Sub
    OSP win
    Mousassi win
    works out at 40/1

Hail Mary MOV acca
    Roberts by Ko/Sub
    Martins by Ko/Sub
    Diakiese by Ko/Sub
    Alcantara by Decision
    Grant by Decision
    Tumenov by Ko/Sub
    Bisping by Ko/Sub
    Bektic by Ko/Sub
    OSP by Decision
    Struke by Ko/Sub
    Mousassi by Decision
    works out around 48k/1

Solid picks Axwell. Biggest risk is the Struve one I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

This evening's €0.05c goliath coming to you straight out of Grey's Sports Almanac is:

Tumenov ko
    Stasiak sub
    Pickett pts
    Bektic pts
    OSP rd 2
    Omielaczuk pts
    Mousas1 rd 1
    Bisping rd 2

Total bet of €12.35 yields a very groovy €23,248.15c

I went ahead and signed up for Paddy Power. I'm super safe about bets, and played it safe last night. Called for Bektic, Moose and Bisping to win on a treble, put down a tenner and got 20.80 back for my troubles. I should have called Bektic at the very least for a finish given he was facing a short notice guy who was 0-3 in the UFC, but hindsight is 20/20. happy enough with my first gambling venture.

On a side note, Paddy Power are wrecking my head. I woke up to having my account suspended (tried to log in, temporarily suspended, check email from security team). Go to email, no email from them. Talk to customer support. They tell me to self verify using this link/tool. I click on link. Link requires me to login to use the verification tool. I can't log in because my account is suspended because I haven't been verified.

If that's not bad enough, they insisted on a paper bank statement (as well as photo passport + debit card, no biggie for those). I told them I don't get paper bank statement anymore, would a screenshot of online statement do (clearly shows home address)? No, must be letter to your house.

I just printed the eStatement, snapped a pic and hoped they'd been none the wiser. Pretty ridiculous tbh.

If that's not bad enough, they insisted on a paper bank statement (as well as photo passport + debit card, no biggie for those).

Yep, it's the law now for money laundering so no way around it, but I agree it is headwrecking.

Not to derail the thread but I'm on day 19 of trying to get my account verified with Betfair, still not done. Emails not replied too, then asking for more paperwork that isn't in their FAQ. Sent my phone number 4 times for the verification phone call, still nothing. A joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

tinpib wrote: »
    Yep, it's the law now for money laundering so no way around it, but I agree it is headwrecking.

Not to derail the thread but I'm on day 19 of trying to get my account verified with Betfair, still not done. Emails not replied too, then asking for more paperwork that isn't in their FAQ. Sent my phone number 4 times for the verification phone call, still nothing. A joke.
    I'm in a similar situation with Coral. It's ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

tinpib wrote: »

bombard their twitter page
    you might be surprised how quick it could get sorted
    smilerf wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation with Coral. It's ridiculous
    was in the same situation with corals years back and no matter what I sent it got rejected and no reason why, no replies when I asked
    I started complaining on their twitter page and the matter was sorted in hours, a hell of a lot of people had problems with coral and their verification process

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is there any benefit to using Coral? I use bet365, used to use Paddy Power but found them terrible for UFC/MMA - on 365 when you bet on the MOV you are basically betting on a finish or points - a KO and SUB are considered the same and the other option is points decision. So you dont have to decide between a sub or ko, it may have changed on PP but before they didnt have that and you had to pick the exact MOV - is it still the same, what is the option on coral?

Axwell wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to using Coral? I use bet365, used to use Paddy Power but found them terrible for UFC/MMA - on 365 when you bet on the MOV you are basically betting on a finish or points - a KO and SUB are considered the same and the other option is points decision. So you dont have to decide between a sub or ko, it may have changed on PP but before they didnt have that and you had to pick the exact MOV - is it still the same, what is the option on coral?

don't find coral great at all for mma and not a great range of markets
    I can't ever remember them having best price on any single/double/multiple in all the years ive been betting
    very limited on extra markets like mov double chance which i've yet to see there
    pp will let you bet double chance ko or sub ko or pts sub or pts nowadays

pp or betv I find the best for the amounts of markets (you can even bet on a ud or a split with betv :pac:
    888 also very good and overall I find their prices on the mov for one just about the best
    skybet/stan james even betway not bad also

I got a cheeky email back to my exasperated email from Betfair looking for my phone number for the 5th time. Sure it's someone taking the piss.

So I took your advice mailburner and tweeted them, got a reply within 2 minutes max I'd say.

Still not resolved but the response time was impressive.

Well lads, using PaddyPower now, with some decent success for my first foray into the betting world. It does the job, but I find some of the betting very limited. Aside from the big fights (ie McGregor), it offers limited betting, often limited to just win/lose or over/under 1.5 rounds or 2.5 rounds.

Specifically I'd like to bet on a method of victory, or whether a fight will be finished. Any advice on which service to use (outside of Paddy Power) for those betting options?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Well lads, using PaddyPower now, with some decent success for my first foray into the betting world. It does the job, but I find some of the betting very limited. Aside from the big fights (ie McGregor), it offers limited betting, often limited to just win/lose or over/under 1.5 rounds or 2.5 rounds.

Specifically I'd like to bet on a method of victory, or whether a fight will be finished. Any advice on which service to use (outside of Paddy Power) for those betting options?

Thanks!

Bet365 i find good; especially the in play betting the odds can be crazy sometimes. They offer a fight to be won by ko, tko or sub as the one bet. Sometimes the odds to be better than pp on single MOV.

Thanks!

If you can wait until the day of the fights, 888sport have very good choices. Can be slow to payout occasionally (23 fights later) but offer plenty of MOV options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

A lot of places including paddypower won't have the full markets up yet. Come closer to the fight there will be an array of markets to choose from.

cerrone/wonderboy double at just short of 6/4

do most think its a cert..i do myself

on the other hand I'm thinking of having my biggest ever bet on wonderboy
    at 4/7
    he has it all, outclassed rory who previously beat woodley easily
    appears to have a good chin, very elusive...he could get caught but if this goes past the first round I think it'll be one way traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

mailburner wrote: »
    cerrone/wonderboy double at just short of 6/4

do most think its a cert..i do myself

on the other hand I'm thinking of having my biggest ever bet on wonderboy
    at 4/7
    he has it all, outclassed rory who previously beat woodley easily
    appears to have a good chin, very elusive...he could get caught but if this goes past the first round I think it'll be one way traffic

What happens if woodly sits on him for 5 rounds? Wrestlers are good at that

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Wonderboy
    JJ
    Cowboy

Treble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone have any idea where you would get markets on specific subs?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Flying out tomorrow

Prices on conor win in round 1 or 2 look good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

but1er wrote: »
    What happens if woodly sits on him for 5 rounds? Wrestlers are good at that

Wonderboy can stay out of TD range and has excellent TDD and Defensive wrestling. Wouldn't suprise me if Woodley didn't get him down at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

For the big fight I've backed Conor r1 KO and I'm going to hedge small bets on Eddie r2-4. I think Conor either finishes him early or Eddie finishes him soon after.

Also think I'll take Edgar decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Main bet for me is McGregor KO/TKO R2 at 6/1. Solid value in that.

First of a few small accas done as well:

Weidman
    Wonderboy on points
    Khabib
    Tate
    McGregor by KO/TKO

Going to wait until Friday to do the rest, hoping more markets open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Waiting on McGregor, Khabib & JJ for a bet I've going since the Ryder cup and the Sam Maguire.

My UFC only accum is
    Mcgregor
    Khabib
    Weidman
    Thompson
    Cerrone
    Tate (on points)
    JJ (on points)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Couldn't help myself from taking Conor sub in the 2nd. The odds are rightly generous.

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone have any idea where you would get markets on specific subs?

nobody does markets on these

nice odds on the second no doubt, first round odds generous compared to some previous fights but still no value, liking the 3rd also at 12
    can't decide on a round myself assuming he does actually finish alvarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mailburner wrote: »
    nobody does markets on these

You sure :D:D:D

Advertisement