Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mellor wrote: »
    You sure :D:D:D

99.9% :pac:

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone have any idea where you would get markets on specific subs?

2wf4fti.jpg

apologies...my mistake

http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/mma-ufc/coupons/1327866/323785910/750976700/0/0/PE/0/0/0/0/0
    You sure :D:D:D

you knew...
    Not as sure as I thought I was :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mailburner wrote: »
    99.9% :pac:

You much have missed this then ;)
    I'm leaning towards Conor by TKO in the second as a likely outcome.

But I also placed a bet on Conor by Guillotine. A value bet, rather than likely outcome.
    There's method to my madness.

I did indeed miss it and I figured you'd be ready to fire as soon as I posted and got in seconds before me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

2bw5CXn.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

maximoose wrote: »
    2bw5CXn.png

Under 2.5 in khabib johnson is madness imo; dead cert to go the distance.

ASOT wrote: »
    Under 2.5 in khabib johnson is madness imo; dead cert to go the distance.

you took the words out of my mouth, looks the risky one
    khabib wouldnt finish the cat :pac:

on that note 4/5 to go the distance looks a great price

You're probably right, a bit of wishful hoping for MJ to derail the Khabib train in style on my part :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

“Banker” accumulator
    Cerrone
    Tate
    Weidman
    Mcgregor
    Wonderboy
    - All to win 20e returns 193e

Outside Chance Double
    Michael Johnson
    Jeremy Stephens
    -Both to win 5e returns 50e

KO Treble
    Mcgregor
    Wonderboy
    Cerrone
    - All to win by KO, 5e returns 131e

Main event
    Mcgregor to KO him in 2nd
    -10e returns 80e

Hate doing my bets before the weigh-ins incase somebody has a bad cut but i'm heading over for this.
    Gotta love America:
    Carrying a gun - LEGAL
    Smoking drugs - LEGAL
    Placing a bet - ILLEGAL

muppets.

Will be going for McGregor/Alvarez Not to distance
    JJ win by finish
    Wonderboy win by finish
    Cowboy win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Just curious guys, can you place a bet on UFC events in the bookies? I'm not a fan of online betting and usually only bet on football the odd time so don't really know if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just curious guys, can you place a bet on UFC events in the bookies? I'm not a fan of online betting and usually only bet on football the odd time so don't really know if I can.

I do most of my MMA betting online with 365 but when it comes to shops you can in Ladbrokes and PP anyway likely Boyles too but they don't make it easy you've to go to counter and ask etc they'll look up prices, basically if you're willing to give them money they'll happily oblige :D

I remember one of the above PP likely...for UFC196 anyway a Mcgregor card no doubt they had a pools sheet with all bouts on card and a bunch of markets, round betting,MOV etc. You'd think they'd do this a lot more tbh. I'll actually be passing PP later so will drop in and see if this massive card has peaked their interest enough to do similar.

Particularly with numbered events they appear on those stationary touch screen betting machines that are situated in most of the big outlets. Go to sports then choose MMA but almost sure fight winner is the only market I've seen done on these.

For the moment I've gone with

McG v Alvarez - go distance (No)
    Joanna KO/TKO/Sub/DQ
    Miller v Alves - under 2.5 rounds
    Cowboy v Gastelum - under 2.5 rounds

5r pays 101 (B365)

JJ was 2/1 for finish which I think seems overpriced.

Cowboy v Gastelum - under 2.5 rounds

This has just been cancelled, Gastelum 10lbs over :rolleyes:

maximoose wrote: »
    This has just been cancelled, Gastelum 10lbs over :rolleyes:

Ah he's some fat man! Oh well that's gonna wallop the return on that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

assume cowboy will just be a non runner then?

you're some flute gastelum, can't understand it esp on that card

think someone mentioned a missed weight market here before...iirc it was gastelum that brought that bet in (v hendricks)
    wondering if that market was/is still available

Anyone else thinks Conor has a chance of the sub? He was 16/1 on betfair few days ago, I stuck 10 euro on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think it's pretty weird that people see value in Conor sub. The odds are massive because it's extremely unlikely. What's he going to do, triangle him? Guillotine him? Pettis couldn't do anything and he's very good off his back. It's a weird trend every Conor fight.

Devastator wrote: »
    Kelvin 171 & Johnny 171.25 and officially misses weight by 0.25lbs!

Now who owes me some commission? :D:pac:

twas johnny not kelvin
    evens was the price then, alves would've brought the bet in this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I think it's pretty weird that people see value in Conor sub. The odds are massive because it's extremely unlikely. What's he going to do, triangle him? Guillotine him? Pettis couldn't do anything and he's very good off his back. It's a weird trend every Conor fight.

RNC, Eddie hits the floor after taking a big left from Conor, Conor lays in some G&P and takes the back. Conor is not going to back off Eddie like he did with Nate.

And from what we have heard/seen from SBG Conor has been working a lot of offensive bjj with Dillon, from his back and against the fence. There is definitely a chance of a win by sub.

There's about as much chance as Thompson subbing Woodley, ie. very small. Hence the large odds. Most people are going off his training buddy saying some nice words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Dont normally bet but I tried my hand at an accumulator this time with Paddy Power. I had Gastelum to win as one of the bets. What happens now considering he is off the card? Is my bet cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Dont normally bet but I tried my hand at an accumulator this time with Paddy Power. I had Gastelum to win as one of the bets. What happens now considering he is off the card? Is my bet cancelled?

No. It stays an accumulator without that bet included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

No. It stays an accumulator without that bet included

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Good deal of money coming for Eddie can see it being a picken 10/11 each of 2 after the weigh in maybe like Aldo McGregor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it's pretty weird that people see value in Conor sub. The odds are massive because it's extremely unlikely.
    Being unlikely doesn't prevent something being good value tbh.
    There's about as much chance as Thompson subbing Woodley, ie. very small. Hence the large odds. Most people are going off his training buddy saying some nice words.

Conor was a brown belt in BJJ long before he met Danis

Being unlikely doesn't prevent something being good value tbh.

Conor was a brown belt in BJJ long before he met Danis

Value = Odds represent a less chance of it coming off than there actually is (ie. Higher odds). Conor is 25/1 for the sub on BV, I'd say that's pretty fair in terms of chance. There are no likely scenarios where Conor subs him in my head. People are saying if he hurts Eddie he'll jump in and sub him, but he had top control on a wobbled Siver and decided to pound him out. Top control on Holloway and threatened nothing (I know it was a while ago but we don't have much to go by). In terms of Eddie on top, he's had Pettis and Giblert on bottom recently and they've threatened nothing.

Anyway good luck. I've just noticed people quote value on Conor sub most fights but I don't see it. I only see him winning via KO in r1 or possibly r2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Any support for the idea of Tate losing by sub?

Her opponent loves a sub & is 15/2 with pp

Or is Tate just too good for her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

I went for a small treble on JJ, Khabib and Tate. 2 quid on McGregor ko in the 2nd

Advertisement