Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

As a massive BJ fan even I cant bring myself to fancy him here its been about 7 years since he won a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Paddy power only offering match betting and over/under 2.5 rounds. Would like to see what odds are like for Penn by sub. Would like a flutter on that just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paddy power only offering match betting and over/under 2.5 rounds. Would like to see what odds are like for Penn by sub. Would like a flutter on that just for the craic.

Usually more markets on friday.

Woodley is underdog to Wonderboy again Ill be backing him I think, wasnt in much danger first fight should be favourite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Gamebred wrote: »
    Woodley is underdog to Wonderboy again Ill be backing him I think, wasnt in much danger first fight should be favourite.

Really need to watch that again, loved that fight. I think Wonderboy might edge it this time tho, could see him having learned alot from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Bet Victor have markets up for the champs at the end of 2017. Khabib LW champ is 7/4. Jacare MW 15/2. Maia WW 4/1. All of those look good value to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Django99 wrote: »
    Bet Victor have markets up for the champs at the end of 2017. Khabib LW champ is 7/4. Jacare MW 15/2. Maia WW 4/1. All of those look good value to me

jacare good value if they don't shaft him, like maia too even more so if wonderboy wins the rematch
    I like rumble 5/1 max 3/1
    dillashaw 5/2 would be my favourite
    they'll also let you do multiple bets on them....saying that they'd have done awful well on this market during 2016 :p

on the flip side fighters I can't see being champ that are poorly priced, some should be double/treble those odds
    almeida 8/1
    lawler 13/2
    weidman 5/1 shocking price
    bisbing13/2 wouldnt be the biggest shock in the world if he beat romero and managed to avoid fighting again this year :pac:

conor is 5/2 for featherweight...surely he wont return to that weightclass which leaves aldo or max both at 3/1....surely a safe enough bet backing both at those odds given its unlikely edgar (12s)beats either or pettis for that matter (16s)

itll be interesting to see how the hotpots get on nunes 4/5 and dj 2/5
    no competition for dj its fair to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It was such a weird fight. Woodley looked way more dangerous but he's so conservative, probably to save energy. Wonderboy dominated most of the striking but still looked like getting dropped on every rare occasion Woodley threw something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thought I replied to this already. My picks, as a combo of value and who I actually think will be champ, would be;

Fly: Mighty Mouse...No explanation needed imo
    BW: Cruz...Value. Expert tactician, can see him winning if he gets re-shot. If TUF goes ahead will reconsider depending on dates.
    FW: Aldo. So underrated since that KO. Won't be surprised if he murders Max.
    LW: Conor. Khabib might not get a shot this year.
    WW: Maia
    MW: Jacare (value), Romero (likely)
    LHW: Jones...no one else
    HW: Velasquez

Khabib wont get a shot in 2017 even if he beats tony :pac:

• Advertisement

Khabib wont get a shot in 2017 even if he beats tony :pac:

Possibly not, but if he does I think he'll win. If we assume he does, it's basically a double to beat Ferguson and McGregor. And I think 7/4 is great value for that bet.

So even taking into account the possibility he doesn't get the shot this year, I think it's value.

Shocking bet, him and Ferguson will be a pickem and its evens the pair against McGregor.

Shocking bet, him and Ferguson will be a pickem and its evens the pair against McGregor.

Couldn't agree less. I believe Khabib is every bit as good as his record suggests, despite the relatively weak caliber of his opponents. I also think he's striking is under rated. I think it's good enough to get him into a clinch and that's all he needs. He won't even attempt to stand and trade with either of them.

And once it hits the ground, I can't see either ferguson or McGregor causing any problems or even being able to defend for too long. Ferguson won't be getting a Darce choke in nor will McGregor be able to attack with elbows from the bottom.

Couldn't agree less. I believe Khabib is every bit as good as his record suggests, despite the relatively weak caliber of his opponents. I also think he's striking is under rated. I think it's good enough to get him into a clinch and that's all he needs. He won't even attempt to stand and trade with either of them.

And once it hits the ground, I can't see either ferguson or McGregor causing any problems or even being able to defend for too long. Ferguson won't be getting a Darce choke in nor will McGregor be able to attack with elbows from the bottom.

Im talking about the mathamatics of the bet, your taking 7/4 on that double happening,

At the worst prices now for them individual fights it pays 3.2/1 your taking 2.75, that will probably get bigger too,

Khabib will drift when the money comes for Ferguson it was a pick em fight first time they were due to fight, he will also be bigger than the even money v mcgregors thats currently on offer public will come for Conor and Khabib will drift imo, hence 7/4 being a bad bet to make.

Im talking about the mathamatics of the bet, your taking 7/4 on that double happening,

At the worst prices now for them individual fights it pays 3.2/1 your taking 2.75, that will probably get bigger too,

Khabib will drift when the money comes for Ferguson it was a pick em fight first time they were due to fight, he will also be bigger than the even money v mcgregors thats currently on offer public will come for Conor and Khabib will drift imo, hence 7/4 being a bad bet to make.

Ah sorry my mistake. Do you think Khabib will drift? I'm not sure I think he'll actually shorten. It was a pick em the first time but at the time Khabib was coming back from a long lay off so there was an element of unknown whether he'd be the same. He's come back better than expected.

And again, at the moment he's evens with McGregor but if he beats Ferguson I think that could shorten a bit, maybe to around 1.9/1. Will be interesting to see how it plays out I suppose.

Ah sorry my mistake. Do you think Khabib will drift? I'm not sure I think he'll actually shorten. It was a pick em the first time but at the time Khabib was coming back from a long lay off so there was an element of unknown whether he'd be the same. He's come back better than expected.

And again, at the moment he's evens with McGregor but if he beats Ferguson I think that could shorten a bit, maybe to around 1.9/1. Will be interesting to see how it plays out I suppose.

Yeah I'd sooner take a chance just punt him v Ferguson the roll it onto the McGregor match up bet, double wont pay less than 6/4 that way at very worse and you get your money back if the fight doesnt happen by the end of the year, dont get it back the other way,

I dont think Conor will fight either this year its GSP or Woodley imo.

Yeah I'd sooner take a chance just punt him v Ferguson the roll it onto the McGregor match up bet, double wont pay less than 6/4 that way at very worse and you get your money back if the fight doesnt happen by the end of the year, dont get it back the other way,

I dont think Conor will fight either this year its GSP or Woodley imo.

Good shout I suppose especially with the possibility of no title fight this year.

it's basically a double to beat Ferguson and McGregor. And I think 7/4 is great value for that bet.
    I'm with Gamebred, that's a terrible price for the double. Even before you consider the second fight might not happen.

You can do the double right now with PP and get 2/1 based on current Khabib v Conor prices.
    That also includes an insurance element. If the fight doesn't happen you'll get paid out (8/15) on the first as a single.

Clearly a much better bet
    OTE=Gamebred;102332680]
    [/QUOTE]
    I assume you means 3.2 not 3.2/1.
    I was able to get it as high as 3.4 but with two different bookies. Once Stan James price up Khabib v Tony, they'll be the best price on it

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Kahvib, McGregor and fergeson are all emotional bets it is a no go for a serious gambler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Cerrone and Shevchenco double this weekend

• Advertisement

eddie73 wrote: »
    Kahvib, McGregor and fergeson are all emotional bets it is a no go for a serious gambler.

How so?

There's almost nobody else it could be. Assigning an objective win % to each match, and then you have odds of each to get the belt. Pretty easy to spot the value. No emotions involved. Just basic gambling theory.

Think I'll put a small sum on Arlovski. I expect NGannou to KO him, but I think the lines are off. 7/2 is too big for AA, NGannou is still untested really.

Other than that I might play some of the overs.

Think I'll put a small sum on Arlovski. I expect NGannou to KO him, but I think the lines are off. 7/2 is too big for AA, NGannou is still untested really.

Other than that I might play some of the overs.
    He is 4/1 on Paddy Power at the moment, I wonder what odds for AA KO :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

He is 4/1 on Paddy Power at the moment, I wonder what odds for AA KO :cool:

Andrei Arlovski KO and Round 1: 14.0
    Andrei Arlovski KO and Round 2: 18.0
    Andrei Arlovski KO and Round 3: 26.0

Andrei Arlovski to Win by Finish:
    Yes: 5.5
    No: 1.13

Like I said I expect NG to win, AA has no chin at all but I still think there's some value there. He has big KO power, he may have lost 3 in a row but it was to top 10 fighters, the Barnett fight was also back and forth. NG has beaten very low ranked guys.

cerrone pts 2/1 with a saver on the sub at 13/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Pantoja
    Spiceley
    Johnson
    Jingliang
    Sterling
    Alvey
    Knight
    Ngannou
    Cerrone
    Pena

Tonight's wild accum:P

Few Quid on Pena by either Ko/Sub double chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Small acca for the weekend:

Torres on points
    Vick
    OSP by KO
    Bermudez on points

• Advertisement

sh1t odds at 7/10 but went with the andrade grasso double

wee accum also same two with osp bermudez and torres to win on pts
    works out around 7/2
    if torres somehow put rawlings to sleep then I wouldnt mind losing this in the slightest

Advertisement