Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Just gone for a long shot sub double for Waterson and Reis. €5 pays €450. Too good to not throw a couple of quid at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dulux99 wrote: »
    Surprised to see so many picking Waterson to be honest. I don't necessarily disagree but I'm finding it very difficult to make a pick in this one. Rose (usually) improves hugely between fights so I think it's a coin toss, I'll probably just avoid that one altogether.

Only the one bet for me tonight, a single on Robert Whittaker @ 7/4.
    Ding ding ding

Good thing I didn't take the advice of the chap who said my decision to not back Waterson "didn't make sense"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ding ding ding

Good thing I didn't take the advice of the chap who said my decision to not back Waterson "didn't make sense"

You said it was a coin toss, ie 50/50 who wins, there was a bigger price than even money available and you didnt back it so either you were talking scutter about your opinion on it being a coin toss or you dont understand value in a bet.

Gamebred wrote: »
    You said it was a coin toss, ie 50/50 who wins, there was a bigger price than even money available and you didnt back it so either you were talking scutter about your opinion on it being a coin toss or you dont understand value in a bet.

I've been an independent trackside bookmaker for the last 15 years pal you don't need to explain to me what value in a bet is. Value in a bet is a 7/4 underdog which I picked out days ago and went in big on. Not a razor tight fight which was accurately depicted by the bookmakers in which the favourite won.

I've been an independent trackside bookmaker for the last 15 years pal you don't need to explain to me what value in a bet is. Value in a bet is a 7/4 underdog which I picked out days ago and went in big on. Not a razor tight fight which was accurately depicted by the bookmakers in which the favourite won.

So you didnt actually think it was a coin toss then? so you admit posting something you didnt actually believe?

anyways makes no odds happy easter nice winner.

• Advertisement

So you didnt actually think it was a coin toss then? so you admit posting something you didnt actually believe?

anyways makes no odds happy easter nice winner.

Fair enough I probably didn't think it was literally a 50/50 fight, if there was a gun to my head I would have backed Rose. Too close to call though. Don't mean to be getting sh*tty with you, I'm sure you're a sound fella :) happy Easter to you too.

Whittaker is an animal, he beats everyone else in the top 5 in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Value in a bet is a 7/4 underdog which I picked out days ago and went in big on. Not a razor tight fight which was accurately depicted by the bookmakers in which the favourite won.

he was much bigger in most places to be fair
    well done though on picking him, whittaker better than I gave him credit for

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Is swanson ko at 5/6 like buying money !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is swanson ko at 5/6 like buying money !!

No really. He'll probably stand a better chance of a huge dominating win with GnP and could take a sub

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Think I am putting a few quid on Lauzon by sub with Mike Perry round 1.

And a couple of quid on Artem by KO of course. :D

• Advertisement

Stuck €42 on swanson tko/ko at 4/5 and a insurance bet €8 on sub 11/2 ..if artem wins im f**** can see it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IronSteve

I put 15 on Iaquinta to KO Sanchez. Stylistic nightmare for a shot and limited Diego.
    I put a huge 1.60 on Platinum Perry to win by KO in round 1. Ellenberger's chin is done...i hope

am thinking swanson ko looks pretty much nailed on, I think cub will take him for granted and try to get it done inside the first two

it's a pretty sick card taking away the main event
    iaquinta sanchez could be fight of the year, could see these two trying to take
    the head of each other and both are pretty hard to stop

jake v mike looks like a battle of the chins, jake been in there with the best and probably a better fighter but he's probably gonna stand with perry which means only one thing...perry wins this by chin

leites alvey could be another dogfight if leites stands with sam, I reckon he takes sam down and do what he's best at

lauzon ray another war possibly but for the life of me why is ray 4/7 and lauzon 13/8? what am I missing here?
    I see 9 of the 11 on junkie have gone for lauzon but sure 10/11 went for waterson last time :pac:

I've never seen Ray fight so don't know if you're missing anything. Lauzon is inconsistent though

UFC Matches Artem Lobov v Cub Swanson
    23-04-2017 05:45
    Double Chance
    Cub Swanson by KO or Submission @ 1/2
    UFC Matches Al Iaquinta v Diego Sanchez
    23-04-2017 05:10
    Method of Victory
    Al Iaquinta by KO @ 5/4
    UFC Matches Ovince Saint Preux v Marcos Rogerio De Lima
    23-04-2017 04:40
    Method of Victory
    Ovince Saint Preux by KO @ 7/5
    UFC Matches John Dodson v Eddie Wineland
    23-04-2017 04:10
    Match Betting
    John Dodson @ 2/9

Stuck €42 on swanson tko/ko at 4/5 and a insurance bet €8 on sub 11/2 ..if artem 🙈🙉🙊

Stuck €42 on swanson tko/ko at 4/5 and a insurance bet €8 on sub 11/2 ..if artem ......🀔 got that wrong

IronSteve wrote: »
    I put 15 on Iaquinta to KO Sanchez. Stylistic nightmare for a shot and limited Diego.
    I put a huge 1.60 on Platinum Perry to win by KO in round 1. Ellenberger's chin is done...i hope

Shame about getting the Perry round wrong.
    Made 33 euro on Iaquinta though so all good 😀

Maia is now underdog for the Masvidal fight, seriously wrong the market is, hes taking my namesake down and strangling him, Frankie will be underdog to beat Yair soon too and I'll be backing him to wrestle **** him.

I think you could be right on Maia, I'll probably take a punt on that too.
    I wouldn't bet against Yair, too young,hungry and dangerous for Frankie. We'll see.

Not MMA, but I think Joshua will KTFO Klitschko on Saturday. I threw 30 on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Always wary of betting on lads who sparred together meself.

Personally think AJ has to land v early or I could see him being taken to school by the old pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Agreed, either an early finish from Joshua or a points won for Klitschko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maia is now underdog for the Masvidal fight, seriously wrong the market is, hes taking my namesake down and strangling him, Frankie will be underdog to beat Yair soon too and I'll be backing him to wrestle **** him.
    The market is messed up right now.

Maia to win by sub or points is a shorter price than to win any way at all.

The shortest method overall is still Maia by sub. I'm hoping it increase out to 3/1 then I'll be all over it.

Mellor wrote: »
    The market is messed up right now.

Maia to win by sub or points is a shorter price than to win any way at all.

The shortest method overall is still Maia by sub. I'm hoping it increase out to 3/1 then I'll be all over it.

Yeah im doing the same holding out in hope, will probably only be priced up by a few other firms on fight week, but that said im happy to take maia sub at 5/2, Masvidals striking is being massively overated here because he bit cowboy who only fought a few weeks earlier, Maia has strangled better strikers with ease.

I think you could be right on Maia, I'll probably take a punt on that too.
    I wouldn't bet against Yair, too young,hungry and dangerous for Frankie. We'll see.

all look pretty good to me
    happy to take the 5/2 on the maia sub also myself and a little surprised he's the underdog for the win
    frankie yair I'm struggling to call, think yair might be ready for this step up

Yair can win via ko maybe but doubt he wins a decision, he struggled to a decision win off Alex Careces there not long ago he turns up anyway like that he be eaten alive.

Yair can win via ko maybe but doubt he wins a decision, he struggled to a decision win off Alex Careces there not long ago he turns up anyway like that he be eaten alive.

That's what worries me tbh then beating penn who would do well to beat a top 25 guy in that division, caceres would have beaten penn himself
    He has yet to beat a top 15 guy, too risky to back considering all this

The card will be ripped with injuries soon enough no doubt but, Sergio Pettis at bigger than 3/1 with Ladbrokes to beat Cejudo is crazy, a massive mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

The card will be ripped with injuries soon enough no doubt but, Sergio Pettis at bigger than 3/1 with Ladbrokes to beat Cejudo is crazy, a massive mistake.

Cancelled...

Advertisement