Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He wont be laying on Colby, good chance it happens to him excellent top pressure Colby has but not great striking.

Yep done our money in here, overestimated Kim's IQ and td defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was coming on here to post same

frustrating when you know you've done your money as early as round two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ah well, got that one wrong. Can't win em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    Gone for a safe as houses quad of:

Tuck, Dos Anjos, Tybura and Holm to win at 2.94 [happy days

A mystic tinpib €2 yankee of:

Tuck by stoppage 1.66 Boom!!
    Dos Anjos pts 1.95 Boom!!
    Tybura Stoppage 1.66VUL there, was sure he was going to finish Arlovski int he 1st, was blessed to hold on in the end
    Holm pts 2.4 Shame the bet lost but delighted for Holly, nice finish too

Then topped up the quad of the above with an extra €8 to make it a tenner quad.

Decided to leave out the CC match, seems a lot are opposing him on here and the guy John Morgan on MMAJunkie during the early weigh-ins couldn't believe the price, he thought Kim might be fav.

Looking forward to it as always. People complaining about the quality of the card but often they have great fights.

Ended up with a small loss overall but enjoyed it. UFC is Sunday next week, Bellator on Saturday.

Can you bet on Bellator anywhere btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Can you bet on Bellator anywhere btw?

I've just had a look, Betway are offering odds, but only on Fedor vs Mitrione right now.

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/james-gallagher-v-chinzo-machida/winner

This weeks ''value'' loser from me will be Machida to beat Gallagher, bit bigger than 6/4 but waiting for pp to price it up and a few other firms to see what price they go, big step up for Gallagher can see him getting his head kicked off here.

Bj Penn is 13/8 to beat Siver at the weekend, I'm unashamedly a huge fan of Penn but even with my bias taken into consideration I feel that's a false price, granted it's been a long time since we've seen anything resembling an impressive performance from BJ, but if you look at his last few opponents ; Yair Rodriguez, Frankie Edgar, Rory Mcdonald and Nick Diaz.

Denis Siver might be the worst active fighter in the UFC, I fancy Penn to batter him.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Denis Siver might be the worst active fighter in the UFC, I fancy Penn to batter him.

Betch begs to differ, but I agree can see BJ doing well here would love to see hi go out with a win,

Not sure if Sonnen threw that fight last time against Tito but you'd be mad taking the odds on about him v Wandy.

Bj Penn is 13/8 to beat Siver at the weekend, I'm unashamedly a huge fan of Penn but even with my bias taken into consideration I feel that's a false price, granted it's been a long time since we've seen anything resembling an impressive performance from BJ, but if you look at his last few opponents ; Yair Rodriguez, Frankie Edgar, Rory Mcdonald and Nick Diaz.

was thinking the opposite myself, penn is so far past it that I think he's close to being the worst active fighter in the ufc, saying that I am a bit disgusted at sivers price (1/2) I actually expected something close to 8/11 so will have to double him with someone now
    I wish to god bj would just retire

mitrione's odds have been cut in the past 24 hours from evens to 4/5 but even at that I think he beats fedor handy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wtf????? Not even close to being the worst. What are you on?

Interesting to see how PP have priced Gallagher vs Machida - 15/8 Gallagher 2/5 Machida. Not quite sure what to make of it, I would have thought bellator would only give James this fight if they thought it was very winnable for him

Interesting to see how PP have priced Gallagher vs Machida - 15/8 Gallagher 2/5 Machida. Not quite sure what to make of it, I would have thought bellator would only give James this fight if they thought it was very winnable for him

You've it the wrong way around, and Machida is a 40 year old with about 5 fights to his name hardly world class opposition, ill give James some credit if he takes him out though.

Gamebred wrote: »
    You've it the wrong way around, and Machida is a 40 year old with about 5 fights to his name hardly world class opposition, ill give James some credit if he takes him out though.

Maybe there's a bug on the site but this is how it's priced for me?

Maybe there's a bug on the site but this is how it's priced for me?

Its the opposite way around for me on their website, its same across all the bookies so you wouldnt be paid out if ya backed it, anyways I think he might strangle him but Machida has good karate.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Its the opposite way around for me on their website, its same across all the bookies so you wouldnt be paid out if ya backed it, anyways I think he might strangle him but Machida has good karate.

Ah yeah fair enough. It's a weird fight, 20 year old youthful muppet vs 40 year old life long martial artist, wouldn't fancy having a bet on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Is Tim Boetch value at 9/5?
    I'm struggling to decide if it is or not. He's a lot bigger than Hendricks, hits hard, good wrestler, a solid pro basically. Does Hendricks even care, is his body just shot?

Also my love for BJ has me tempted by the 7/4 available. I'll be worried watching that one :(

PP have 4 Bellator fights priced, Gallagher, Davis/Bader, Fedor and Sonnen. But you can't combine the Fedor fight into multiples for some reason.

So did a trixie of Gallagher, Bader and Sonnen for interest.

Sonnen either threw that last fight or is finished, wouldnt trust him.

bader davis to go the distance at 4/6

I don't remember seeing a better 4/6 shot in a long time, doubt either has the ability to finish the other and this will be one of the most boring fights you'll see in a long time similiar to davis v evans

edit, forgot these two fought already...i cant remember it at all

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    bader davis to go the distance at 4/6

I don't remember seeing a better 4/6 shot in a long time, doubt either has the ability to finish the other and this will be one of the most boring fights you'll see in a long time similiar to davis v evans

edit, forgot these two fought already...i cant remember it at all

had it in my head this was a three round fight so that explains the price
    if it goes past thee it'll certainly go the distance
    this will be shocking stuff if it goes all the way

So did a trixie of Gallagher, Bader and Sonnen for interest.

:cool:, shame I couldn't combine Mitrione in that but still profit.

Looking forward to studying the card for UFC in Oklahoma.

BJ Penn?!?? surely he can beat Siver!

Siver looked bad at weigh ins and this is a winnable fight for BJ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads BJ is so far gone Gallagher would beat him. He shouldnt have came back at all.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Is Tim Boetch value at 9/5?
    I'm struggling to decide if it is or not. He's a lot bigger than Hendricks, hits hard, good wrestler, a solid pro basically. Does Hendricks even care, is his body just shot?

(

was probably worth a pop at those odds best at 6/4 now
    hendricks should be good enough to beat tim but I wouldn't be backing him
    at odds on saying that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Went for Case, Moroz and Siver :D

5 beans @ 8.5/1

Gone with a 2/1 double of Penn + Tim Means, and a single on Chiesa @ 11/10. Went back and forth for a while on the Chiesa fight, but Chiesa is tough as nails and very crafty, Lee will have to fight an excellent fight to beat him imo

To get in before after timing I have a wee bet on Stansbury to win by sub in the first.

Also a treble of Stansbury, Case, Gordon in the early prelims.

To get in before after timing I have a wee bet on Stansbury to win by sub in the first.

Also a treble of Stansbury, Case, Gordon in the early prelims.

Yep, complete scutter there.

• Advertisement

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma this is a cracking betting card imo

liking the odds on some of these so in order of preference

overeem 5/6(v werdum) was a mismatch the last time these two met, fancy the reem to get it done quite handily and would no doubt be shorter had he not messed up against stipe

nunes 10/11 already beat shevchenko on pts over a year ago...any reason why she's not shorter? that price surely has to be taken

robbie 5/7 I think this is bad match up for cerrone who will be put away if robbie goes after him the same way masvidal did, only possible worry is that he's coming back after a ko

whittaker 10/11 I thought I only had to collect when I backed souza to beat whittaker....could he have been any more impressive?
    I'm thinking a similiar performance will have romero in all kinds of trouble

anyone have any thoughts on any of the above?

Advertisement