Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

mailburner wrote: »
    https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma this is a cracking betting card imo

liking the odds on some of these so in order of preference

overeem 5/6(v werdum) was a mismatch the last time these two met, fancy the reem to get it done quite handily and would no doubt be shorter had he not messed up against stipe

nunes 10/11 already beat shevchenko on pts over a year ago...any reason why she's not shorter? that price surely has to be taken

robbie 5/7 I think this is bad match up for cerrone who will be put away if robbie goes after him the same way masvidal did, only possible worry is that he's coming back after a ko

whittaker 10/11 I thought I only had to collect when I backed souza to beat whittaker....could he have been any more impressive?
    I'm thinking a similiar performance will have romero in all kinds of trouble

anyone have any thoughts on any of the above?

Was nunes Shevchenko 3 rounds the first time ( i think it was) if so id back shevchenko to win rounds 3 4 5 if it goes distance on that last fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Was nunes Shevchenko 3 rounds the first time ( i think it was) if so id back shevchenko to win rounds 3 4 5 if it goes distance on that last fight.

it was three
    I think I need to watch that one again myself

nunes now odds against in a few places whilst valerie 4/5 with most :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dulux99 wrote: »
    Gone with a 2/1 double of Penn + Tim Means, and a single on Chiesa @ 11/10. Went back and forth for a while on the Chiesa fight, but Chiesa is tough as nails and very crafty, Lee will have to fight an excellent fight to beat him imo
    Jaysus I can not pick a winner at the minute

Agreed on the UFC 214 card, tentatively fancy the Lawler / Whittaker double, think Cerrone won't have felt power like Lawler in a long time and Yoel Romero is in his 40's, and Whittaker is improving exponentially at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma this is a cracking betting card imo

liking the odds on some of these so in order of preference

overeem 5/6(v werdum) was a mismatch the last time these two met, fancy the reem to get it done quite handily and would no doubt be shorter had he not messed up against stipe

nunes 10/11 already beat shevchenko on pts over a year ago...any reason why she's not shorter? that price surely has to be taken

robbie 5/7 I think this is bad match up for cerrone who will be put away if robbie goes after him the same way masvidal did, only possible worry is that he's coming back after a ko

whittaker 10/11 I thought I only had to collect when I backed souza to beat whittaker....could he have been any more impressive?
    I'm thinking a similiar performance will have romero in all kinds of trouble

anyone have any thoughts on any of the above?

Agreed on Overeem to beat Werdum as long as the right version turns up and I think he will.

Nunes id also be confident in.

Lawler, not so much his career has been so long and he's taken so much punishment, Cerrone can put people away too. If Robbie is at all tentative he'll lose rounds and hard to know if his heart will still be there. Funny thing is the exact same points are also true of Cerrone so it's one I'll stay away from.

Whittaker and Romero is also one I can't pick a winner in, but I though my Romero would be shorter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Why is Shevchenko the favourite now? Largely 1.8 v 2.0 with most books at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Division wrote: »
    Why is Shevchenko the favourite now? Largely 1.8 v 2.0 with most books at the moment.

Must be money coming in for Shevchenko. To be fair the first fight wasn't a beat down or anything, Nunes had her in trouble in round 2 but Shevchenko came back and won round 3 quite well. The fact that it's a 5 rounder this time might be swaying opinion towards Shevchenko. Both are very tough girls and have good all round games so it's close enough to a 50/50 for me. The only thing making me pick Nunes is her big fight experience, and her confidence must be sky high after finishing Tate and Rousey so quickly.

Huge swing on Whittaker, pretty sure when it was first priced up he was about 6/4, he's into 8/11 now - missed the price, bollox anyway...

Huge swing on Whittaker, pretty sure when it was first priced up he was about 6/4, he's into 8/11 now - missed the price, bollox anyway...

cheers for the heads up, took the 10/11 with betbright there
    I wasn't willing to back him at 4/5 5/6 even

singles on overeem and nunes for me 4/5+evs along with whittaker

gonna do a mov trixie also on those three by ko, works out around 30s last I looked

the only outsiders i'm tempted by is oleynik and mein but it's purely guesswork

• Advertisement

I said earlier in this thread I fancied Whittaker but seeing the shape of Romero at the weigh in and at the open workouts is making me second guess myself, Romero at 11/10 looks like serious value but I can't make my mind up at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lot of support today for Gunnars opponent Ponzinibio dont see why, he will be out striked then strangled as per Gunni's usual, waiting on method of victory markets to come out quite confident in Calvillo strangling Calderwood who is muck, Charlie Ward to be ko'd round 1 is another I will be looking at and Seery on pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All the same picks as me there GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Gamebred wrote: »
    Lot of support today for Gunnars opponent Ponzinibio dont see why, he will be out striked then strangled as per Gunni's usual, waiting on method of victory markets to come out quite confident in Calvillo strangling Calderwood who is muck, Charlie Ward to be ko'd round 1 is another I will be looking at and Seery on pts.

Gunni by Sub 5/4
    Calvillo to win 4/9
    Bofando to win 4/9

3.7/1 with BV

Bofando 2/5
    Calvillio 1/2
    Gunni 4/7

Nothing fancy, pays almost 5/2

Just realised quite a few other people seem to be on this treble!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Calvilio 1.5 on PP, checked her to win by sub/points for extra value, also 1.5 :rolleyes:

liking the 6/4 on felder for what to me looks like a 50/50 fight but I'd be taking a chance on pts at 11/4 given how tough both these are

also liking the calvillo sub along with pantoja pts at 6/5

no love here for ward I see and I don't know much about his opponent here, even though he lost badly last time he was fighting an animal who'd won all his fights up till his most recent one by first round ko
    I respect the fact that all here appear to be going with bofando so I'll swerve that one given there's no value in the ko anyway at odds on

gonna have a small bet on craig pts at 14s in the off chance he can get roundtree down and keep him there, no value in the sub at 11/4 and rountree struggled badly against sanchez in the tuf finale, If he doesn't get him down I'd be thinking he'll be knocked out...can't hurt to have a small stake at the price imo

liking the 6/4 on felder for what to me looks like a 50/50 fight but I'd be taking a chance on pts at 11/4 given how tough both these are

also liking the calvillo sub along with pantoja pts at 6/5

no love here for ward I see and I don't know much about his opponent here, even though he lost badly last time he was fighting an animal who'd won all his fights up till his most recent one by first round ko
    I respect the fact that all here appear to be going with bofando so I'll swerve that one given there's no value in the ko anyway at odds on

gonna have a small bet on craig pts at 14s in the off chance he can get roundtree down and keep him there, no value in the sub at 11/4 and rountree struggled badly against sanchez in the tuf finale, If he doesn't get him down I'd be thinking he'll be knocked out...can't hurt to have a small stake at the price imo

All solid picks but if you have a look at Bofando, he's a serious prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All solid picks but if you have a look at Bofando, he's a serious prospect

It's gas to hear a 35 year old man be called a prospect but I'd have to agree, he's not been in the sport very long and he's improved with each fight judging by the highlights. He should have far too much for Ward here. There should be good value on a second round stoppage.

can't find any markets on fight of the night anywhere for these, if anyone sees anything please post
    It's a market i've been burnt on many time but I do think the ray felder fight has an outstanding chance of getting fotn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's gas to hear a 35 year old man be called a prospect but I'd have to agree, he's not been in the sport very long and he's improved with each fight judging by the highlights. He should have far too much for Ward here. There should be good value on a second round stoppage.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see this being a very similar fight to his last one. I think Bofando is extremely dangerous early. This could be a Round 1 job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Have gone for a Heinz on:

Bofando 1.4
    Patanjo [:(] 1.22
    Bearjew Craig by sub or pts 2.62
    Felder pts 3.4 [think it could go either way so value on him]
    Calvillo by sub/pts 1.61 [PP changed their odds, that was 1.5 yesterday the same price as just a win]
    Gunnar by sub 2.1

Have also all above just backed vanilla in a heinz with no method of victory at reduced odds.

To pass the first few fights I have pennies on a treble ofSmith, Johns and Teymur. All the favs, didn't even look at their records.

good shout on bofando lads, followed with a small bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I hope I'm wrong but I can see this being a very similar fight to his last one. I think Bofando is extremely dangerous early. This could be a Round 1 job.

Right you are. Certainly couldn't have predicted the way it went down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Hopefully its not after timing 1 fight into my accumulator...

Nervous about the Seery fight. Went with the head:
    Galore Bofando
    Seery
    Cynthia Calvillo by Submission
    Gunnar Nelson

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Missed the earlier fights and wasnt gonna stick a bet on at all but said feck it and stuck a few quid on Gunni by Sub in round 2 @8/1 on 365. Lets go Gunni!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Hopefully its not after timing 1 fight into my accumulator...

Nervous about the Seery fight. Went with the head:
    Galore Bofando
    Seery
    Cynthia Calvillo by Submission
    Gunnar Nelson

Feck. Going to back a double of Cynthia Calvillo @ 1.533 and Gunnar Nelson @ 1.533 on BetVictor

Seems Gunni left nearly everyone down last night. Frustrating as he was fighting well and he got over aggressive, which is very unlike him.

Looking towards the weekend I think Patrick Cummins is a solid bet at 8/11, tough as old boots and will stifle Villante to a decision. Villante is good in a brawl but I think Cummins will stick to him like glue. Plan on doubling that up with something else but nothing jumps off the page at me just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Seems Gunni left nearly everyone down last night. Frustrating as he was fighting well and he got over aggressive, which is very unlike him.

Looking towards the weekend I think Patrick Cummins is a solid bet at 8/11, tough as old boots and will stifle Villante to a decision. Villante is good in a brawl but I think Cummins will stick to him like glue. Plan on doubling that up with something else but nothing jumps off the page at me just yet
    Went with the Argentine myself but didn't come off anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Around 2/1 for Kelvin ko the weekend, Weidman is finished chin is gone I reckon from taking hammerings.

Advertisement