Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

well done on the bet, crazy thing to do though
    I hope you have the sense to withdraw most of it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Do the right thing here and chuck that 5k on an acca

mailburner wrote: »
    well done on the bet, crazy thing to do though
    I hope you have the sense to withdraw most of it now

Withdrew 5300 of it.
    Living in NZ at the minute and contemplating a visit to see 214 now. Just no direct flights. Needs more research

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

All on Woodley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

First thought of this week is Robbie Lawler is going to kick the stomach out of Cowboy and ko him in rd 1, wont be greedy will go ko at above 2/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Has robbies chin been broken for good though

If you look at Robbies record, it really isn't that impressive.
    I'm biased as a Cowboy fan but he doesn't lose 2 in a row, has been quietly working away and has better ground game.
    Cowboy by sub 6/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

akelly02 wrote: »
    Has robbies chin been broken for good though

It's not like Cowboy is a power puncher tho

Lawler will maul him

callaway92 wrote: »
    It's not like Cowboy is a power puncher tho

Lawler will maul him

Agree, just hope the old Robbie is still there. The psycho Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd be more concerned about Lawler if he was back too soon - he's been smart, guy was in a few wars as champ & took the time to recover. Cerrone is a game fighter but you can see in some previous fights that he can be overwhelmed by intense fighting - Dos Anjos didn't give him a minute - granted that was at 155 where it could be argued his tank isn't the same from a difficult cut.

Lawler by TKO would be my bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

In high profile fights Cowboy just seems to wilt and not fight as he knows he can. This is going to be one of them I feel. Robbie by TKO I'll be going for as well

I fancy one of either cerrone pts 4/1 or robbie ko 9/4

problem is if cowboy wins the first two robbie will go headhunting in the third so maybe robbie round 3 at 14s might be worth a few euro

I don't think cowboy has the power to put away robbie, has been off for a year which can only be a good move and if its the same robbie who beat condit johnny and rory
    in his previous three then he should make dust of cowboy, goes without saying any of those three wouldn't have a problem with cowboy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Lawler/Cowboy for FoTN? Any price for that? Can't seem to find it on oddschecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

If Robbie Lawler can KO anyone it's definitely cowboy. Cowboy loves eating shots and Robbie has insane TDD so barring a flash head-kick KO from Cowboy I can easily see Robbie getting the KO/TKO here.

Just chucked on an accum:
    Robbie KO 11/5
    Manuwa KO 5/6
    Cyborg KO 1/5
    Woodley KO 5/6
    Jones on Points 6/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Under normal circumstances, I think Robbie beats Cowboy every single time. Cowboy is not top 5 level, always chokes against top-class opponents. But Robbie has been through some wars and how is his chin after Woodley broke him in half. I do think Robbie should win, but wouldn't be surprised if Cowboy just outworked him for 15 mins.

Woodley should keep Maia off him, but if Maia gets a hold of him - it only ends one way.

Logical picks would be:
    Robbie by KO/TKO
    Woodley win
    Jones on points.

But MMA is sometimes far from logical.

My picks would be:

Cowboy by points
    Maia by submission (temped to go for Maia on points, could just ride his back for 25 mins)
    DC by points.

All of those picks are definitely outside bets, but that's just my opinion on what might happen.

DC by decision is massively overpriced at 5/1, hes not winning this by stoppage, Baroa isnt the same anymore but should beat Sterling who cant box eggs will try wrestle **** Renan, Ortega is coming back from a break which is probably why hes underdog but the best triangle in the UFC will wait for sub odds to have a bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Gamebred wrote: »
    DC by decision is massively overpriced at 5/1, hes not winning this by stoppage, Baroa isnt the same anymore but should beat Sterling who cant box eggs will try wrestle **** Renan, Ortega is coming back from a break which is probably why hes underdog but the best triangle in the UFC will wait for sub odds to have a bet.

Indeed, Jones hasn't had a stoppage in over 4 years(4 fights) & didn't look amazing in his last

€10 on

Lawlor pts ( if was a 5 round fight would have went KO)
    cyborg KO
    Maia Sub
    DC Decison

Pays over €700

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

5pt bet on Lawler & Jones double at about 11/10

I'm surprised lamas is the underdog (11/10) against jason knight.
    I thing knight is getting too much credit for his performance against chas kelly and kelly is probably the best fighter he has faced so far whereas lamas has only lost to aldo mendes and holloway in recent years and beaten plenty of good fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Indeed, Jones hasn't had a stoppage in over 4 years(4 fights) & didn't look amazing in his last

He could have stopped Saint Preux but was obviously holding back so wouldn't read much into that. I think there's a possibility he loses a round or two against DC which will make it more likely he'll go for the finish. Personally I can't see past a Jones victory but DC at 5/1 is a very good price.

Some errors on the 888 site that people might be able to take advantage of. Could be more, I wasn't really looking
    47723789_maia.png

You get more for either fighter to win by sub than just Maia
    You also get more for a Maia any finish than Maia by sub

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Gamble time

Bet.png

What makes you fance a tko in the main event? 2 tko's between both of them in 4 years.

yep, I can't see either of them being finished. Two tough as nails mofos

Gamebred wrote: »
    What makes you fancy a tko in the main event? 2 tko's between both of them in 4 years.

I don't think it will go the distance either. Wouldn't rule out a sub though.

I like this bet for an easy 50% profit. Can see the lightheavyweights being cautious in the first round as they know what power each has

47754040_888.png

I'm liking woodley pts at 9/2
    I think this could be a very cagey affair tbh, if maia gets clipped and survives he may try and stand with woodley and it's been a very long time since he was stopped...I do respect the power woodley possesses though

51 fights between them and one ko loss each also so no doubting the chin on these two
    Is woodley the most capable of knocking out maia than all the fighters he has faced so far?
    It might sound crazy but it may well be the case, went five with silva in his prime but that contest was a farce in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

mailburner wrote: »
    I'm liking woodley pts at 9/2
    I think this could be a very cagey affair tbh, if maia gets clipped and survives he may try and stand with woodley and it's been a very long time since he was stopped...I do respect the power woodley possesses though

51 fights between them and one ko loss each also so no doubting the chin on these two
    Is woodley the most capable of knocking out maia than all the fighters he has faced so far?
    It might sound crazy but it may well be the case, went five with silva in his prime but that contest was a farce in fairness.

Heyyyyyyoooooohh

I'm gonna do Maia by sub/pts . Think woodley will be taken down and either subbed, or just trapped

D.Q wrote: »
    Heyyyyyyoooooohh

I'm gonna do Maia by sub/pts . Think woodley will be taken down and either subbed, or just trapped

some here feel very strongly about this, I think he'll do well to get woodley down at all (once maybe)
    I want to be wrong so badly but I feel awful confident about this.

• Advertisement

mailburner;104210915I'm liking woodley pts at 9/2
    Other than Marquardt who knocked Maia out I'd probably say yes. At least in the UFC. Demian does have a great chin but I could see Woodley putting him on queer street with one of his big shots and then following up to finish at some stage over the 5 rounds. 

Woodley on pts is interesting. Could definitely happen if Woodley's TDD is on point and he keeps his distance possibly leading to lots of inactivity (flashbacks to Woodley/Wonderboy 2). However I'd see Maia more likely to win on points than Woodley, could just be 5 rounds of Woodley resisting a BJJ onslaught like the Masdival fight.

Advertisement