Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm sure this has been discussed but who is giving the best odds on mcgregor/mayweather fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been discussed but who is giving the best odds on mcgregor/mayweather fight?

Prob best off just using Oddschecker.

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/floyd-mayweather-jr-v-conor-mcgregor/winner?selectionName=conor-mcgregor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McGregor is now as short as 3/1 with Paddy Power, one of the worst priced bets actually the worst I've ever seen, I of course give him some sort of longshot chance but that is a some piss take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gamebred wrote: »
    McGregor is now as short as 3/1 with Paddy Power, one of the worst priced bets actually the worst I've ever seen, I of course give him some sort of longshot chance but that is a some piss take.

How much closer do you think the betting will get?
    I'm thinking Floyd could get to 2/7 now, maybe a slim chance 1/3. It's already the biggest value you'll see but it's getting insane

Fromvert wrote: »
    How much closer do you think the betting will get?
    I'm thinking Floyd could get to 2/7 now, maybe a slim chance 1/3. It's already the biggest value you'll see but it's getting insane

I think he hits 1/3 after the weigh in possibly, the public flood of money backing their guy to do the impossible its incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gamebred wrote: »
    I think he hits 1/3 after the weigh in possibly, the public flood of money backing their guy to do the impossible its incredible.

I'm thinking of betting on Mayweather (and I'm not normally a betting man) but I really want to cheer McGregor on on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

McG side to throw in the towel at 34/1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    McG side to throw in the towel at 34/1....

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

D.Q wrote: »
    Where?

In the ring, duh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm thinking of betting on Mayweather (and I'm not normally a betting man) but I really want to cheer McGregor on on the night.

No reason you can't do both. I'd often back fighters to win even though I rather see the other guy win.
    Think of it as a consolation prize

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

D.Q wrote: »
    Where?

Bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

McGregor heading toward 3/1 now.

Anyone else feel like the hysteria and hype that's being drummed up is just feeding off of itself at this stage?

Seems like a no-brainer to lump big on Mayweather now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm thinking the value is floyd on pts at 3/1 when the ko is only 8/11, I think maybe mac can take him the distance and only one winner if that happens.

value is completely gone on mac but jesus it's surely heart ruling the head if you're backing conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

McGregor heading toward 3/1 now.

Anyone else feel like the hysteria and hype that's being drummed up is just feeding off of itself at this stage?

Seems like a no-brainer to lump big on Mayweather now

It's an aboslute farce. McGregor will be humiliated.....if he isn't, it's a fix imo. He's not a boxer, in fact he's a failed boxer.

10/3 against possible the greatest defensive boxer in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tilikum wrote: »
    It's an aboslute farce. McGregor will be humiliated.....if he isn't, it's a fix imo. He's not a boxer, in fact he's a failed boxer.

10/3 against possible the greatest defensive boxer in history.

He's even said himself he can't beat Mayweather in a boxing match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Two bets I put on in April ...

conor_bet.png

Cant wait for tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Two bets I put on in April ...

d8f83.jpg

Cant wait for tonight :)

That's very good, but it's not as good as was what it was back in February via W'Hill @10 (9/1), to win in any round/method.
    Naturally some additional offsetting has taken place since. 4/1 now, is very funny.

Predicting either R4 CMcG, or R6-7 FM.

15feb-willhill.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Before I make a fool of myself emailing betway...

I bet a fiver @ 16/1 for McGregor to win the first round, which he did. But it says I lost.

Looking at my screenshot (it won't let me read the full terms like it did previously, where I'm sure it said it was to just win the first round), did I accidentally bet for him to win the whole match in the first round? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Before I make a fool of myself emailing betway...

I bet a fiver @ 16/1 for McGregor to win the first round, which he did. But it says I lost.

Looking at my screenshot (it won't let me read the full terms like it did previously, where I'm sure it said it was to just win the first round), did I accidentally bet for him to win the whole match in the first round? :pac:

Ya, the bet you didn't wasn't to 'Win Round 1' I'm afraid. It was to win the fight IN Round 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ya, the bet you didn't wasn't to 'Win Round 1' I'm afraid. It was to win the fight IN Round 1

I thought the odds were too good :pac:

• Advertisement

really regret not taking a late win for floyd now, rounds 10-12 was 9/1 on friday night, was obvious bout the halfway stage it wasn't go go the full 12. (5/1 rounds 9-12)

floyd was 2/5 on pp after two rounds, am sure some filled their boots on that one, was 22s to win in round 10.
    great day for the bookies with so many patriotic bets, crazy the price floyd was from when the prices first came out.

thank god it's over and we can get back to the proper stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

UFC Rotterdam, suggestions for main event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Melendez
    Pedro
    Dos Anjos

5pt treble tonight. Pays just less than 5/1.

Nunes for me at 11/10
    Don't see her as an underdog so a no brainer imo

Double of cejudo rds at slightly under evens

Don't rate reis, be surprised if rds has declined that much either.

Cejudo Melendez rds all on pts at 11/1 worth a go, no doubt one will fail (rds my guess)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McMann
    Dos Anjos
    Nunes

€10 straight win treble. A little over 3/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pedro sub,
    Cejudo pts,
    Nunes/Shev over 1.5 rounds (either on pts)
    Magny pts
    Accumulator (with 3 folds)

Pedro(1.5)/McMann(2.5)/Magny(2.5)/Cejudo(2.5)/Nunes(2.5)
    Accum on Total rounds "OVERS",
    Rounds in brackets

Winner doesn't matter in the second. Just listing one fighter for convience

Rockhold ko, Aubin-Mercier by decision my 2 tonight.

any reason not to lump on smith, a fighter on the up v a fighter on the decline in lombard? If he survives the first and I think he will it'll be plain sailing imo.
    I'M liking the 4/5 but tempted by the ko at 2/1 also.

also torn between mercier sub at 4s and mercier pts 21/10 if he does manage to win of course.
    The 8 wins by sub v 1 be dec has me thinking the 4s is worth a pop, martin has quite a few sub wins also but I seriously doubt he'll be subbing mercier.

I can't see a whole lot else worth betting on

edit, went with the ko at 2s and the sub at 4s

• Advertisement

In the boxing I think Canelo is getting a fixed decision if it goes the distance and is half competitive 7/2 by dec isnt bad.

Advertisement