Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

all in on covington at 1.85 :pac:

think he struggles to get covington down, I see something very similiar to maia woodley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Gone for this for this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

mailburner wrote: »

think he struggles to get covington down, I see something very similiar to maia woodley.

I actually think Maia is a cracking price at 11/8, Woodley is the worst possible match up for Maia, and even though the fight was horrendous, Woodley showed great technique in avoiding the takedowns and winning the (limited) striking exchange. Covington has good wrestling but he only wins fights by mushing people into the ground, I can't see that working against Maia. Also Maia is way bigger than Covington. And last but not least Covington is a knob :D

dulux99 wrote: »
    I actually think Maia is a cracking price at 11/8, Woodley is the worst possible match up for Maia, and even though the fight was horrendous, Woodley showed great technique in avoiding the takedowns and winning the (limited) striking exchange. Covington has good wrestling but he only wins fights by mushing people into the ground, I can't see that working against Maia. Also Maia is way bigger than Covington. And last but not least Covington is a knob :D

Its easy to forget Covington hasn't beaten anyone of note either so maybe maia is overpriced.
    I think Covington wins especially if it stays standing which I think it will.
    I still remember lumping on maia in Brazil when he failed to beat Jake shields, still wonder did maia have an off day then lol

I will say this though....I'd never be happier losing money than losing it on this one

Badly missed the price on my own fancy here, maia was 11/8 the other day, evens in most places now. Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looking ahead to next week and I'm very surprised Bisping is an underdog vs GSP.

I think Bisping has good enough TDD to keep GSP from taking him down at will, and he has a big advantage on the feet. Also, factoring in that GSP has been away for four years, is fighting in a heavier weight class, and lets be honest, lost to Hendricks in his last fight (16 out of 16 media members per MMA Decisions also agreed), and I feel Bisping should be favourite here. I'm backing Bisping at 6/5 and feel that price will shorten by the time he walks to the octagon as I could see the big hitters lumping on come fight night.

Garbrandt vs Dillashaw is very hard to call, but I note that Cody has gone into an 8/11 favourite with Dillashaw gone out as far as 7/5 (Marathon Bet). It's the definition of a 50-50 fight IMO but with Dillashaw going out to that price I see value in TJ and will be having a punt on him.

mailburner wrote: »

You were spot on lad fair play

Odds for 217 are all out now. Some surprising early underdogs.
    Loving Oleynik at 4.00 with his submission record

Found a new stats site i like if anyone's interested. Not a fan of sherdog these days
    http://www.mmaformguide.com/bispingvsgsp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Found a bet slip in my wallet that I don't remember making - it's from a betting terminal in the pub :D
    Under/Overs on 3 fights.

Pretty sure it came in. Will have to confirm but I'll be reinvesting in under/overs this weekend. Thoughts?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mellor wrote: »
    Found a bet slip in my wallet that I don't remember making - it's from a betting terminal in the pub :D
    Under/Overs on 3 fights.

Pretty sure it came in. Will have to confirm but I'll be reinvesting in under/overs this weekend. Thoughts?

Get absolutely shítfaced and let drunk you decide again. It worked the last time.

• Advertisement

Get absolutely shítfaced and let drunk you decide again. It worked the last time.
    That's the worrying thing, it was during the day, I'm not sure that I was even drinking. I just don't remember placing it.

Getting razzed does sound like the option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Surprised Dillashaw and Bisping are underdogs. Gonna pop a double on them because I think they are decent value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah I popped an accum on all main card fights favouring mostly underdogs, 20e on 341e return

Borrachnia
    Masdival
    Joanna
    TJ
    Bisping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

Does anybody know much about Borrachinha? I think Hendricks has been a shadow of himself with only 2 wins in the last 3 years and see some value in backing the underdog but I don't know enough about his opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

TJ and Bisping are big value as underdogs in this. Also can't see past Joanna ko.

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Does anybody know much about Borrachinha? I think Hendricks has been a shadow of himself with only 2 wins in the last 3 years and see some value in backing the underdog but I don't know enough about his opponent.
    He's a bit of a beast. Jacked to bits for MW. Throws bombs, but throws them pretty well not just haymakers.
    He's not the underdog here iirc.
    Typical fight goes like this

I think he stops Johnny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

weemcd wrote: »
    Also can't see past Joanna ko.

She hasn't gotten a TKO since 5 fights ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

Mellor wrote: »
    He's a bit of a beast. Jacked to bits for MW. Throws bombs, but throws them pretty well not just haymakers.
    He's not the underdog here iirc.

https://oddshot.tv/s/GWqca5

I think he stops Johnny

Just checked the odds and your'e right he's 4/11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

srfc d16 wrote: »

Hendricks is underdog you know that yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I may be insane for thinking this but I'd have a small punt on Hendricks at 9/4 tbh
    Borrachinha has been blowing out nobodies, Hendricks is sliding and looking shot but he's been losing to guys who are solid established fighters (Boetsch) to high level (Wonderboy).
    If Hendricks goes for a straight up grinding style and avoids slugging it out he has a good chance. Get Borrachinha into the third and I'd like to see how that gas tank looks. Maybe Jackson/Wink can squeeze one last win out of Johny.

The near 11/1 treble of Bisping/Masvidal/TJ will be punted.

Vick also a very live underdog at 11/8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Paddy Power have an enhanced treble for 7/2 (4.5):
    Bisping
    Garbrant
    Joanna

Was gonna bet on that anyway, so it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Oleyink at 5/1 for the sub win.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Zahabi, Oliynyk, Gall, OSP, Duffy, Rose, TJ, Bisping.

5 euro returns 8k

In addition to my U/O bet above. I went with Borachinnha by KO, Duffy Pts, Joanna Pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Cody ko and bisping decision, €20 pays €200

like the 19/20 on gsp myself to took that

tj pts only way he wins this for me

thomson pts
    gall sub 5/2 skyb

nice accum there at big odds (did gsp pts for the acca tho)
    added oleinik also for bigger odds :D

am also on oleinik by sub at 5s, big price for a lad with 45 subs, blaydes probably better but the longer it goes the better this will look, oleinik very tough
    also took him to sub in round two at 14s and round three at 25s with pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

al87987 wrote: »
    Oleyink at 5/1 for the sub win.

I'm going in on Oleynik by sub too for interest. Half the forum will be on him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

selassie wrote: »
    Zahabi, Oliynyk, Gall, OSP, Duffy, Rose, TJ, Bisping.

5 euro returns 8k
    Well if you're gonna lose on the first fight a spinning elbow knock out isn't a bad way to do it.

My main bet tonight is Brown (1/4) Poirier (5/6) double. I genuinely believe poirier is one of the best in the division. Also did a quad of Northcutt, lauzon, brown and poirier - pays about 6/1. It's a deceptively good card, especially for a few bets

Hopefully recoup some of my losses from last weekend which I'm glad I didn't post about at the time! A complete horror show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

My main bet tonight is Brown (1/4) Poirier (5/6) double. I genuinely believe poirier is one of the best in the division. Also did a quad of Northcutt, lauzon, brown and poirier - pays about 6/1. It's a deceptively good card, especially for a few bets

Hopefully recoup some of my losses from last weekend which I'm glad I didn't post about at the time! A complete horror show

Solid picks there

Advertisement