Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

dulux99 wrote: »
    My main bet tonight is Brown (1/4) Poirier (5/6) double. I genuinely believe poirier is one of the best in the division. Also did a quad of Northcutt, lauzon, brown and poirier - pays about 6/1. It's a deceptively good card, especially for a few bets

Hopefully recoup some of my losses from last weekend which I'm glad I didn't post about at the time! A complete horror show

Poirier could be champion if his chin wasn't made of glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Hill by KO
    Dodson by decision
    Ferreria by KO
    Albini by KO

€10 acca to win €714.15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd agree generally, but it's not just the glass jaw that's the problem. He seems to panic when he gets hit, doesn't trust his recovery. I think a big part of it is psychological with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

No he wouldnt, hes a decent brawler thats about it has no real elite wrestling sub or boxing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dulux99 wrote: »
    My main bet tonight is Brown (1/4) Poirier (5/6) double. I genuinely believe poirier is one of the best in the division. Also did a quad of Northcutt, lauzon, brown and poirier - pays about 6/1. It's a deceptively good card, especially for a few bets

Hopefully recoup some of my losses from last weekend which I'm glad I didn't post about at the time! A complete horror show

Hit the post with the quad but the double came in thankfully. Great scrap between Poirier and pettis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

one standout price for me tomorrow night is werdum to win by sub or pts at 8/11 bet365
    pp are 1/2 and skybet 2/5 for same.
    I really feel werdum should be beating tybura handy enough and think a ko is the only way tybura can win this but werdum is usually very sneaky when faced with elite strikers and I don't think tybura falls into that bracket just yet either.

I'm thinking lentz might be worth a bet at 9/2 also, not because I fancy him but I just think that price is just a little too big, brooks has been very disappointing since coming into the ufc and even though this might be his type of fight I'd find it hard to back him with real confidence.
    I thing it's gotta be worth a crack for a small stake.

wouldn't mind seeing bec rawlings having her ass handed to her either but haven't seen her opponent fight yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mailburner wrote: »
    wouldn't mind seeing bec rawlings having her ass handed to her either but haven't seen her opponent fight yet.

Her opponent is a friend of mine.
    Will want to beat her standing, but if it goes down Jess has the advantage.
    Only spanner is that she's on short notice

Mellor wrote: »
    Her opponent is a friend of mine.
    Will want to beat her standing, but if it goes down Jess has the advantage.
    Only spanner is that she's on short notice

wasn't aware it was short notice, will swerve for betting purposes and just hope she beats the snot out of rawlings.

wasn't aware it was short notice, will swerve for betting purposes and just hope she beats the snot out of rawlings.
    Was supposed to be Jojo Calderwood. Who pulled out. Jess wasn't even signed by the UFC, last week she was in Vegas training for an Invicta fight. Nobody else would have gotten a visa in time, so she got the call.

Backed Jessy by Sub at 10-1

• Advertisement

one standout price for me tomorrow night is werdum to win by sub or pts at 8/11 bet365
    pp are 1/2 and skybet 2/5 for same.
    I really feel werdum should be beating tybura handy enough and think a ko is the only way tybura can win this but werdum is usually very sneaky when faced with elite strikers and I don't think tybura falls into that bracket just yet either.

I'm thinking lentz might be worth a bet at 9/2 also, not because I fancy him but I just think that price is just a little too big, brooks has been very disappointing since coming into the ufc and even though this might be his type of fight I'd find it hard to back him with real confidence.
    I thing it's gotta be worth a crack for a small stake.

good day at the office, lentz win was sweet :)

How is everyone gambling on Bisping v Gastelum?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

How is everyone gambling on Bisping v Gastelum?

I have Gastelum by ko

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I have Gastelum by ko

You think a 170 pounder will KO Bisping?

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I have Gastelum by ko

You think a 170 pounder will KO Bisping?

I think his punching is sharp and I think bispings chin will be fragile from GSP.

Bisping is durable but he gets hit a lot. Hendo managed to catch him loads of times and he was so slow. Gastelum has very fast hands. Though Weidman did completely neutralize that.. We'll see.

Very hard fight to call, if both had a full training camp I'd take Bisping all day. Much bigger guy and can go for days whereas KG can slow down. But you can't ignore that bisping was in a really tough fight only 3 weeks ago. Probably will avoid.

Anyone betting on Zabit fight and if so what you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Bisping SW @3.25 and over 2.5 rounds @ 1.925 both small
    The value in this one is too good to skip. Bisping have better cardio in my opinion and is great in rounds 4 and 5. If this was i 3 round fight i would not pick Bisping. Gastelum is probably going to start strong and then fade and then i hope Bisping takes over. Both fighter have Ko power so overs is small but fell like this is going to be slow fight and going to dec or finish in later rounds.

I was very confident of sarj beating nico in the tuf finale last night but now that sarj is out roxy gets the shot and is 7/4 to beat nico
    I know nico is tough and all that but I don't understand how roxy can be that big a price other than the fact she was a late replacement.
    Maybe the fact that its five round might suit nico late on and maybe she might break roxy in the latter rounds...I don't know

I think honchak will have no problem beating lauren murphy but only 4/9, maybe the double of her and ostovich at 1.8 might be worth it but I don't know ostovichs opponent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thinking of throwing an acca on:

Ngannou KO
    Gaethje KO
    Cejudo
    Max

I dont' trust Overeems chin though I do love the guy, I reckon Gaethje will close off space and pressure Alvarez like McGregor and it won't suit him. Cejudo looked very impressive in his last fight & even though I reckon Aldo will do better than last time out against Max, I think he's taken it on short enough notice and Max will have too much over 5 rounds - decision or 4/5 round finish for Max.

• Advertisement

Ngannou is a cert for me. Or as much of a cert as a cert can be in the heavyweight division.

Only having one bet tonight - Ngannou Torres and Cejudo. Unfortunately can't stay up to watch this one but in confident in those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

My gut tells me Ngannou and Max are both very short at 1.33 on PP, will scan the form now though. Didn't realise that Overeem was such a big fan of getting knocked out, 10 from 59 fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Such a tough fight to call. If ngannou connects I don't think overeems chin can take it. But overeem is so skilled he could point his way to a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Did a low stakes Goliath, included Aldo on pts at 6.0. That's a brilliant price, he won the first 2 rounds last time IMO b4 getting Ko'd.

so far I'm thinking these but haven't pulled the trigger, any thoughts appreciated.

main bet would be max ko 11/10
    I don't see aldo being able to stay with max for five round at the pace max is gonna push it,same as first time for me

ngannou round one 12/5 as all the bookies bar two are around 5/4 on this one I think this represents a bit of value (lads/coral)
    I am worried that overeem might sneak into the second round though so a small bet to cover my stake on round two at 5/1

al hassan round one 12/5 only knows one way to fight and thats coming forward throwing bombs, met a very tough russian last time out iirc, now faces a lad whos been knocked out 3 times in his career, saver on round two at 4/1.

cowboy ko 21/10 I don't rate medeiros and cowboy has heavy hands.

combined odds of 55 with coral

outside of that a small one on justin round three and eddie pts at 12s+4s last I looked.

cejudo too short for my liking as is torres

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

A few for fun

Ngannou KO in rd2
    Max by sub

Aldo pts/Reem sub double

Obvious can't win them both. But thing those 4 were overpriced

Aldo by KO 30 quid on it

• Advertisement

so far I'm thinking these but haven't pulled the trigger, any thoughts appreciated.

main bet would be max ko 11/10 :)
    I don't see aldo being able to stay with max for five round at the pace max is gonna push it,same as first time for me

ngannou round one 12/5 :) as all the bookies bar two are around 5/4 on this one I think this represents a bit of value (lads/coral)
    I am worried that overeem might sneak into the second round though so a small bet to cover my stake on round two at 5/1

al hassan round one 12/5 :) only knows one way to fight and thats coming forward throwing bombs, met a very tough russian last time out iirc, now faces a lad whos been knocked out 3 times in his career, saver on round two at 4/1.

cowboy ko 21/10 :( I don't rate medeiros and cowboy has heavy hands.

combined odds of 55 with coral :(:(:(:(:(

outside of that a small one on justin round three and eddie pts at 12s+4s last I looked.

cejudo too short for my liking as is torres

great night but feck you yancy medeiros

Advertisement