Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yancy and Gaetjhe wrecked my night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ngannou is a cert for me. Or as much of a cert as a cert can be in the heavyweight division.

Only having one bet tonight - Ngannou Torres and Cejudo. Unfortunately can't stay up to watch this one but in confident in those three.

Solid night, three dominant wins

Did anyone back Gaethje vs Alvarez to be FOTN? I saw PP had it priced at 2/1 and that looked to be a good bet but it slipped my mind. I saw UFC gave two FOTN awards - I assume PP applied the dead heat rules to it? Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had a double on Ngannou in the First & Max in the 4th....got 26/1 on it....Never called for a fight not to be stopped with a guy taking that much of a beating before. Genuinely felt bad for Aldo after seeing the head on him after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I like ortega tonight and have taken 9/10 on him
    I think he's an improving fighter who just has more ways to win this.

tempted by sub at 5/2 also but given his last three wins have been in round
    three ive taken ortega round three at 11/1 and ortega rounds 3-4 at 15/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

mailburner wrote: »

Yes Ortega sub for me! Best chance to finish Swanson

Have you watched Ortegas last two fights? If I recall correctly (Could be wrong?) he pulled off two very late (kinda lucky) wins, against opponents much lower standard than Cub.

Have you watched Ortegas last two fights? If I recall correctly (Could be wrong?) he pulled off two very late (kinda lucky) wins, against opponents much lower standard than Cub.

Cub usually falls short against top guys, Ortega is just one I have a good feeling about, think he's underrated and tonight is his time to shine.
    Most of the experts are picking swanson and they know a hell of a lot more bout mma than I do.
    Just gotta go with your gut at times ;)
    You should back swanson though and yes I saw his last 4/5 fights.

Cub usually falls short against top guys, Ortega is just one I have a good feeling about, think he's underrated and tonight is his time to shine.
    Most of the experts are picking swanson and they know a hell of a lot more bout mma than I do.

I wasn't 100% sure if I was correct about how he ended the fights or not (A lot of fights blend together because I watch so many). I want Ortega to win but I expect Swanson to win, I hope you are right......... I am not betting at all tonight (Minus 20 quid on Luke Sanders to win via a finish)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I got drunk and put 25 on Ortega via KO :pac:

feck it, profit but a round too early :pac:

battle of the chins tomorrow night and I thing perry has a stronger one so
    perry at 13/8 for me with small bets on round one 5/1 and round two 8/1

I honestly thought he might have been a slight favourite for this but am thinking the explosive ko of gunni might be a factor here.

I can't call the main at all or the tex cirkunov fight, lamas should win handy given it's a huge step up in class for his opponent but odds reflect this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

10er on Ruthless by ko, I think he's too tall and too long for RDA and will find that chin eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

No thread up yet but I see Ngannou is 1.5 on PP, with Stipe 2.5.

I suspected Ngannou would be short, and yes he is a monster but I think Stipe is underrated. He doesn't have the chiseled body, in fact I think he is verging on Dad bod, but he has great KO power as seen in his recent record. Of course Ngannou could spark him immediately but it could easily go the other way. 2.5 is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Gone with a double of Perry by KO and RDA by KO @ 12/1 .

battle of the chins tomorrow night and I thing perry has a stronger one so
    perry at 13/8 for me with small bets on round one 5/1 and round two 8/1

I honestly thought he might have been a slight favourite for this but am thinking the explosive ko of gunni might be a factor here.

I can't call the main at all or the tex cirkunov fight, lamas should win handy given it's a huge step up in class for his opponent but odds reflect this.

ponzinibbio has some chin on him
    it's crazy the amount of punishment those two took there

tinpib wrote: »
    No thread up yet but I see Ngannou is 1.5 on PP, with Stipe 2.5.

I suspected Ngannou would be short, and yes he is a monster but I think Stipe is underrated. He doesn't have the chiseled body, in fact I think he is verging on Dad bod, but he has great KO power as seen in his recent record. Of course Ngannou could spark him immediately but it could easily go the other way. 2.5 is great value.

8/13 best on ngannou which looks about right to me.
    when the reem came so close to finishing stipe I fear for stipe here.
    if he could get into the latter rounds it could be a different story though but thats a bit if imo.
    I think only cain at his best might be able to test him if he ever does get back to his best.
    It's a shame cormier isn't fighting hw as could be the one to test ngannou.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

I can't agree with the above to be honest, I'd have Miocic favourite and I will probably lump on him closer to the fight. As good as Ngannou has looked, I feel Miocic is one of the best to ever do it. His last few fights he's shown great fight IQ, he's good at everything, and he's been through wars.

There's a bit of a hype train with Ngannou at the moment, but his only noteworthy wins are Arlovski and Overeem. Arlovski has since proved to be a shadow of his former self, and as good as the Overeem win was, I think he exposed himself.

I've thought since the Hunt fight that Miocic could become one of the greats, but he's even surpassed all of my expectations.

Not sure how I feel it will go down, finish or decision, but I make Miocic the favourite here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Barboza might be a good underdog, although he's shorted to about 2/1 (I believe he was about 3/1 opening!). I get that Khabib can maul him once he grabs hold, but there's a chance that Barboza cracks him and gets him wobbly. Michael Johnson caused him trouble early in R1, and Edson should provide more resistance should it go to the ground. MJ was always a terrible defensive grappler. Even that Horcher guy was outstriking him from range early on and lasted to midway through R2.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws a bit, but the KO line in particular might be interesting. Or if Barb drifts a bit more.

• Advertisement

there's been nothing on oddschecker for weeks, been waiting for a price on barbosa myself also
    I see 15/8 on pp...as for oddsc..what a piece of sh1t that site is at times

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma

I think if barbosa stays on his feet for the first round he could ko khabib

I think holly is overpriced at 3s myself, by far the best cyborg will have faced and a match for most standing, wondering if cyborg will be able to go five if she needs to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Agree, be a shock to Cyborg not fighting a punch bag for once.

I don't give Holm any chance in that fight tbh. How many fighters has she really out struck? Rousey and Correira. Two terrible stand up fighters. I fancy Cyborg to batter her.

*I also fancied said the same about Rousey when Rousey fought Holm and we all know how that went!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Holly's striking isn't as good as the hype machine makes out.
    But neither is Cyborgs. she could barley last with Evinger. Holly is at least as tough as Evinger and will be punching back.
    Holly to squeek a decision looks like a decent bet imo

there's been nothing on oddschecker for weeks, been waiting for a price on barbosa myself also
    I see 15/8 on pp...as for oddsc..what a piece of sh1t that site is at times

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma

I think if barbosa stays on his feet for the first round he could ko khabib

finally odds are up
    will definitely be taking the 5/2 on barb, guessing the ko should be around 9/2 or 5/1 whenever odds are up on it.

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/khabib-nurmagomedov-v-edson-barboza/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

darced wrote: »
    I think Barbs only chance is a head kick knockout. His boxing is poor enough and his powers not great so I think Khabib can hang there with him. If he kicks he is getting taken down and his heart is suspect so it's Khabib TKO for me.

Holm is the same, not enough power in her punches to dissuade Cyborg and her grappling is poor once it hits the mat. Cyborg by sub I reckon or Holm might survive if she can stop the takedown.

Barbosa probably has the crispest boxing in the division - not sure how you came to the conclusion that his boxing is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

If Barboza's boxing is poor, then I don't have a word to describe Khabib's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Barboza is straight out of the Rio school of boxing. Wild shots and hands dropping during combos. That's not good boxing. It's just a distraction to set up the kicks.

That said if he can chop the legs off Khabib early, he takes away the takedowns.

Advertisement