Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

Personally, I don't think any of the pre-July 2015 stats mean anything now with the changes to the weigh in times/procedures, hence the knowingly smaller group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Well lads I’m in Midtown Manhattan is there any bricks and mortar betting shops to bet on ufc soccer etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Knackers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He'll probably win but it's mad to see Kamaru Usman as a 1/7 favourite tonight. That's a massive favourite. Mighty Mouse territory.

Just having the one bet tonight - James krause / Michael Johnson double. MJs first time dropping weight but should still get the job done. Elkins is decent but nothing special

• Advertisement

How the f*ck did MJ lose that fight. He was totally in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

dulux99 wrote: »

That's Elkins MO, numerous opponents have comfortably beat him in the 1st round and even after that, but the guy wears damage like nobody else and has an insane ability to keep going whilst his opponents fatigue. His comeback against Bektic was probably the most impressive comeback I've seen inside the octagon.

He is the Homer Simpson of the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I backed him to win on pts lol, never again unless it's a lad with a glass chin he's facing.

If fights were one round only mj would be champ or close
    can't handle tough durable guys at all once it goes past the first be it elkins, gaethje, diaz

makes you wonder how he beat ferguson even if it was back in 2012

I think I'm starting to lean towards two new champs this weekend. DC is 39 now, is doing more and more media/commentary duties and must surely slow down soon. He got sparked by Jones only 6 months ago. I'm just starting to think he may underestimate Ozedimir a bit.

With regards to Ngannou, I've been in two minds about this for a while. I've gone and watched back the Overeem and JDS 2 fights, and both of those guys landed alot on Miocic. Overeem with punches and JDS with kicks. Granted Stipe ended up ko'ng both those guys but if Ngannou lands then he may not get a chance to recover.

I think lima at almost 2/1 is a tad big to beat rory
    I think standing there'll be little between the two of them and I think it might
    be a stand up battle
    it's 1.85 to go the distance, fancy that also as I think they may well cancel each other out, I do hate taking that particular bet for a five rounder though.

been in my head to do the ngannou cormier double for a long time, not worried about ngannou at all, if he lands that'll be the end for miocic
    I think cormier will beat oze if he tries to wear him out, i've lost money backing ozedimir so am wary of opposing him again so if it stays standing then it might be a good time to get cormier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mellor wrote: »
    Jessy was also fighting on a weeks notice last time and had to fly to Australia while she was cutting. The Rawlings fight was nowhere near a split either.

Jessy by sub is value for me

Didn't go my way, but happy that the 11/1 shot was the value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Taking a punt on old man Tibau on Saturday at 10/3 for the decision.

Coming off a two year ban but he's a very good grappler, was able to push Khabib 5.5 years back. His fights are always a grind so won't be put off by Makhechev's style and if he hasn't lost too much over the two years off I think this could be a tight decision either way. If he has lost a couple a steps he could get controlled for the three rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Just did this for the craic

smilerf wrote: »
    Just did this for the craic

I like those Oezdemir odds. Even though I think DC will win, round 1 is Oezdemirs best shot. After his first ever KO, maybe he can't take the same shots.
    Ngannou Rd 2 and 3 KOs are pretty big odds too. 8.00 and 15.00 respectively
    Fromvert wrote: »
    Taking a punt on old man Tibau on Saturday at 10/3 for the decision.

Coming off a two year ban but he's a very good grappler, was able to push Khabib 5.5 years back. His fights are always a grind so won't be put off by Makhechev's style and if he hasn't lost too much over the two years off I think this could be a tight decision either way. If he has lost a couple a steps he could get controlled for the three rounds.

I think i'll go +2.5 rounds for this. I like this site for the stance stats - http://www.mmaformguide.com/makhachev-vs-tibau/
    Tibau is 7-5 against Southpaws and with Makhachev training with Khabib (and learning from the previous fight) i'd slightly favour him. Hard to know how these bans will affect them

I've chickened away from cormier given his short odds and just gone with the ngannou ko/tko on betfair at 1.89

The biggest mma i've ever done was a few years back (jones and mighty mouse double)
    I've done that same bet here so put my money where my mouth is.
    I may as well say I'm totally convinced by ngannou and full expect him to get it done in round one or two.
    It'll hurt a bit if I'm wrong...

smaller bets on lima pts at 5/1 and lima win 2/1 as I think it's a bit of value and a daft treble of lima/rory to go the distance/ngannou round one/al hassan round one 12/1
    got lucky on al hassan round one last time out (owe herb dean a pint) and homasi looks tough so not confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Serious value in Miocic round 1 win at 11/2 i think. It's who lands first will win this one. Want a Ngannou win mind but those are serious odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Gone for Oezdmeir and Stipe both by KO, singles. Think there is great value for Stipe, though I will be happy if Ngannou knocks his block off too.

mailburner wrote: »
    I've chickened away from cormier given his short odds and just gone with the ngannou ko/tko on betfair at 1.89

The biggest mma i've ever done was a few years back (jones and mighty mouse double)
    I've done that same bet here so put my money where my mouth is.
    I may as well say I'm totally convinced by ngannou and full expect him to get it done in round one or two.
    It'll hurt a bit if I'm wrong...

smaller bets on lima pts at 5/1 and lima win 2/1 as I think it's a bit of value and a daft treble of lima/rory to go the distance/ngannou round one/al hassan round one 12/1
    got lucky on al hassan round one last time out (owe herb dean a pint) and homasi looks tough so not confident.

I underestimated miocic same as ngannou did, won't have a worse day betting this year on mma :(
    Lima gave it a good go, odds were good but lima just wasn't quite up to the task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Tim Means
    Valentina by decision
    Eryk Anders by KO

5/1 BV

If machida beats anders at odds of over 2/1 and I wasnt on I'd be kinda upset but how can ya back machida now?

gonna back smith at 12/5
    he's a warrior and santos might struggle late on if he doesnt get
    an early finish

chancing alcantara sub at 13/2 because he has 14 sub wins...lost his last two.
    this is in brazil, think he will try not to lose and will do sweet damn all else but try to take soto down and sub him, points a worry though.
    I'm a bit surprised he's the underdog here although he let me down for a nice touch when he lost v kelleher (who I completely overlooked)

• Advertisement

If machida beats anders at odds of over 2/1 and I wasnt on I'd be kinda upset but how can ya back machida now?

gonna back smith at 12/5
    he's a warrior and santos might struggle late on if he doesnt get
    an early finish

chancing alcantara sub at 13/2 because he has 14 sub wins...lost his last two.
    this is in brazil, think he will try not to lose and will do sweet damn all else but try to take soto down and sub him, points a worry though.
    I'm a bit surprised he's the underdog here although he let me down for a nice touch when he lost v kelleher (who I completely overlooked)

Wished I'd backed machida, price was a bit big but I just couldn't pull the trigger
    A few underdogs were nicely priced like alcantara and moraes
    Smith found Santos just too hot to handle

Matt Mitrione is 8/15 to beat Nelson. That's a cracking price in my opinion. 5pt bet for me

looking for something to double mitrione with myself, think he's a cert or very close

thinking vick but trinaldo has beaten some good guys, thinking though with his reach he should have an advantage

double done at 2.26

looking for something to double mitrione with myself, think he's a cert or very close

thinking vick but trinaldo has beaten some good guys, thinking though with his reach he should have an advantage

double done at 2.26

Was a 5pt bet for me so was happy to go along with the single - didn't have it all his own way but got it done in the end.

anyone thinking torres is just too big at 13/5 to beat andrade?

surely if she does it's a points win though 4/1

never been stopped, very quick, smart fighter.
    I think there's a good chance of her outpointing andrade myself

tempted by latifi 6/5 and emmet 7/5 but I always find myself shouting for jeremy so ill just watch that

another that really interests me is the opponent of for me the most over rated mma fighter on the planet (paddy pimblett)
    Alexis Savvidis is 5/2
    My head says just to take the price even though I don't know him, his record appears decent enough and he's only been subbed once in 23 fights and only ko'd twice.

If I didn't take the price and he won I wouldn't be sleeping too well tomorrow night...could be a gift :pac:

paddy pimblett

People can slander my name all they want, but when I’m in there there’s no one like me. I’m going to show everyone why I was called the next big thing in this sport, and I’ll prove that by the end of 2018 when I’m two-time world champion at the age of 23
    Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Paddy-Pimblett-vs-Alexis-Savvidis-Two-Title-Fights-Set-for-Cage-Warriors-90-in-Liverpool-130517#6U51lkLUACcuFF3K.99

the guy is delusional :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

paddy pimblett

People can slander my name all they want, but when I’m in there there’s no one like me. I’m going to show everyone why I was called the next big thing in this sport, and I’ll prove that by the end of 2018 when I’m two-time world champion at the age of 23
    Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Paddy-Pimblett-vs-Alexis-Savvidis-Two-Title-Fights-Set-for-Cage-Warriors-90-in-Liverpool-130517#6U51lkLUACcuFF3K.99

the guy is delusional :D

Is Pimblett still a thing?

I'd have thought the clear decision loss to Erosa (Pimblett being given that decision is one of the greatest examples of corruption in the sport), the mauling Narimani gave him and the constant weight-cutting issues would have consigned him to the dustbin by now.

Remember him being on The MMA Hour and the talk of him being called up to the UFC for UFC Belfast. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Is Pimblett still a thing?

I'd have thought the clear decision loss to Erosa (Pimblett being given that decision is one of the greatest examples of corruption in the sport), the mauling Narimani gave him and the constant weight-cutting issues would have consigned him to the dustbin by now.

Remember him being on The MMA Hour and the talk of him being called up to the UFC for UFC Belfast. :pac:

can't think of many better examples of corruption than that erosa fight

I recall that alright lol, seen a couple of his earlier fights and I could never understand the hype at all and backed narimani at 9/5 who cruised to an easy win...sadly for me just a small bet which I regretted almost immediately when the fight started that it wasn't more.
    he's two fights away from the dustbin :pac:

I agree with you regarding Pimblett, he is absolutely awful. His last two fights have been pathetic, especially the one that he lost. I've never seen a fighter with less pop in his shots. He's a bum. Buuuuut.... He's a cash cow for cage warriors. Cage warriors have lots of murky, questionable sh*t going on regarding the promotor acting as both the promotor and the manager for lots of the fighters so I'm just hesitant to back against Pimblett under the CW banner for now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I agree with you regarding Pimblett, he is absolutely awful. His last two fights have been pathetic, especially the one that he lost. I've never seen a fighter with less pop in his shots. He's a bum. Buuuuut.... He's a cash cow for cage warriors. Cage warriors have lots of murky, questionable sh*t going on regarding the promotor acting as both the promotor and the manager for lots of the fighters so I'm just hesitant to back against Pimblett under the CW banner for now anyway.

Paddy Pimblett lands flying triangle armbar at Cage Warriors 90. Crazy stuff

Advertisement