Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Awaiting PP traders come back with odds on John Philips fight the weekend, can't see any other way then round 1 ko. That left hand is terrifying

but1er wrote: »
    Awaiting PP traders come back with odds on John Philips fight the weekend, can't see any other way then round 1 ko. That left hand is terrifying

Think i'll go for -2.5 rounds in this one. With Phillips out a year and a half, and losing his first fights in BAMMA & CageWarriors, I'm not so confident. Will be a lot of pressure but the Welsh fans are pretty loud. All depends on the odds though

gone for a quad of:
    Werdum 1.50
    Manuwa 1.50
    Phillips v Ware -2.5 rounds 1.50
    Godbeer v Sosnovskiy -2.5 rounds 1.56
    for 5.26 in total

Also a cheeky bet on Duquesnoy by Sub for 11.00. Crazy odds i can't understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Sosnovskiy werdum double 2.14

like this one, think godbeer is only average and is probably going to sleep here, volkov is tough but that's about it really for me, werdum is imo different class

think the two russians by ko at 3.40 could be worth a bet, both winning their last three by ko also...even both by first round ko at 6.82

tempted to back johnson also at 8/5, think that could be a very close match up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Also a cheeky bet on Duquesnoy by Sub for 11.00. Crazy odds i can't understand

12/1 on paddypower. Seems very big. Really like duquesnoy but I think he's a bit overrated, tempted by 3/1 on ware but admittedly know very little about him.

• Advertisement

the two russians to win by finish is 2.88 with 888

really fancy it, craig and godbeer really up against it here imo

dodged a bullet there switching to a finish instead of a ko

that russian was 9s to win by sub

think there might be a bit of value in byrd to win by sub at 4s
    most of his wins have been by sub, most of phillip's losses have been by sub

you'd have the think he might try and get it to the ground

mailburner wrote: »
    think there might be a bit of value in byrd to win by sub at 4s
    most of his wins have been by sub, most of phillip's losses have been by sub

you'd have the think he might try and get it to the ground

nice price alright :)

ferguson 9/4 now to beat khabib which for me is the value price of the year
    I was backing him at around 6/5 last time they were scheduled to meet
    He broke barbosa early but apart from that he's no 1/2 shot here

big ferguson fan, love the way he fights and if khabib doesn't get it done in the first two I think ferguson will have a field day with khabib and just feel in general he has more ways to win this.
    I don't think khabib will get ferguson down and keep him there and if khabib keeps coming forward like v barbosa but he won't break tony and the gas tank won't hold out if he repeats those tactics...no worries with tony there.

will probably back rose also at 5/4
    any reason she won't win this again? did jj underestimate her or have an off day? the confidence rose showed in that fight has me thinking she may well do the same again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

big ferguson fan, love the way he fights and if khabib doesn't get it done in the first two I think ferguson will have a field day with khabib and just feel in general he has more ways to win this.
    I don't think khabib will get ferguson down and keep him there and if khabib keeps coming forward like v barbosa but he won't break tony and the gas tank won't hold out if he repeats those tactics...no worries with tony there.

any reason she won't win this again? did jj underestimate her or have an off day? the confidence rose showed in that fight has me thinking she may well do the same again.

Im thinkng the exact same. Have Tony and Rose in a double. Pays 6.5/1 so I was all over it.

I don't see Tony being able to stop the takedowns and he has only 2 subs off his back. Hoping he can get up quickly without too much damage.
    As for JJ. She's not going to make the same mistakes again. Weightcut will be much better and fighters are often better after their first losses. I see her winning this one quite easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Backed Tony to win by KO/tko @ 11/1 with PP. Now 7s

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Can see tony getting the decision .. will be backing..

Feels like we might never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib 7/2 for the sub is great value to me. Khabib loves trying to work that Kimura when he has people pinned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Khabib 7/2 for the sub is great value to me. Khabib loves trying to work that Kimura when he has people pinned.

Yeah, I have a that backed myself. It seems like a mis-price on PP/Betfair as they don't normally have the best odds in the market. The exchange is only offering 9/4.

Max is tough as nails so I think a KO is unlikely, I think Max gets tired from the wrestling grind and Khabib submits him in round 3.

I can't resist the 4s on max tbh
    that's a mad price for someone that good
    My thinking is more that khabib might tire if it goes past 3

on rose also tho only 11/10 but have taken the ko also at 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 15 karlb123

Anyone else fancy lauzon by sub at 5/2? Greutzmacher lost his last 2 by sub, joe has a lot of sub wins. Makes sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

21/4 for Raging Al on Unibet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

darced wrote: »
    Big bet on Joanna at 10/11 , ill be stunned if she can't turn it around against Rose.

Was just coming in to post this. 5pt bet single on Joanna, this time 6 months ago she was invincible in the eyes of many. She may get beat but 10/11 about Joanna is about as good value bet as you'll see in MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

JJ to beat rose on points 15/8 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

JJ to win by TKO/KO or Submission @ 16/5 for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

shocksy wrote: »
    JJ to win by TKO/KO or Submission @ 16/5 for me.

You will get that @4/1 on bet365 - crazy odds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Axwell wrote: »
    You will get that @4/1 on bet365 - crazy odds

Thanks for the heads up, but I dont use bet 365. Have no time for that shower.

16/5 will have to do.

It could be worse, Skybet are only offering 7/4 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Karolina , joe lauzon, Joanna and khabib. €20 pays over €100

Sounds so simple doesn’t it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Two bets for me tonight, I can't help but back underdogs. Tenner on each for interest.

Rose by KO, TKO or DQ 9/2
    I think Joanna's chin is beginning to slip so I'm backing it while the odds are good and before it becomes undeniable that her chin is gone.

She has had a long combat sports career, Claudia dropped her and Rose KO'd her. You don't see that too often in the Strawweight division so I'm betting her chin is gone.

I also think people are going a bit far analysing Rose's mental state. It had little to do with her performance last time and if anything she will have self confidence this time.

Al Iaquinta to win 9/2
    Don't have a big justification for this one except he has the power to do it and I see value in the odds. Not a smart bet :)

• Advertisement

Two bets for me tonight, I can't help but back underdogs. Tenner on each for interest.

Rose by KO, TKO or DQ 9/2
    I think Joanna's chin is beginning to slip so I'm backing it while the odds are good and before it becomes undeniable that her chin is gone.

She has had a long combat sports career, Claudia dropped her and Rose KO'd her. You don't see that too often in the Strawweight division so I'm betting her chin is gone.

I also think people are going a bit far analysing Rose's mental state. It had little to do with her performance last time and if anything she will have self confidence this time.

Al Iaquinta to win 9/2
    Don't have a big justification for this one except he has the power to do it and I see value in the odds. Not a smart bet :)

Hope ure right with ko

Big ask for iaquinta, not for me but regardless if you think a price is too big back it, Ko is too big here for me for rose
    Iaquinta will probably have to Ko khabib to win

I recall many years back when frankie was 9/2 iirc to beat Penn on pts in their rematch
    A lot thought he wouldn't do it and that Penn would win a rematch
    Not quite the same here but it ain't no 9/2 shot either

Advertisement