Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

odds finally up for maia by Sub of 8.00. Just see real value in that line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after noticing a great little bet on PaddyPower.

They have a few specials on Thompson vs. Till, and this one in particular stood out:

Fight to go the distance and there to be a timeout in the fight. 5/1

Hugely generous odds for a couple of reasons. The first part, neither man has ever been finished in an MMA fight and with both men being such technical strikers, there won’t be as many openings as people expect. As for the second part, with as many kicks as Wonderboy throws (and the variety of them too) and Till also being fond of them to control the distance, I’d say there’s a higher than usual chance of an accidental low blow.

Now, when I apply logic to predict an MMA fight, it tends not to go well, so be warned. :pac:

I’ll still be backing it though, I love that bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Have a treble on:
    Taleb
    Magney
    Wonderboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

chancing the amirkhani/taleb double at 3.06

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just after noticing a great little bet on PaddyPower.

They have a few specials on Thompson vs. Till, and this one in particular stood out:

Fight to go the distance and there to be a timeout in the fight. 5/1

Hugely generous odds for a couple of reasons. The first part, neither man has ever been finished in an MMA fight and with both men being such technical strikers, there won’t be as many openings as people expect. As for the second part, with as many kicks as Wonderboy throws (and the variety of them too) and Till also being fond of them to control the distance, I’d say there’s a higher than usual chance of an accidental low blow.

Now, when I apply logic to predict an MMA fight, it tends not to go well, so be warned. :pac:

I’ll still be backing it though, I love that bet.

look like great odds in fairness, could easily see this going the distance unless till decides to go head hunting

I backed amirkhani to win by sub at 12/1 with pp
    9 of his 13 wins have been by sub and some bookies as low as 6/1, gotta worth a poke at those odds imo

• Advertisement

I take it that bet clicked marty?

the time out for the eye poke?

I did the bet in the shop so dont know for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It did indeed, credited already. Nearly shat myself when Till landed the knockdown though, never the easy way for me. :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    It did indeed, credited already. Nearly shat myself when Till landed the knockdown though, never the easy way for me. :D

well done, great spot and more importantly thanks for posting it :)

any thoughts next week lads

struggling to see past rda at 10/11, just think he's can match cc everywhere and is a better striker

and for value
    guida 6/4, for me has never looked better than in his last two fights, oliv always a danger with subs but I like guida's chances here

lamas 19/10 surely can't be that much of an underdog v bektic
    bektic's biggest scalp so far appears to be chas skelly? ok lamas might be coming off a round one ko by emmet but his previous three losses are against aldo, holloway and mendes
    What am I missing here?

esparza 15/4
    would you back claudia at 2/9? didn't look good against andrade and carla has improved a little with her striking, odds a little too high for me if claudia isn't at her best.

you could make a case for the reem at 7/5 but he'll need to get blaydes out of there early imo which might be tough when blaydes when two with ngannou.

rashad 5/2....a bit big but if it means I have to watch him fight again then no thanks

banker double is one I'm struggling with here
    benavidez for one and maybe tuivasa which comes in at evens, benavidez is a much better fighter than pettis, tuivasa has won all his fight by first round ko...if aa can get out of the first I think he has a chance though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

mailburner wrote: »

esparza 15/4
    would you back claudia at 2/9? didn't look good against andrade and carla has improved a little with her striking, odds a little too high for me if claudia isn't at her best.

I know its a punt but damn Claudia is in amazing shape! Has barely any weight to cut this week. Looking for her to get the KO after working at the UFC PI even though most female fights go the distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Carla is going to get smashed, Claudia is a beast. Her gas tank is the only thing, She was beating Andrade and JJ until she gassed out a bit. If she gasses against Carla I don't think Carla could do enough to make her pay for it like Andrade and JJ did.

Bektic hasn't fought any big names sure but he has looked like an absolute stud in all his recent fights, even in the upset v Elkins. I would have the odds a bit more towards evens but think Bektic will do it as he is the dangerous youngster with momentum.

Leaning towards Bobby Knuckles winning again but as always its hard to bet against Romero knowing he can just explode out of nowhere at any point in the first 3 rounds or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mike Jackson to win at 1/2 seems like printing money to me.

Yes, he’s awful, but at least he has some semblance of a striking game, as bad and all as it is. I just can’t see how Punk has improved enough in less than 2 years to live with him on the feet.

Jackson to win by KO/TKO/SUB at 11/10 with 188Bet is nice too. Cannot see this lasting the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

What's the best image hosting site to use with boards these days?

Going off my screenshot with to win by any means =

Yoel Romero over Whittaker
    Holly Holm over Anderson
    Arlovski over Tuivasa
    Alistair Overeem over Curtis Blaydes

3.22 stake gives 100. 28 return

Hard to argue at that value, first post in this thread so go easy on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

All small stakes tonight because as we know it matters more when there is money on it, but the value fight for me is the veteran Overeem vs Blaydes. Think Overeem could use his experience to grind out a win on pts, which at 6.0 looks a great price to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I might go with Anderson haven't seen her fight in awhile but a number of her last fights showed she's not afraid to get in close and brawl albeit the opposition wasn't quite Holly it wasn't worlds away from Bethe Correia...Hollys last win.

Holly habitually backs away in all her fights something that usually sees her down on the scorecards in close rounds. Megan has a reach and height advantage hmm...

KingJamsie wrote: »
    I know its a punt but damn Claudia is in amazing shape! Has barely any weight to cut this week. Looking for her to get the KO after working at the UFC PI even though most female fights go the distance

think ure right
    chickened out on esparza

went with the rest along with rda pts at 5s with a few other ambitious ones like lamas ko or sub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Small bet on guida 11/10 single to kick things off

dulux99 wrote: »
    Small bet on guida 11/10 single to kick things off

Oops.

worst start to an event in quite a while here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

mailburner wrote: »
    worst start to an event in quite a while here :(

Im 4/4 but included CM Punk so forget that bet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I put a tenner on Yoel by KO, TKO, DQ or Sub at 7/2 with BetVictor.

I just like the value in the odds, it's Yoel's only route to victory.

Other underdogs I fancy but haven't backed yet are Megan Anderson and CM Punk.

How many times has Holly Holm come out and fought with zero fight IQ and little urgency. I don't like her style at all.

As for Punk I think he will come out and just wrestle Mike Jackson. He wont be one bit interested in standing. He could get the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    What's the best image hosting site to use with boards these days?

Going off my screenshot with to win by any means =

Yoel Romero over Whittaker
    Holly Holm over Anderson
    Arlovski over Tuivasa
    Alistair Overeem over Curtis Blaydes

3.22 stake gives 100. 28 return

Hard to argue at that value, first post in this thread so go easy on me!
    I've literally done the opposite accum.
    Bobby, Anderson, Tuivasa and Blaydes

Have to go for the aussies. Holly and Reem are broken imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Large stake on Mike Jackson via KO/TKO/SUB at 11/8.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Only betting on the main card tonight:

Tuivasa by KO/TKO/SUB
    Anderson by Decision
    RDA by KO/TKO/SUB
    Jackson by KO/TKO/SUB
    Whittaker by KO/TKO/SUB

€10 @ 100/1

Just got an offer from the bookie by text. Back Whitaker in method of victory market and get money back if he wins by another method.

Took Whitaker by points.

Mellor wrote: »
    Just got an offer from the bookie by text. Back Whitaker in method of victory market and get money back if he wins by another method.

Took Whitaker by points.

Jaysus I'd be all over that. Great offer.

Mellor wrote: »

Took Whitaker by points.

Thank you to the bookie, because I wasn't going to make Whitaker points. Nearly $130 back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    All small stakes tonight because as we know it matters more when there is money on it, but the value fight for me is the veteran Overeem vs Blaydes. Think Overeem could use his experience to grind out a win on pts, which at 6.0 looks a great price to me.

Yep, could barely have been more wrong there TBF. :pac:

worst event of the year bar none, got every single one wrong, lamas and benavidez losing splits and the one I didnt bother with (carla) came closest to obliging even though another split

rda haf his chance if he had won the last round but cc has a bigger gas tank

less said about guida the better :o

pretty sure the only underdogs that won were pettis and de la rocha so I'm sure plenty did make money on this

• Advertisement

cerrone nearly 2/1 to beat leon edwards?

what am I missing here?

Advertisement