Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I rave about Jessy Rose Clarke a lot. But her sub game is still so underrated by bookies. She's favourite to win, but 12/1 by sub. It's an easy bet for me

Richie Smullen a big underdog this weekend. That's all kinds of wrong.
    He was first pick on TUF and have to feel that he's being under rated due to the cramps. Pena is an average enough fighter with a great personality. Throws wild strikes, not a grappler. Have to pick Richie to find an opening, pull Ashi Garami and heelhook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭cletus

Mellor wrote: »
    He was first pick on TUF and have to feel that he's being under rated due to the cramps. Pena is an average enough fighter with a great personality. Throws wild strikes, not a grappler. Have to pick Richie to find an opening, pull Ashi Garami and heelhook.

Thanks for the heads up. Have thrown a few bob at that myself (or at least got my brother to do it on his PP account :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

might have a go also after the weigh ins next friday

price seems a bit big no doubt about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Mellor wrote: »

I hope they open up the method of victory. I'll be going on heavy on the sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Anyone think Israel Adesanya could be upset this weekend? Clear the UFC are pushing him but has holes in his ground game and fighting a veteran in Brad Tavares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Anyone think Israel Adesanya could be upset this weekend? Clear the UFC are pushing him but has holes in his ground game and fighting a veteran in Brad Tavares

It’s not like he’s a massive favourite in fairness. Bookies have it priced correctly I think. Good chance Tavares wins but Israel wins 6.5/10 times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

One or two bookies have a method of victory market for Richie's fight. Richie by sub is priced at 10/1!

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/luis-pena-v-richie-smullen/method-of-victory

One or two bookies have a method of victory market for Richie's fight. Richie by sub is priced at 10/1!

https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/luis-pena-v-richie-smullen/method-of-victory

Seen that. Waiting for my bookie to get on board :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

12/1 for sub on powers, double up with katona for 16/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

I watched TUF 27 and got a chance to see Pena's striking game , but due to the events in the house and not being familar with Smullen prior to the show I have no idea of his striking level . Can anybody shed some light on this ? Thoughts on him being able to hang with Pena on the feet in order to be able to disguise his takedowns somewhat ? Read the tuf final preview on bloodyelbow and they're not giving smullen much of a chance . Have heard a lot of people on the show saying how strong Smullen is on the ground , but having never seen him compete myself I just wonder is he capable of blending his game together against a strong striker in Pena to get it to the ground ?

Senor Frog wrote: »
    I watched TUF 27 and got a chance to see Pena's striking game , but due to the events in the house and not being familar with Smullen prior to the show I have no idea of his striking level . Can anybody shed some light on this ? Thoughts on him being able to hang with Pena on the feet in order to be able to disguise his takedowns somewhat ? Read the tuf final preview on bloodyelbow and they're not giving smullen much of a chance . Have heard a lot of people on the show saying how strong Smullen is on the ground , but having never seen him compete myself I just wonder is he capable of blending his game together against a strong striker in Pena to get it to the ground ?

Plenty of footage of his fights on YouTube. He went 3 rounds with Rhys McKee last year which finished in a draw and there was some very good stand up from both fighters in that.

Smullen loves leg and ankle locks and one thing Pena has is long legs. I see Smullen grabbing one of those lazy teeps, pulling Pena to the ground, and it's game over.

but1er wrote: »
    12/1 for sub on powers, double up with katona for 16/1

Smullen sub gone down to 17/2 on PP now.

I've gone for Smullen by Sub and Katona by KO double. Pays 79/1.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Senor Frog wrote: »

Plenty of footage of his fights on YouTube. He went 3 rounds with Rhys McKee last year which finished in a draw and there was some very good stand up from both fighters in that.

Smullen loves leg and ankle locks and one thing Pena has is long legs. I see Smullen grabbing one of those lazy teeps, pulling Pena to the ground, and it's game over.

Thanks for that , I'll watch that fight back .

Just watched it back , great fight with some crazy scrambles . Draw seemed like the right result to me .

Backed a Smullen sub and Katona in a double .

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Smullen sub gone down to 17/2 on PP now.

I've gone for Smullen by Sub and Katona by KO double. Pays 79/1.

Katona by KO is a good shout. He doesn't have much KO's in his record but Jay's chin looked absolutely done.

zuniga at 11/8 to beat gunther (skybet)

In all the years I've seen tuf I can't recall anyone as bad as gunther, surely zuniga can take him

double of
    mitchell diamond over 2.5 rounds
    gianetti
    1.96/1 skyb

zuniga 11/8

zuniga pts 4s
    gianetti sub 15/8
    diamond pts 5/2
    treble 49/1

Back on the horse after a tough night

Have Perry / Felder for FOTN 4.5

PP doing a special: Stipe & Francis KO 5/1

Back on the horse after a tough night

Have Perry / Felder for FOTN 4.5

PP doing a special: Stipe & Francis KO 5/1

Thinking of backing off from MMA gambling for a while... On paper those bets look decent. What a crazy sport :)

Recently I've made more money on world cup soccer and I know fúck all about soccer :D

Thinking of backing off from MMA gambling for a while... On paper those bets look decent. What a crazy sport :)

Recently I've made more money on world cup soccer and I know fúck all about soccer :D

Robbed of Felder/Perry not getting FOTN

• Advertisement

In fairness PP refunded the stake, robbed indeed!!

In fairness PP refunded the stake, robbed indeed!!

They refunded Felder/Perry not getting FOTN? Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Darren Elkins is almost 3/1 with coral to win his fight at the weekend against someone I've never heard of. Thought this may have been a mistake but checking oddschecker and he's outsider with everyone. What am I missing here??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I honestly haven't seen much of him but a lot of people favouring Volkanovski over Elkins. I think he's another wrecking ball they're trying to build up using Elkins as a stepping stone and he probably outskills Elkins in every way but Elkins could do his usual and outlast a beating and pull off the come from behind win.

Volkanovski hasn't fought any club we to Elkins level or experience.

I honestly haven't seen much of him but a lot of people favouring Volkanovski over Elkins. I think he's another wrecking ball they're trying to build up using Elkins as a stepping stone and he probably outskills Elkins in every way but Elkins could do his usual and outlast a beating and pull off the come from behind win.

Fair enough, I hadn't even heard of this guy before. 14/5 Elkins does seem worth a small bet though.

what about zak ottow at 13/10 to beat sage?

most of his recent wins have been on pts or by ko but saying that 10 of his 16 wins have been by sub and he's 7/1 to sub sage (888)
    this is sage's 3rd fight at ww also having had some success at lightweight.
    He's lost both his ww fights by sub.

find that price too hard to resist

double of jds and price also at 3.32 bet365

also the hit and hope double of price by sub/ottow by sub 63/1 (888) and a treble adding zingano pts at 175/1

very much due a winning night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just a bit of a long shot for tonight, nothing I’m sure enough of to lump on this card.

Nurmagomedov, Zingano, Mendes and Bermudez all on points
    Northcutt rd 3 or points
    Junior by KO/TKO

€5 returns €1,476.

one for an interest, card just started

tybura
    smith
    hein fight to go the distance
    12/5
    betstars

• Advertisement

Just the one bet for me tonight, texiera single @ 4/7. Anderson is useless in my eyes. Texiera should shrug him off easily and wallop him.

If that wins I'll have a small single on Shogun. For nostalgia purposes more than anything!

Advertisement