Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

I'm saying you never know if you're going to get lethal Uriah or indifferent Uriah.
    No way would I bet on him because he's one of the most frustrating UFC fighters.

I thought he performed perfectly well last time out and i seen him first hand in Boston, his size is intimidating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

akelly02 wrote: »
    What price is Uriah Hall lads...he was robbed at 187 last time

I love Uriah but I'm sick of sticking up for him at this stage to be honest.

I'd love to see him put it all together some day but every fight he has I'm thinking "this will be it, this is the fight where he turns it on", but he rarely does.

Never again for me. The worst thing that happened to him was that KO of Adam Cella in TUF. He got a massive fright from it and has never recovered mentally IMO.

He should win this weekend however but I couldn't justify backing him at 3/10.

Rousey opened -245 vs Cyborg +197 for any potential fight per MMAMania. The line has since gone to Rousey -375 vs Cyborg +285.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

main bet on osp at evens

small bet on alvey ko 11/2

double at 25/1
    alvey ko
    osp/tex to go distance

got a bad feeling brunson may take alvey down and keep him there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Dempsey at 11/8 looks nice. He's moving up in weight and I think he might have taken it on short notice, but his opponent has fought complete bums if Sherdog is anything to go (e.g last opponent was 0-2, guy before was 3-7). Plus he hasn't fought since Aug 2014. Am I missing something? I know Dempseys a bit of a bum himself, but he beat Gordon recently and his opponents pre-ufc didn't have diabolical records. Might put a bit on him in a double or treble with others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just the one bet tonight for interest..MOV accumulator

Amanda Nunes by KO
    Uriah Hall by KO
    Derek Brunson on Points
    Michael Johnson on Points
    Glover Teixeira by KO

Dempsey at 11/8 looks nice. He's moving up in weight and I think he might have taken it on short notice, but his opponent has fought complete bums if Sherdog is anything to go (e.g last opponent was 0-2, guy before was 3-7). Plus he hasn't fought since Aug 2014. Am I missing something? I know Dempseys a bit of a bum himself, but he beat Gordon recently and his opponents pre-ufc didn't have diabolical records. Might put a bit on him in a double or treble with others.

Ooooops. Avoid me like the plague.

mailburner wrote: »
    main bet on osp at evens

small bet on alvey ko 11/2

double at 25/1
    alvey ko
    osp/tex to go distance

got a bad feeling brunson may take alvey down and keep him there

embarrassing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

not really a lot to be made tbh . can u imagine investing around 10grand and it was a draw lol
    It's prob gone now. But it would have been a guaranteed 6.5% profit, you'll do well to find an investment with a better return than that.

$645 for free if you invested $10k. And if it was a draw the payout would have been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paige VanZant is 1/18 against Alex Chambers.

Granted she'll probably win, but jaysus. What an outrageous price. I don't even think Ronda was that price vs Correira

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dulux99 wrote: »

Granted she'll probably win, but jaysus. What an outrageous price. I don't even think Ronda was that price vs Correira

Just watch her get a title shot after she beats her too. They see her as one of the most marketable athletes in their ranks, she'll be given the Conor treatment to a lesser extent. Very fun to watch though, but 1/18 is taking the piss slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MMATycoon

dulux99 wrote: »

Pretty much word for word what I think about the situation. Chambers is an OK fighter. Paige isn't much better than an OK fighter.

I really hope she doesn't get a title fight cos as soon as she fights someone good I'm betting against her.

She should win but I think they're the most ridiculous odds I've ever seen. Can't see her getting a title shot off it, one more fight maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm really routing for Alex at those odds

Having a few quid on Letourneau at 17/10 as the underdog vs Moroz at the weekend.

Have had a few quid on Chambers at 8/1 too. Van Zant should win but there's too much value in Chambers at 8's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Anyone know why there is no method of victory market on paddy for this weekend's card? I thought they'd have it priced now . Might chance a submission victory double for Aubin-Mercier & Charles Olivera.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭OverUnderP4P

Hoki wrote: »
    Anyone know why there is no method of victory market on paddy for this weekend's card? I thought they'd have it priced now . Might chance a submission victory double for Aubin-Mercier & Charles Olivera.

its the only way i see olivera winng. Hope max wins, think he will finish him with strikes.

Paully D wrote: »
    Having a few quid on Letourneau at 17/10 as the underdog vs Moroz at the weekend.

was just coming on here now to ask about her, that price seems pretty big
    last loss a split to gadelha reads pretty well
    have only seen moroz v calderwood so not sure how good she is, calderwood was p1ss poor that night anyway
    its the only way i see olivera winng. Hope max wins, think he will finish him with strikes.
    same as that, it'll be comfortable for max I reckon if he can keep it standing

did a wee bet, only 3/1, looks good but i'm sure there's an upset in there

holloway
    laprise
    silva
    mercier

Was about to back Letourneau as her record at the weight class is v good, but she looked sluggish in her 2 ufc fights and Moroz was landing on JoJo even before she subbed her. Her odds are probably a bit big but Moroz looks a genuine talent. If Letourneau didn't have that split loss to Gadelha I probably wouldn't even look twice at the odds but that's an impressive result to have on your record even if its a loss.

At the same time, I think JoJo's a hype job so I'm not really sure how impressive that win is for Moroz. JoJo nearly got finished early in her last fight too.

Surprised at a few of the odds on the card tonight but happily take them.

Can see Holloway getting the TKO. I think Moroz got an easy sub in that last fight and Letourneau should have the experience to avoid the sub and get the win.

Small MOV treble

Max Holloway by KO evens
    Neil Magny by KO 5/1
    Patrick Cote on Points 15/8

Accumulator
    Frankie Perez 5/6
    Marcos Rogerio De Lima 8/11
    Felipe Arantes 8/15
    Tony Sims 15/8
    Francisco Trinaldo 12/5
    Patrick Cote 11/10
    Valerie Letourneau 6/4
    Neil Magny 6/4
    Max Holloway 4/9

• Advertisement

Letourneau 1 lb over weight for the womens fight weigh in- has an hour to lose it. Didnt look like the weight cut went great so that could be a big factor in the fight and bets.

fluck it anyway, thought this was on tonight :o

mailburner wrote: »
    fluck it anyway, thought this was on tonight :o

Same as till I seen a tweet saying the weigh ins were starting and thought **** it! Probably wont see it now with work on Mon morn.

Letourneau makes weight on second weigh-in, using the towel.

cashed out on letourneau, didnt look good at all in the weigh ins

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Holloway by KO/Sub 5/6
    Magny on Points 4/1

Have a feeling Magny might not be the same without the momentum behind him but i'm Silva is his usual gassed out self.

Since its on tonight and the MOV odds are up now I stuck an MOV accumulator on the rest of the card.

Fiver returns just over 2k

Patrick Cote on Points 15/8
    Neil Magny by KO 5/1
    Felipe Arantes by KO 5/2
    Frankie Perez on Points 2/1
    Marcos Rogerio De Lima by KO 15/8

Paully D wrote: »

Wasn't confident at all after the weigh-ins and she went out to 2/1, but a winner is a winner I suppose.

Lesson learned to wait until the weigh-ins from now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 karlb123

anyone disagree with mir being the underdog this weekend? im looking at putting mir, rumble and dj in my multi paying a very nice 3.44 or 7/2 whatever way you wanna look at it. also, pearson is a big price at 4 dollars, surely hes worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

karlb123 wrote: »
    anyone disagree with mir being the underdog this weekend? im looking at putting mir, rumble and dj in my multi paying a very nice 3.44 or 7/2 whatever way you wanna look at it. also, pearson is a big price at 4 dollars, surely hes worth a punt?
    3.44 is just under 5/2 rather than 7/2. Arlovski is on a tear but it's a hard fight to call. I'd probably put it close to 50/50

Advertisement