Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think Arlovskis price is fair, and also think Pearson is big as nearly 4/1. It'll be a standup fight and I'd give Ross a chance.

Best value bet is Rivera at 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

I think Arlovskis price is fair, and also think Pearson is big as nearly 4/1. It'll be a standup fight and I'd give Ross a chance.

Best value bet is Rivera at 10/11.

Arlovksi by Ko for me, MIr will be blowing out his arse within 2 minutes and if andrei can stay mobile he should pick him off and finish it late in round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I know I already posted this a while ago, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it...

Ronda rousey is 1/16 vs holly holm

Paige VanZant is 1/18 vs the girl she's fighting Saturday who's name escapes me

Baffling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

dulux99 wrote: »
    I know I already posted this a while ago, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it...

Baffling!

In the fight game its baffling! Love an underdog in mma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Baffling!

The overhype for PVZ is ridiculous.

Good, exciting fighter, but jesus I've never seen someone in the UFC being promoted so heavily just because of how they look. If they have any sense, they'll keep her far away from JJ for a while, because PVZ won't look the same after that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Baffling!

Chambers is currently 8/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Chambers is currently 8/1

Chambers availible at 10/1 (Boyles)
    PVZ is availible at 1/10 (Bet365)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 karlb123

3.44 is just under 5/2 rather than 7/2. Arlovski is on a tear but it's a hard fight to call. I'd probably put it close to 50/50

ah yes my mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What price is Paul Felder? He was great against Edson Barboza and if this is a stand up fight I think he'll easily beat Pearson.

Betting sites blocked in work.

I'm thinking of a fairly chunky bet on an Arlovski/Felder double.

Also may consider Arlovski by Decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Felder 1/4 Pearson 11/4, no value on Felder there, I think Pearson's odds are big. It'll be a standup fight and remember Ross nearly beat Barboza.

I think Arlovski's the better striker but his chin is the only thing holding me back. Rivera is my main bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

May have a parlay on Arlovski Rumble both by KO.

Would do Rumble, Arlovski, Felder, DJ in a quad but it may not be worth the odds

Felder 1/4 Pearson 11/4, no value on Felder there, I think Pearson's odds are big. It'll be a standup fight and remember Ross nearly beat Barboza.

Wow that is stingey. I'd have probably priced it about 2/5 for Felder. Will be avoiding so.

callaway92 wrote: »

Also may consider Arlovski by Decision.

Feck sake...Didn't pull the trigger on this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

lads, is there anywhere to have a bet on this series of tuf outright winner??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ladbrokes the only crowd betting on this same as they did with the blackzilians v att tuf
    only one market sadly

http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/the-ultimate-fighter-22/winning-team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was looking but I couldn't find anything, really want to back Thanh Le heavily from what I've seen, got a good feeling about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was looking but I couldn't find anything, really want to back Thanh Le heavily from what I've seen, got a good feeling about him.

Thats who I was going to put the hard-earned on, he looks class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

martyos121 wrote: »

I strongly doubt you'll get odds anywhere until the the finalists are announced. After all it is already decided who will be fighting in the final, it just hasn't aired yet.

Giving odds at this stage would be the UFC equivalent of betting on the royal rumble. Everyone involved, bar us, the viewers, already knows who will be in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bookmakers are usually spot on with the TUF outright winner market.

They had Usman as a decent favourite to win last season when all he had done up until that point in the show was win a scrappy decision week 1 and was hardly seen in the proceeding weeks. He hadn't been given any sort of edit (though he was highly rated coming into the show I suppose). Coincidentally the 2nd favourite also made the final.

They did however call the winning team incorrectly. At one point ATT had to win 3 fights in a row to become the winning team and were priced as big as 11/2.

Thats who I was going to put the hard-earned on, he looks class :)

He looked incredible in his fight to get into the house.

Great build for LW

• Advertisement

As mention its quite hard to get proper odds on it and bookies are shy about pricing it up.
    Simply because at this point in time, only two people could potentially win. And its not impossible that the bookies could find this info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

The Holly Holm v Ronda Rousey odds are very attractive.

Holm 8/1 Ladbrokes

I don't understand why she is so underrated. The best striker in that division if not all the divisions, incredibly strong, hard to get on the ground. Great cardio capacity. Ronda will be tested like never before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

cloudatlas wrote: »

Holm 8/1 Ladbrokes

I don't understand why she is so underrated. The best striker in that division if not all the divisions, incredibly strong, hard to get on the ground. Great cardio capacity. Ronda will be tested like never before.

That's cute.

You could take Joe Rogans spot with a line like that :)

He must get sick of having to say that shít knowing it's utter bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

That's cute.

You could take Joe Rogans spot with a line like that :)

He must get sick of having to say that shít knowing it's utter bollix

Thanks the condescension is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Holm 8/1 Ladbrokes

Just curious have you watched any of holms fights in the UFC? She has looked nowhere near good enough to put up much of a fight. She will be destroyed.

The best striker in that division if not all the divisions, incredibly strong, hard to get on the ground.
    ALL the divisions? I don't think do.
    JJ is a much better striker for mma imo. And I assume you weren't includimg men's div's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Betting against Rousey vs anyone is throwing money away imo. And I include Cyborg in that.
    She'll wipe the floor with Holm. The ufc has to hype fights to get the ppv numbers up but realistically there's nobody out there at the minute that can beat Rousey. I genuinely think she'll retire undefeated.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Betting against Rousey vs anyone is throwing money away imo. And I include Cyborg in that.
    She'll wipe the floor with Holm. The ufc has to hype fights to get the ppv numbers up but realistically there's nobody out there at the minute that can beat Rousey. I genuinely think she'll retire undefeated.

And despite this I'm still going to throw a tenner on Holm. Wouldn't notice the tenner missing but €100 is a night out :)

That's my logic and I'm sticking to it!

All joking aside, anybody who has a proper bet on Holm needs to go back to the cracker factory.

:D

Bet.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

And despite this I'm still going to throw a tenner on Holm. Wouldn't notice the tenner missing but €100 is a night out :)

That's my logic and I'm sticking to it!

All joking aside, anybody who has a proper bet on Holm needs to go back to the cracker factory.

I agree 100%
    I often place bets on long shots if the price is right. It's the fight game and everyone has a punchers chance. If the price is attractive enough then sometimes it's worthwhile throwing on a very small bet. It pays off from time to time.
    But like you say, any sizeable bet against Rousey is pretty crazy.

Advertisement