Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Objective C??

• 29-12-2010 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey:), has anyone tried to learn objective C?I know you dont need it in any computing course but... If so, then is it difficult? I know a bit of java, would that help at all?

Those new Mac computers in the library look cool btw. Pity I cant access them.
    :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've tried.
    Its a little different to anything I've learned before. Since its derived from the NextStep language, all of the basic functions have NS before them, eg NSLog instead of printf/cout/system.out.println.

Also, its weird how it sends variables to functions/classes.

Check out this blog and you'll see what I mean:
    Learning Objective-C for iPhone programming.

Only problem though, if you're learning it for iPhone programming, then you'll need access to a Mac. Objective-C on its own can be compiled on Windows with gcc, but for iPhone you have to use XCode on MacOSX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Warez Dispenser

Cheers,

Yea its unfortunate i need a mac, which is stupid, seeing as you can run windows in mac, but not mac in windows(not legally anyway).
    Luckily macs are one of the cheapest computers around. :D

I downloaded a version of mac for VMware on windows, but the iPhone sdk didn't work on it! Plus it was really really slow and a lot of things didnt work.

Cheers for the input, when i get a mac it will keep me busy in my spare time!:)

Advertisement