Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to delete my account?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I would like to know how to delete my account on boards.ie? am I in the right section?

Onesimus
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Onesimus wrote: »
    I would like to know how to delete my account on boards.ie? am I in the right section?

Onesimus

Email hello at boards.ie to request an account closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It'll only be closed not deleted. The unchristian creators of this forum are bastards like that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tut, you are supposed to be horrified and ask why he wants to close his account, so he can tell you....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

They wont delete an account. It would remove all your posts and threads and that would bugger everything around it - other peoples posts, replies and comments

Thats what the expermient in Switzerland was about in the Large Hadron Collider.

*scuttles off to see what op posted at 3am on a saturday night*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

And we'll be Fedexing that first mini-Black Hole straight to Athlone. That'll learn ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

They used to be able to do something to delete accounts, and instead of the user's name it would just say unregistered. Ya, and why do you want it deleted I'm nosey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Spear wrote: »
    Email hello at boards.ie to request an account closure.

I really think the need to change that to goodbye'@'boards.ie for account closures. More fitting.

OP, might be easier to to scramble your password and move on. Nothing is gone for ever on the internet.
    As Snyper said, deleting posts would ruin the flow of a thread.
    Or if there are a few certain posts you'd like deleted that contain personal information, a mod or admin might do it if you drop a PM linking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think we're done here. OP, as Spear said, send a request by email to hello@boards.ie and the lads will sort you out.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement