Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my parents notice the difference???

Options
  • 29-12-2010 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi All,

My parents want to get a new 32 inch flatscreen tv (they don't want anything bigger). They are in their 60s - eyesight is not the best and use glasses for watching tv. On top of this, they only have standard Sky TV and more than likely will never get Sky HD. Also, they don't watch blu-rays.

They want to know - is it worth getting a full HD tv instead of a HD Ready one? Would they really notice the difference in clarity - even when watching standard definition TV?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,245 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

nope probably not

i'd guess the only 1080p content they'd watch is bluray discs, if they don't even watch many dvds then probably won't ever matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If someone comes to me looking for a tv and are using normal sky and not using any consoles,I'd reccommend a HD ready one,there is a minimal difference in picture quality between the two if just using sky,if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say HD Ready will do just fine. HD Ready is 720p and standard Sky, DVD, etc is only 480 or thereabouts.

Depending on how far away they sit from the TV the difference between 720 and 1080 may not even be noticeable at all.

Advertisement