Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography day-out ideas

• 29-12-2010 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hey guys,

so a friend of mine from the Germany is visiting me here in Dublin next week, and she wants me to bring her out for the day snapping around Dublin,

any ideas on interesting spots to go?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't know Dublin all that well, but the city alone holds many a photo op. You could maybe take the dart out to somewhere like Donabate? I've been there before and on the right day, there's some lovely scenes to be had out that way. Depends on what she wants really. Urban/landscape ... Stephen's green, phoenix park ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Open top bus tour? cold but good snapping op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

all depends on what she wants to see/do ...in the city itself

- Dublin Zoo

- Architectural Dublin (Georgian Buildings, Government Buildings, Four Courts, CCJ (Courts of Criminal Justice), New Conference Centre (At Night is best...with Samuel Beckett Bridge) Various Dublin Bridges....etc etc

- People in Dublin - General street scenes, Grafton Street, James' St, Moore Street.

- Cityscapes - ...great views of the city from up in Dublin mountains, plenty of views of sea scapes from Howth etc.

loads of things - but cant think straight at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Dublin is best at night for sure. Keep meaning to head up there with the tripod [essential] some dark evening just to take long exposures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Take a walk through Temple Bar in the evening. Grafton Street during a busy Saturday afternoon. The famine statues on the quays. A stroll around Grand Canal Theatre area. Henry Street during the day. Dublin is a super city for photos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I love around georges dock and ifsc... don't worry you wont get in any trouble

might not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

cheers for all the ideas guys! some great ones there!

yeah was thinking more urbanish type shooting, like Dublin castle etc etc...

but now I've got way too many ideas!! also thinking an oul stroll on the beach,

cheers again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Agree with pixbyjohn Dublin is a great city to photograph.

My favourite area is Grand Canal Dock and within 5 minutes you have the Conference centre, Grafton St, Liffey, I.F.S.C. and a host of interesting buildings. I think evening or night time is best

I would love to get the time to do some street photography around Dublin and up around the markets.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Get a Day Ticket from Dublin Tourism - it gets you into loads of places including Dublin Castle, Christ Church, Guinness Storehouse etc. Alternatively there's lods of free stuff like any of the museums etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't know Dublin all that well, but the city alone holds many a photo op. You could maybe take the dart out to somewhere like Donabate? I've been there before and on the right day, there's some lovely scenes to be had out that way. Depends on what she wants really. Urban/landscape ... Stephen's green, phoenix park ...

The Darts final stop is Malahide it doesn't go to Donabate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

There is a race on tomorrow .

I cant wait to try my new 70-200 at.
    http://www.motocross.ie/index.php?select=4&id=1203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Im gonna suggest something out of the ordinary,try the ghost bus they take you to some really interesting spots in dublin thats usually overlooked, plus its a bit of entertainment in between stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Well if you're thinking of going to the beach Bull Island isn't too far out, and then you could head down North Bull Wall to get some good shots of the city. Howth is great for shots too , further out however , get the 31 bus up the summit and wander round Howth Head ,then stop for pints and lunch in the Summit Inn - yum :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭.Conor.

Temple Bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

rubdub wrote: »
    hey guys,

so a friend of mine from the Germany is visiting me here in Dublin next week, and she wants me to bring her out for the day snapping around Dublin,

any ideas on interesting spots to go?

thanks.

has she arrived yet ?

Advertisement