Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which second in command/first officer would you choose.

Options
  • 29-12-2010 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Imagine you've just been given captaincy of the Enterprise,which second in command/first officer would you choose,Spock,Riker,Chakotay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

hogflem wrote: »
    Imagine you've just been given captaincy of the Enterprise,which second in command/first officer would you choose,Spock,Riker,Chakotay?

B'Elanna Torres hands down. I know she's not a first officer.
    Guts, brains, body.
    225px-Belanna1.jpg

Just realised, she's 52! Wow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd pick Spock. He's the most qualified, most knowledgeable, and can do pretty well in a fight. He'd probably annoy the hell out me of me from time to time, but at least he wouldnt be constantly getting into trouble for not keeping it in his pants.
    KenSwee wrote: »
    Guts, brains, body.
    I'm pretty sure a fine body isn't a requirement for a good first officer. It probably should be, but it's not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Would have to be Spock, he would wreck my head but no contest eith the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Data or Worf

none of the above are worth it IMO

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hard choice, they all bring different qualities but just for the sheer fun i'd pick Worf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Question is Spock, Riker or Chakotay ?

kilburn wrote: »
    Question is Spock, Riker or Chakotay ?

I'm the captain, I can pick whoever I damn well please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

T'Pol, because shes generally fairly calm and logical, although I hear ya on the worf choice, you could order him to beat up everyone and his suggestions would always be along the lines of "captain recommend we blow their ship up." Leaving him in command though might cause problems because he'd throw diplomacy out the window with his action first thinking later philosophy and get the crew killed most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Robin Lefler

She has rules and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I suppose it depends on which era we're talking about. Different skill set needed for different situations. But if it is TNG era or thereabouts, I'd go with Riker. He gets a lot of flack but most of his command decisions were spot on. I always felt that Spock was stronger as a scientist than a commanding officer in anycase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

I s'pose I should've put a bit more thought into the question,while I did put three names up to choose from,you are the captains,so,as Cookie Monster said"choose who you damn well please".Personally I would have to go with Spock,He's out on his own,Data is smarter,but the constant questioning of every bit of banter, would drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My ideal crew:

First Officer - Data

Chief of Security - Worf

Chief Engineer - Scotty

Chief of Operations - Miles

Chief Medical Officer - The Doctor

Chief Science Officer - Jadzia Dax

Helmsman - Tom Paris

Captains Assistant - Seven of Nine ;)

Can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Well if I was captain and I could choose anybody it would most definitely be Picard. Who in the history of Starfleet would be a better choice. He's well tempered, intellectual and not afraid to use force if all other avenues have been exhausted. Plus I reckon he would be a hell of a wingman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Wesley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I was just going to choose Wesley! In the early seasons all too many plots culminated with Wesley saving the universe. Thats a useful trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Would have to be Riker. If only to say.
    FIRE AT WILL!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Seven of nine and Picard would be invaluable,but, with a Vor'cha class attack cruiser uncloaking off the starboard bow,I could think of a few faces I'd like to see on the bridge,sadly,Wesley's is not one of them.Each to they're own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Q

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My ideal crew:

First Officer - Worf

Chief of Security - Tuvok

Chief Engineer - O'Brien

Chief of Operations - Data (he was Ops officer on TNG)

Chief Medical Officer - Phlox

Chief Science Officer - Spock

Helmsman - Nog

Captains Assistant - Porthos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Kira Nerys or Spock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Kira Nerys certainly is ballsy but a bit too stubborn for my liking, Worf is a feckin eejit, Spock makes a better science office, Riker would be bring all manner of alien std's aboard, Chakotay I'd probably throw out the nearest airlock within the first 5 mins, I do like Tuvok but not as a first officer, 7 of 9 would be fun but inexperienced and would probably see sacrificing half the crew as acceptable losses, so I'd go latter days Data when he's not so obsessed with "..his witless exploration of humanity". ;)

azezil wrote: »
    Kira Nerys certainly is ballsy

and man like :pac::pac::pac:

she would melt my brain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Jadzia Dax

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Yoda....

doh!

no seriously it would have to be 7 of 9.
    she'd be hearing the words "See me in my ready room" an awful lot. I'd have to double her space wages or what have you.

Advertisement