Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe Burst

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

:mad:
    Well, it's finally happened. She Burst!
    The walls in the downstairs bathroom are soaked. I have called a plumber out to fix and tried to contain the damage.
    We have located the burst pipe and it's been repaired. I'm left with a big gaping hole in the wall and wet walls

My query is, should i go down the insurance claim road? Also, is it safe to assume they will even look after it?
    I haven't read my policy yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Jesh1 wrote: »
    The walls in the downstairs bathroom are soaked. I have called a plumber out to fix and tried to contain the damage.
    We have located the burst pipe and it's been repaired. I'm left with a big gaping hole in the wall and wet walls

My query is, should i go down the insurance claim road? Also, is it safe to assume they will even look after it?

You should probably get a loss adjustor to take a look.
    If you decide not to claim they should have a look for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Jesh1 wrote: »

you should ring them ASAP
    thats what insurance is for ,it will need surveyed to see the extent of the water damage and how far through the house it has spread

dont be tempted to patch up the hole and forget about it ,a burst pipe
    can leak around 15,000 litres per x 24 hrs

any ideas how long was it burst before the water was turned off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jesh1

delllat wrote: »
    any ideas how long was it burst before the water was turned off ?

Can't be certain.....I could have missed it initially on day one. On day two council turned the water off. Only spotted it when the water was turned back on, once home from work.

Advertisement