Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Wireless Connection Problem

Options
  • 29-12-2010 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

A friends young lad got a new PS3 for Christmas but we have failed miserably to get it to connect to his UPC wireless network.

The Broadband setup is using the Motorola modem and the Netgear wireless router. His Desktop is hard wired and his laptop is wireless and connecting no problem.

The PS3 is seeing the Netgear & asking for the WAP key but once entered it tries to connect for a few minutes but fails with the "Failed to obtian an IP" Timed out message.

This is basically what happens
    Network Settings> Internet Connection Settings> Easy> Wireless> Scan> Select NETGEAR wireless router *enter*>SSID>WLAN Security Settings> WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)> Type in password> Checking network settings> Settings List>Enter>Test Connection> Obtaining Ip adress> Connection Test Complete> Obtain Ip Address Failed. The attempt to obtain an Ip address timed out.

Any advice or recommend anything I could change on the router to get the damn thing connecting?

Would NAT Filtering on the router set to "Secured" be causing the problem? Should I try it set to open?
    -

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Having the same problem but with Wimax and with a motorola cpei35775 router.
    Any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I still haven't sorted it either!

Judging by my Google results there are many others too with the same problem but I've failed to find anyone offering a solution.

Why do manufactures make what should be a straight forward task so troublesome :mad:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement