Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H I come to you for advice

Options
  • 29-12-2010 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Okay, I go to boarding school and my birthday is coming up.

My parents said I could rent out a room if I really wanted to, so I think I may do that.

Just, I don't know what kind of party to do if I am.

Like, would it be a good idea to have a disco? In which case I would probably be able to invite a good 60 or so people depending on the size of the room.

Basically, my question is:
    Any ideas for a birthday party where I could have a large amount of people come, and it not be awkward and a bit of craic?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I remember you, you posted here like last year!! :P

/pointless contribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Davidius appreciation party!! Everyone dress as his avatar.. talking is unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

well since you go too a boarding school surely it would be better to have it at home since a lot of people are probably going to need to crash there?
    Also if you rent a room you're also probably going to need to rent a DJ and lights and stuff which will put your costs up...just something to think about.

(I really don't know though, I've never had a party)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Now depends. If you can rent out a room and you have a GF...spend the birthday with the GF (erm, this would depend on whether you're gonna be 14 or 18 on your birthday!)! ;)

If not, it depends on your age...what age are you...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Ain't no party like an alcohol party.
    I presume we're all invited?

Nah seriously though, just invite a load of people round and have the craic..ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If its like an 18th and you want it fairly big I've been at a few good parties in a rented out function room, but you have to pay for a DJ and maybe finger food as well. Could you invite a few people to your house and then more to a pub and head on to a club after? (Provided you're 18, of course :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pity he didn't know sooner.. Coulda hosted the Jizzlers after party! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Youre like 17 are you?
    Im trying to remember from the time me and Soccy were scaring you...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Nice to know my pointless contributions made an impact on people :P (Or Denise Girl anyway)

But the thing about boarding school is that my house is in America, so people can't really come to mine.

But most of my friends have their own houses in Dublin.

I'm 17 (should have mentioned that), so probs no alcohol unless I say BYOB.

... Just thinking over in my head, renting a place and a DJ would probably be the best idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Zaffy wrote: »
    Nice to know my pointless contributions made an impact on people :P (Or Denise Girl anyway)

:pac:

You're funny, can we keep you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

One thing i will say if you have 60 people and are worried about craic. You must have invited 60 subscribers to " Beige Weekly "

enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

A room filled with people that have drink is usually enough to make it a good night. A DJ and lights are optional..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    A room filled with people that have drink is usually enough to make it a good night. A DJ and lights are optional..

Drunken Simon Says.... EPIC!

Not that we condone underage drinking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Drunken Simon Says.... EPIC!

Not that we condone underage drinking :P

Not at all.... maybe a lil bit.

Advertisement