Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eminem Ft. 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Dr Dre, Stat Quo & Ca$his - Syllables

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

was going to start a thread meself about all the leaks.

thats a good track man, you know its recorded few years back. they all sound different especially em and 50 makes sense that its old because cashis and stat quo aint on shady anymore.

here's a few more leaks there dropping like flys, hope there's a few more.

my favorite without a doubt.

bad quailty, full version coming soon, em goes in on officer ricky ross for dissing him.

much rather the version with t.i, but this is clearly unfinished, this is a detox leak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Are they leaks from a new album?

Are they leaks from a new album?

fly away and topless are defiantly not, in fly away he responds to a rick ross diss which goes back a good while and topless has been around at least 2 years with nas and t.i and its heavily linked to detox the other 2 could be leftovers from relapse or recovery, but a popular US dj who leaked cocaine was saying it was meant to be the 1st single from recovery 2 which is due out 2011 and the ft was rumored to be alica keys before it was leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Syllables is pretty poor, Topless with T.I wasn't that good anyway, this version is no better. Kush was an ok song from Detox but if that turns out to be the standard then it's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Recovery was ok but Em needs to step it up a bit on Recovery 2, I have a bad feeling that both albums will have been recorded during the same sessions, and that's not really a good sign, the vibe will be too similiar.

Corholio wrote: »
    Syllables is pretty poor, Topless with T.I wasn't that good anyway, this version is no better. Kush was an ok song from Detox but if that turns out to be the standard then it's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Recovery was ok but Em needs to step it up a bit on Recovery 2, I have a bad feeling that both albums will have been recorded during the same sessions, and that's not really a good sign, the vibe will be too similiar.

A bit negative id have too disagree on pretty much everything except kush, there could of been a better lead single for detox but then again what do we expect look at the bubble gum rap thats out these days to the extent where nearly every mainstream rapper has followed suit.

As far as stepping it up i think he clearly done that from relapse to recovery, I dont think think he can step it up anymore, he's clearly raping 9/10 tracks he's on lately, what do you want him to do? forget the eminem we heard on marshall mathers lp etc we'l never get that.

topless is a pretty good track in my opinion so maybe thats just down to preference but the older version sounds a lot better, em's verse doesnt even sound mixed or mastered.

i like syllables, i like the whole meaning behind it, everyone pretty much lays down good verses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

tbh that guy sounds like a guy who doesnt really like dre/em/50...

im feeling all the songs leaked,difficult is,well difficult,its a difficult listen,really heart felt,like the sort of song em didnt want anyone else to hear.
    sylables is fire,song got played constantly yesterday on hot 97,and no doubt today as well.
    cocaine could easily have been an album cut,surprised it never made it,maybe it didnt fit the tone.
    topless im only hearing now for the first time,sounds cool on first listen.
    fly away i hope leaks in its entirety,have a feeling if em is going at the cop it will be tame but id love the cop to reply so em could destroy him once and for all.
    all in all they all hot songs,including kush.

A bit negative id have too disagree on pretty much everything except kush, there could of been a better lead single for detox but then again what do we expect look at the bubble gum rap thats out these days to the extent where nearly every mainstream rapper has followed suit.

As far as stepping it up i think he clearly done that from relapse to recovery, I dont think think he can step it up anymore, he's clearly raping 9/10 tracks he's on lately, what do you want him to do? forget the eminem we heard on marshall mathers lp etc we'l never get that.

topless is a pretty good track in my opinion so maybe thats just down to preference but the older version sounds a lot better, em's verse doesnt even sound mixed or mastered.

i like syllables, i like the whole meaning behind it, everyone pretty much lays down good verses.

To be honest stepping it up from Relapse wouldnt be hard because Relapse should never have made it past the studio. I'm a fan of Em no doubt, but i don't agree about "raping" 9/10 of the tracks he's been on lately. He's laying good verses but nothing spectacular IMO. Who said I wanted Marshall Mather LP?? I just feel he can do better.
    Hugh Cream wrote: »
    tbh that guy sounds like a guy who doesnt really like dre/em/50...

im feeling all the songs leaked,difficult is,well difficult,its a difficult listen,really heart felt,like the sort of song em didnt want anyone else to hear.
    sylables is fire,song got played constantly yesterday on hot 97,and no doubt today as well.
    cocaine could easily have been an album cut,surprised it never made it,maybe it didnt fit the tone.
    topless im only hearing now for the first time,sounds cool on first listen.
    fly away i hope leaks in its entirety,have a feeling if em is going at the cop it will be tame but id love the cop to reply so em could destroy him once and for all.
    all in all they all hot songs,including kush.

No, i'm a guy with an opinion. I am a fan of Dre/Em/50, although 50 hasn't put out anything of worth in quite a long while let's be honest. Being played on hot 97 is hardly a sign a song is good, Syllables just dosent do anything for me really, and if it is really a few years old and hasnt been heard until now, maybe there's a reason it hasn't.

As for Fly Away, i'd like to hear all of it definitely, i miss Em dissing someone, actually I miss anyone dissing anyone. Ross is a very poor rapper but Em dissing him won't stop him in the slightest really, he's a club rapper really, he'll always make money from the beats he has. Never quite got the whole thing with people calling him a "cop", ya he was outed, but some people swear they are in the hip hop business and feel personally outraged or something.

To be honest stepping it up from Relapse wouldnt be hard because Relapse should never have made it past the studio. I'm a fan of Em no doubt, but i don't agree about "raping" 9/10 of the tracks he's been on lately. He's laying good verses but nothing spectacular IMO. Who said I wanted Marshall Mather LP?? I just feel he can do better.

there was a few nice tracks on relapse but for the best part it was terrible that stupid accent done him no favors. how much better do you think he can do thats my point?.. I said marshall mathers lp because arguably thats his best work so to step it up to that level the way em is now is a pretty big ask.

Recovery was a quailty album and he is clearly killing most of the tracks he's ft on so where's this coming from? the whole i expect better:confused: i know its your opinion bud but he's only human.

as far as verses go he's laid down a couple of mean verses lately, totally eclipsing any rapper he's with on a track lil wayne, t.i etc, bar royce da 5'9 who i feel can keep up with him and even better him.

No, i'm a guy with an opinion. I am a fan of Dre/Em/50, although 50 hasn't put out anything of worth in quite a long while let's be honest. Being played on hot 97 is hardly a sign a song is good, Syllables just dosent do anything for me really, and if it is really a few years old and hasnt been heard until now, maybe there's a reason it hasn't.

As for Fly Away, i'd like to hear all of it definitely, i miss Em dissing someone, actually I miss anyone dissing anyone. Ross is a very poor rapper but Em dissing him won't stop him in the slightest really, he's a club rapper really, he'll always make money from the beats he has. Never quite got the whole thing with people calling him a "cop", ya he was outed, but some people swear they are in the hip hop business and feel personally outraged or something.
    Ye see ye lost me when ye said 50 hasn't put out ANYTHING of worth in quite some time,how can you claim to be a fan and then completely ignore what it is he's putting out.
    Fair enough you have an opinion,your opinion is everything dropped the last few days is trash,I'm baffled by such an opinion but hey your entitled to your own opinion.

How can perfect be bettered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

How can perfect be bettered?

Less singing and less controversial samples maybe.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Less singing and less controversial samples maybe.

i think em pretty much always sang to an extent but id agree lately its on another level but to be honest his verses have been on another level too.

im kind of liking some of the samples to be honest, i think there actually very well done but id say im on me own on that one:D

i think em pretty much always sang to an extent but id agree lately its on another level but to be honest his verses have been on another level too.

im kind of liking some of the samples to be honest, i think there actually very well done but id say im on me own on that one:D

I loved Recovery, goes without saying that it was one of the best albums of the year. The singing and samples didn't really bother me but I found that most reviews touched on them saying they didn't really suit Eminem and I agree with them to an extent, but I also think it will be hard to top Recovery but I think Em will be able to do it if he really wants to.

The singing never bothered me,because like the funny voices i dont think its as prominent as people suggest.
    and the samples I liked,I appreciated em going places he's never gone before,that's the reason he chose to step out from dres shadow.

like the funny voices i dont think its as prominent as people suggest.

In all fairness the accents were getting ridiculous, I wouldn't mind if he did it a couple of bars to make it funny but he had two albums where he was doing whole songs that consisted of him using an annoying accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

50 is ropey watch urself

InLl all fairness the accents were getting ridiculous, I wouldn't mind if he did it a couple of bars to make it funny but he had two albums where he was doing whole songs that consisted of him using an annoying accent.
    I didn't find it annoying though because as I said,it wasn't as prominent as people suggested.
    It was like if he even broke into the accent for a few lines people would think there's the song ruined.
    It honestly wasn't that bad,not to me in any how.

Ye see ye lost me when ye said 50 hasn't put out ANYTHING of worth in quite some time,how can you claim to be a fan and then completely ignore what it is he's putting out.
    Fair enough you have an opinion,your opinion is everything dropped the last few days is trash,I'm baffled by such an opinion but hey your entitled to your own opinion.

What??

That makes no sense. So your saying to be a fan of someone you must like every single thing an artist puts out regardless of quality? I haven't ignored his music, ive heard all his album's and feel his output has been pretty poor the last few albums.

I also never said anything was "trash", at least read my post. If you think everything that's dropped lately is simply incredible and mindblowing then fair enough.

See, you didn't say it was simply incredible and mindblowing did you.

What??

That makes no sense. So your saying to be a fan of someone you must like every single thing an artist puts out regardless of quality? I haven't ignored his music, ive heard all his album's and feel his output has been pretty poor the last few albums.

I also never said anything was "trash", at least read my post. If you think everything that's dropped lately is simply incredible and mindblowing then fair enough.

See, you didn't say it was simply incredible and mindblowing did you.
    My bad I paraphrased a bit but I figured I had license to,after all nothing of worth and trash more or less equates to the same thing,no?
    I don't know,I feel he's dropped plenty of great material,which is why I said what I did,to me forever king is excellent,war angel ain't to shabby either.
    Before I self destruct has it's moments,there's some very strong songs on there.
    That's my opinion though,just find it strange a fan would dismiss forever king as nothing of worth.
    Unless your one of those who doesn't count mixtapes.

My bad I paraphrased a bit but I figured I had license to,after all nothing of worth and trash more or less equates to the same thing,no?
    I don't know,I feel he's dropped plenty of great material,which is why I said what I did,to me forever king is excellent,war angel ain't to shabby either.
    Before I self destruct has it's moments,there's some very strong songs on there.
    That's my opinion though,just find it strange a fan would dismiss forever king as nothing of worth.
    Unless your one of those who doesn't count mixtapes.

in fairness bisd and those 2 mixtapes are going back to 09 nearly 2 years now.

but he is at this moment quite relevant he's ft on a fair few successful tracks in the states the last few months.

but bisd was bad bar a few songs a huge letdown, ever since he got rid of sha money as his manager things arnt going so good solo wise for 50, sha use to pick some incredible beats for him.

• Advertisement

in fairness bisd and those 2 mixtapes are going back to 09 nearly 2 years now.

but he is at this moment quite relevant he's ft on a fair few successful tracks in the states the last few months.

but bisd was bad bar a few songs a huge letdown, ever since he got rid of sha money as his manager things arnt going so good solo wise for 50, sha use to pick some incredible beats for him.
    I know they were a few years ago but he hasnt released much since then so thats all we have to go on,when someone says he hasnt releasEd anything of worth of late you have to reference their last pieces of work.
    I mean even that sunday morning track is quite good.

I know they were a few years ago but he hasnt released much since then so thats all we have to go on,when someone says he hasnt releasEd anything of worth of late you have to reference their last pieces of work.
    I mean even that sunday morning track is quite good.

Sunday morning, they burn me and rock a bye baby are all quality tracks and have been released recently too, cant believe they didn't make bisd.

i think the album structure was terrible and it just sounded cheap and rushed for me, by far his worse album.

i reckon 50 will come strong in 11 he is due another album, he usually goes once every 2 years (black magic or heartless monster i think its going to be called)

personally i think fif needs to concentrate more on the music,never mind the numbers and definitely forget about the label politics.
    seemed like he was just trying to run down his contract at one point,and thats all he was thinking about.
    he proves with his mixtapes that when its only about the music that he can produce greatness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Personally i liked bisd.Yeah there's a few crap tracks on it but still some quality ones like stretch and crimewave.
    Anyway, read today that eminem may well be doing a gig in marley park this summer.

Anyway, read today that eminem may well be doing a gig in marley park this summer.

Where'd you read that?

Where'd you read that?

In the Star,not 100% reputable I know,but apparently hes headlining at V Festival this year and he's in line to do the Marley Park gig in the summer.Nothing confirmed yet though.

Eminem-Grammy_Noms_And_Leaks.jpg

Eminem Talks Leaked Singles And Grammy Nominations aswell as a bit on touring, if he is going to the uk good chance he might pop over here that would explain a lot of roumers flying round that he's coming.

Shady reacts to his Grammy nods, and explains the trio of leaked songs that are most likely the byproduct of a 2009 trip to Hawaii with Dr. Dre.

Eminem’s Recovery is currently ranked as the seventh album on Billboard magazine’s Hot 200, and it’s spent 27 weeks on the chart. Recovery is one of three Em albums occupying space on the Hot 200, as the double-platinum offerings Relapse (184) and Curtain Call: The Hits (155) also continue to chart. Eminem has gone on record many times explaining that he was unsatisfied with the direction Relapse took, going so far as to address it on “Not Afraid.” In a recent interview with Billboard, Em addresses the material he made between 2007 and 2010, which would presumably include recently leaked tracks such as “Syllables,” “Cocaine” and “Difficult.”

“I probably recorded about 15 songs,” Eminem told Billboard, recounting a 2009 trip to Hawaii with Dr. Dre. “And I think the latter half of those, probably about the last three or four felt lik, ‘OK, I’m starting to get back to normal again. This feels more like me now.’”

While Recovery boasts international sales of over 5.6 million, the album has enjoyed critical success too in the form of four Grammy nominations.

“I’m obviously happy with the way that people have received the album,” Em added. “As far as what I’ve accomplished with it, I don’t know. I’m just happy to be here. I’m happy to be able to have a career as long as I’ve had.”

It appears that same happiness could also spread to fans in the UK, as Eminem is reportedly in negotiations to co-headline this year’s V Festival with The Arctic Monkeys. The British tabloid The Daily Star cited an unnamed source while reporting that Rihanna was rumored to join Em for a live version of “Love the Way You Lie,” should he finalize the deal to co-headline the outdoor festival. Lineups for the V Fest are still somewhat fluid, but this year’s festival will take place in Staffordshire, West Midlands, and Essex, East England in August. More information is available at the official V Fest site.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13569/title.eminem-talks-leaked-singles-and-grammy-nominations

loads flying around now about more leaked eminem songs coming soon, found this on a few hip hop sites.

koololeaks.jpg?width=750

loads flying around now about more leaked eminem songs coming soon, found this on a few hip hop sites.

Thats the guy on twitter, cant think of the name but he had something like "Love the way I share" on his page. Royce called him out on Twitter and the two of them had words, he hasn't leaked anything in the last few weeks though (not that I'm aware of anyway).

Would absolutely love to hear the song with Drake though, was only thinking the other day before "Thank Me Later" dropped Drake said he did a song with Eminem and it was produced by Dre, always wondered why it never made the album.

• Advertisement

Here's the guys Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Not_Afraid2Leak

koololeaks.jpg?width=750

Nice. Always look forward to hearing Em over an Alchemist beat.

The 'Picture Perfect' song I definitely remember hearing about around the time of Recovery so could be true alright.

well koolo is startin to leak tracks, its not on his list but its new eminem i say da full one will be leaked soon going by cocaine etc. love to know he gets them more than likely hacking through accounts.

well koolo is startin to leak tracks, its not on his list but its new eminem i say da full one will be leaked soon going by cocaine etc. love to know he gets them more than likely hacking through accounts

He said he pays his source $800 for each song. Guessing it's an engineer at Interscope or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Here's the guys Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Not_Afraid2Leak
    He has leaked a D12 song on his Twitter now.

Jigga wrote: »
    He has leaked a D12 song on his Twitter now.

Finally, been waiting weeks for something new. Hopefully we get to hear the track with Drake soon.

EDIT: Just listened to the D12 track, couldn't make it past Bizzare's verse, absolutely awful.

• Advertisement

here's skylar grey's version of love the way you lie with a new eminem verse and rihanna hook.

http://diversehiphop.com/2011/02/skylar-grey-love-the-way-you-lie/

and a d12 track prob the one ye are on about, i think its good.

full version of give me ball just leaked, its alright.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/en/play/s/af87b3e-180613/

Ful lversion of this is out now,pretty good imo
    mufcboy actually posted this on another thread before me,apologies.

Advertisement