Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outrage of National Aquatic Centre Admission prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

monkeyduff wrote: »
    I explained that if they lowered their prices they may see an increase in the number of people making use !

This philosophy has proven to be false in general.

Indeed you post confirms this, extending the cheaper rates won't work either.

Cost is a problem and I agree that it's too much, it always was too much, we just notice it even more.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Could we agree to keep the term "outrage" to describe really outrageous situations such as:

- bank bailouts,
    - patients on trolleys in hospitals,
    - failing water supplies for large regions,
    - children in delapidated prefab schools ?

For minor price-related gripes for luxury items I suggest the term "disquiet" or "browned-off" or maybe we could dispense with the adverbs and adjectives altogether ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

n97 mini wrote: »

Like the ESB, they're expensive and don't need to lower their prices as they've still loads of customers.

Plenty of threads I'm sure to complain about ESB prices and I don't want to this thread to detour into a debate on them but I couldn't let that one slip by. ESB prices are set by the CER and not by ESB and ESB are not allowed lower their prices until Airtricity/Bord Gais get 40% of customers.

Now back to the NAC.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Plenty of threads I'm sure to complain about ESB prices and I don't want to this thread to detour into a debate on them but I couldn't let that one slip by. ESB prices are set by the CER and not by ESB and ESB are not allowed lower their prices until Airtricity/Bord Gais get 40% of customers.

Now back to the NAC.....

I didn't say they can't set prices. I did say they're expensive, yet don't need to cut prices as evidenced by their market share. Ironically you hinted at the size of their market share in your post.

The NAC is very expensive, but if all you are after is a swim then Coolmine has a decent enough pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

some bizarre posts on this thread to say the least.
    an old saying , more money than sense springs to mind.

anyways.
    i was looking to take a family of 4 today for a swim.
    52 euro. thats steep for a swim like.

cop on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    some bizarre posts on this thread to say the least.
    an old saying , more money than sense springs to mind.

anyways.
    i was looking to take a family of 4 today for a swim.
    52 euro. thats steep for a swim like.

cop on

Go at peak time. Pay peak time prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

BostonB wrote: »
    Go at peak time. Pay peak time prices.

the peak price should be 26 euro, 52 euro is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

the peak price should be 26 euro, 52 euro is ridiculous

If they can fill the place at those prices then should they not try to?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

It's government subsidized so it should be cheaper. I want to start swimming so I checked out their prices. €13.50 for a swim in the 50m pool on or off-peak!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Should be cheaper, exercise is a good thing.

Max i'd expect to pay is 8 euro / adult at peak time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If you want a good deal for a family swim, I took my family - two adults and two kids to the leisure centre in Jobstown, Tallaght, last saturday for €12.

Thats fair and absolutely nothing wrong with it.

See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Perhaps they should open up Dunlaoghaire Baths again.

It use to be 6d for adults and 3d for kids, everyone could afford it. :D

1444h89.jpg

What fond memories ....swallowing mouthfuls of sea water and being charged for it

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

If you want a good deal for a family swim, I took my family - two adults and two kids to the leisure centre in Jobstown, Tallaght, last saturday for €12.

Thats fair and absolutely nothing wrong with it.

See here

+1 great centre and super value - Clondalkin about 10 mins down the road is the same setup \ price.

http://www.clondalkinleisure.com/clondalkin/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What fond memories ....swallowing mouthfuls of sea water and being charged for it

Horror memories of the place would be turds bobbing up and down in the water.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

on peak in Roscrea 20euro for my family of 2 adults and 3 kids. For the moment good value as the kids cant swim so it great for getting them used to the water.

Advertisement