Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA - problem with just one frequnecy

• 29-12-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've got FTA installed all around the house. Its a self-install so I'm fairly techy and understand a fair bit about it.

Basically my problem is that recently some of the UTV/ITV channels have started to lose signal...i.e the whole 10906V transponder. Its on all the boxes connected to the dish, which leads me to believe its a problem at the dish/lnb end. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get up on a ladder yet as the weather has been so bad!

At first I thought it was snow related as it seemed intermittent, but every other channel is working perfectly, and the sky is clear today and the problem still exists. Could it be an LNB failure problem do ye think?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

It could be lnb skew, dish alignment or a problem with the LNB itself

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

I noticed a few losses of signal with that TP myself a couple of nights ago, almost certain it was ITV3, I was watching an episode of Poirot. Had a look at the dish, thought maybe it was windy out, but it was calm that night. Alignment is good, and this TP is on the 2D beam.

My other thought was that the LNB was flakey, as the dish is near the ground, and it got covered with snow one of those nights last week, so I was thinking maybe some water got into the cable, or maybe temperatures had an effect, or a combination, but most other channels I tried at the time I had the loss were ok. UTV was acting up as well at the time, and it's on the same TP.

Maybe there was a problem where ever the signals are uploaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If it helps, I think I noticed some slight breakup on UTV over the Christmas period, and this was on a 2 month old dish and LNB. I'm not fully certain if it was on UTV but I do know I never noticed it on any other channel...

Advertisement