Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought House in 2008, can I get grants?

• 29-12-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in insulating a house I bought in 2008. It was then about ten years old.

Someone told me I may not be eligible for the grants available though as I recently bought the house? Is that correct?

I'd be interested in getting the walls beaded and insultaion put between the roof rafters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

AFAIK the grant is based on the age of the house (pre '06) and has nothing to do with when it was bought. You will be asked to submit your MPRN number on your electricity bill and that shows when the house was first connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

muffler wrote: »
    AFAIK the grant is based on the age of the house (pre '06) and has nothing to do with when it was bought. You will be asked to submit your MPRN number on your electricity bill and that shows when the house was first connected.

Where do I go to apply for the grant?
    Can I apply now to see if I'm eligible and then not actually do the work until the Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donsull

hi ya lads,im currently burning oil as my main heat supply.
    it has costed me well over 600 euro this winter and thinking of switching to natural gas.
    can i be in reciept of a grant to do this or do i just have to cough up the full amount to change over,?any ideas please,don

SEI will assist with grants. You need to use contractors on their approved list.

Not sure about the time frame but have a check through their site and you will probably get the details.

donsull wrote: »
    hi ya lads,im currently burning oil as my main heat supply.
    it has costed me well over 600 euro this winter and thinking of switching to natural gas.
    can i be in reciept of a grant to do this or do i just have to cough up the full amount to change over,?any ideas please,don
    You need to install a new boiler, upgrade heating controls or insulate the walls/attic to qualify for the SEI grant.

Check the details on the link I posted above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 donsull

thanks muffler,will have a look at the site cheers bud...

Advertisement