Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss Adjuster

Options
  • 29-12-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

I know I'm hawking Boards this morning but a friend of mine recommend i use a loss adjuster for 2 home insurance claims i have. I want to claim for a central heating boiler and a well water system both of which froze and cracked during the bad weather. The total for both comes to roughly €5,000 I have written quotes for both from plumber and water system company. I rang a local loss adjuster who said they charge 10% of my total claim plus vat and to submit the quotes they will negotiate the best settlement for me.

My question is i have two quotes so how do they negotiate the best settlement for me. If i use the loss adjuster I will have out of pocket expenses of roughly €600 i.e. their fee. If there was interior damage done due to water leakage then i am sure it would be worth going with them but as it is only for parts and labour i don't think it is the best option for me. I havent rang my insurance company yet to advise them as i cant get through to them but am assuming i am covered as my policy states "damage underground services, water pipes water and heating installations damage to any fixed water or heating installation caused by freezing". Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement