Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Music 2011

Options
  • 29-12-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Who is everyone looking forward to releasing a debut album or new album in 2011??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Are you looking forward to any yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Really looking forward to some Irish bands releasing some new stuff. Hope U2 release an album. Really looking forward to Aslan's new album and I hope Damien Dempsey releases one too.

2010 was good for Irish music with The Script getting number 1 here and in the UK, and hopefully they will do very well in the USA in 2011. Villagers and Imelda May had a great year too.

It's nice to see Irish artists on top of the Irish charts here and abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm looking forward to the new X Factor releases because it will be songs that I already know but either be done by that lazy good looking nobody that cries a lot because making loads of money and being popular for doing very little has always been their dream or that slightly fat and ugly working class nobody and I can really get behind that kind of hype once it's marketed properly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm looking forward to Adele's new album. Think it's out in January or February. The songs I've heard from it already are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Really looking forward to Vanessa Carltons fourth studio album, hopefully in the first part of 2011.

Have heard some of the possible tracks live, just her and the piano and they sound great, will be looking forward to how they sound with some production.

Would really love if she finds the same commercial success of her debut album back in 2002, she really deserves it, that said I'm sure she will continue to put on great live shows in intimate settings for her loyal supporters across the States, like she has done over the past few years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

neil_18_ wrote: »

2010 was good for Irish music with The Script getting number 1 here and in the UK, and hopefully they will do very well in the USA in 2011.

Are they even really Irish?Maybe I'm just hoping they aren't to save our tarnished musical reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I'm looking forward for Dye It Blonde by Smith Westerns, which leaked last night.Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭seniorolaighin

Malice_ wrote: »

yep.....adele......lady gaga.......but also some newbies like james blake.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

yea im looking forward to a few such as

beady eyes album
    kasabians 4th album
    dr dre detox
    hopefully radiohead and arctic monkeys will have an album out aswell
    also blur are spose to be recording a new album that be mega and im going to check this band brother out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

J. Cole. Kanye Mk.II, will hopefully be the next big thing in Hip-Hop.

James Blake. Minimalist, ambient dubstep/electronic stuff, top quality.

Jessie J, who beat Blake to the Critic's Choice Awards at the Brits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Looking forward to a proper release from these guys, they're working on a debut album as far as I know, so fingers crossed it's released and decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Malice_ wrote: »

Can't wait for Beady Eyes album

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lookin forward to blink 182 new record and angels and airwaves

james blake and others aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Really looking forward to some Irish bands releasing some new stuff. Hope U2 release an album. Really looking forward to Aslan's new album and I hope Damien Dempsey releases one too.

2010 was good for Irish music with The Script getting number 1 here and in the UK, and hopefully they will do very well in the USA in 2011. Villagers and Imelda May had a great year too.

It's nice to see Irish artists on top of the Irish charts here and abroad.

I think they couldn't misrepresent us more.

The Script are a boy band with guitars. Sing and sound American.

Imelda May is souless rockabilly with teenage lyrics.

And U2.......old men out of touch. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Albums or possible albums i'm looking forward to in 2011:

New Radiohead album
    New Fleet Foxes
    The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar (being released this month)
    New Boards Of Canada album (please?)
    New Aphex Twin (please?)
    The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart's second album
    New M83 album
    Camera Obscura (maybe?)
    New PJ Harvey album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Most of the ones I'm looking forward are far from certain to come out but:

Rumour has it Blur are thinking of recording a new album in 2011. Probably a load of nonsense but that could be really interesting, so I hope it comes together.

Also Velvet Revolver are supposed to be close to confirming a new singer and if that's the case they could have something out towards the end of the year. Lots of mystery over who the singer is but I've heard M. Shadows being mentioned due to A7X's uncertain future and his collaboration with Slash, which would be pretty cool. Other names getting thrown around are Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother. Either way as long as it's not Scott Weiland I'm happy, he's a good singer and all just never liked the guy's style.

I've seen a couple of interviews with Zack de la Rocha where he said RATM are starting to work on a new album and it could be out this summer. Hard to say what that will turn out like but it could be unbelievable.

Every chance Radiohead will have their next album out this year. That's always something to look forward to.

REM have a new album out in March. I'd like to hope that will be great but they haven't really had their head in the game for years now. Still I'm being optimistic this year. Would like to see them put out at least one more quality album.

Tenacious D are expecting to put a new album out towards the end of the year, which is always good craic.

Also Foo Fighters are finished up recording their 7th studio album and it's due out sometime in the first half of the year. One of the most consistently solid rock bands of the last decade in my opinion so will be expecting another quality piece of work from them.

Rumours abound of a new Soundgarden album at some point in the future since they re-united last year. Would be their first album in 15 or 16 years, so impossible to tell how good or bad it would be after so much time apart. But they are all still extremely talented guys who have been gigging and writing at a high level with top bands in the intervening years so no reason why it couldn't be incredible.

=========================================================

I'm sure I'm missing out a couple of obvious and not so obvious ones in there as well so all and all, if everything goes to plan it's looking like an unbelievable year of music to look forward to.

Actually quite looking forward to the new Siriusmo album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I’m looking forward to a new Fall album.

I reckon it will be a 4/5 star album, that’s better than the last one but not as good as Hex Enduction Hour.

I predict that it’ll feature a cover of a vaguely-obscure Garage Rock tune, heavy use of tape-loops and M.E.S will play a Theremin on the obligatory 10 minute+ experimental track.

Lyrical references will include: Gareth Bale, Come Dine With Me and Jersey Shore.

Gareth Bale's warbly hardly broken Welsh vocals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

So, this Blake lad's guaranteed album of the year in January then.

It's getting some pretty strong reviews, thought the album wasn't out 'till February.

One reviewer suggested that the December leak and subsequent internet hype were planned.

Suppose I should go and listen to it then....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Can't fookin wait for the new chili peppers album, they've a new guitarist but i heard they've been influenced loads by Fele Kuti and the likes. So i don't think there'll be as much synthy pop tunes like on stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bennygood

New Chili Peppers album wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I'm really looking forward to the new music from Soundgarden.

Advertisement