Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Account Number query.

• 29-12-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to return to Eircom but the online template won't accept my account number. It says that my UAN is required to begin with a number between 4 and 9. However the number on my previous Eircom bill, the number Imagine used to take over my account, begins with a 2. In fact I've been through both my former Eircom and current Imagine bills with a fine tooth comb and I can't find a single 8 digit reference that starts with a number between 4 and 9. What's the story?

I tried to call Eircom but the number didn't connect. Imagine said they'd mail it but guess what? To be honest I don't think I fancy either of them at this stage. Unfortunately though even if I wanted to go with another fixed line company I'd still have to take my line back to Eircom first. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Unfortunately though even if I wanted to go with another fixed line company I'd still have to take my line back to Eircom first.

No you don't, but you will still need the UAN to move to another provider. If you move back to eircom, you will be with them for a fixes contract period that will prevent you moving to any other provider.

Tell Imagine to give you your UAN, and if they refuse, contact Comreg to tell them to light a fire under Imagine.

Advertisement