Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson

Options
  • 29-12-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Does nayone know where I can get a cheap Dyson Animal? They seem to cost a fortune to replace!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Harvey Norman were doing em at €99 the other day when I went out for a look.
    Friend of mine bought two while I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

arent they the old models?? the dc 16?? plus they only have 15 per store...im looking for a dyson dc31 animal..any ideas??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Got mine from Amazon. Currently £135.63 delivered direct from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to 'Requests'.

OP.. when dealing with a request, please use this forum in future.

Thanks.

where would be the cheapest place to buy a dyson dc 31 animal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

I got a Dyson DC32 today and I am delighted with it. I have wanted one for ages so it was alittle christmas pressie to myself. I had priced them before christmas and the cheapest in ireland was in harvey normans for 315 euro. But got mine today in Argos for 266 euro (and if you print off the voucher on the argos website - you get a 25 euro voucher for argos as well). I know they are probably cheaper on Amazon or in the UK, but I think I got a good deal. I was told that the 5 year warantee is only valid in the country of purchase, so I was abit wary of buying one in the UK and then having to send it back there if anything went wrong with it.

So - spoil my glory someone and tell me where I could have bought it cheaper !!!

im looking for the dyson animal handheld model

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gar318is

this might help where currently on the hunt for a dyson dc29 the best price i could find it was 189e everywhere else was at least 299e we found it in power city also argos are having a sale at the moment on all dysons, harvey normans are by far the dearest from there website ,

just checked there the dyson dc32 animal has been reduced from 425e to 266e and to the op the dyson animal handheld is reduced from 229 to 155e

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4064389/Trail/searchtext%3EDYSON.htm dyson dc32 animal

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0884116/Trail/searchtext%3EDYSON.htm dyson handheld animal

before i buy the handheld..does anyone no if it will be good for cleaning the stairs??do they have a decent suction??we have dogs and have to vaacume every 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Damien360

PaddyJules wrote: »
    I got a Dyson DC32 today and I am delighted with it. I have wanted one for ages so it was alittle christmas pressie to myself. I had priced them before christmas and the cheapest in ireland was in harvey normans for 315 euro. But got mine today in Argos for 266 euro (and if you print off the voucher on the argos website - you get a 25 euro voucher for argos as well). I know they are probably cheaper on Amazon or in the UK, but I think I got a good deal. I was told that the 5 year warantee is only valid in the country of purchase, so I was abit wary of buying one in the UK and then having to send it back there if anything went wrong with it.

So - spoil my glory someone and tell me where I could have bought it cheaper !!!

Thank you very much. Was in Harvey Normans today and we decided on this DC32. They wanted 360 at the current sale price and no more haggling. We walked away to check online and this came up on a google search. Reserved in Portlaoise for tomorrow. Might make a quick spin into Harvey Normans in the morning with the printout and haggle a bit. If all else fails then Portlaoise it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

PaddyJules wrote: »

Did that one in Argos (DC32 Animal 266 euro) come with the turbine head as standard, or is it a normal vacuum head? The only DC32 listed on the dyson.ie website is the Animalpro which looks different than the image on the Argos site:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4064389/Trail/searchtext%3EDYSON.htm

Our dog is winning the battle with the carpet bigtime, so we need to sort something out.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Damien360

druidhill wrote: »
    Did that one in Argos (DC32 Animal 266 euro) come with the turbine head as standard, or is it a normal vacuum head? The only DC32 listed on the dyson.ie website is the Animalpro which looks different than the image on the Argos site:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4064389/Trail/searchtext%3EDYSON.htm

Our dog is winning the battle with the carpet bigtime, so we need to sort something out.

Thanks.

It contains everything. Turbine head, a mini turbine head, a main floor head, and 3 other mini tools attached to the body. We had only just done the floor with our own one that morning. We used the dyson and couldn't believe what came up. 266 is an amazing price for the dyson. Website picture is correct but name is wrong, it is the animal and not the smaller pro. Dc32 is what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

When you click on that argos link, price is 293 now.
    Price must've gone back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

shame about the argos link. I was in Harvey Normans lasst week and got them to price promise, the argos link indicated 321.

They were originally asking 469 but there web offer knocked 100 of that straight away.

If anyone needs any recommendation, the DC32 is a fantastic piece of kit. Fantastic suction.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm on the look out for Dyson at the moment, in the Cork area (but I travel a bit around the country). Is powercity still the cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

me too, any luck ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

me too, any luck ?

No, but I'm still looking! If anyone sees any on sale anywhere let me know. There are handhelds in Tesco for €134. I would love one but can't really justify buying something that you have to charge for 3.5 hours to use for 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

The DC32 is reduced in price again in Argos at €259.99, other retailers like Hardly Normal etc are retailing it at €299.99 if dory and Curious George are still on the lookout?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

ncur wrote: »
    The DC32 is reduced in price again in Argos at €259.99, other retailers like Hardly Normal etc are retailing it at €299.99 if dory and Curious George are still on the lookout?

price gone back up to €379.99

• Advertisement
Advertisement