Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobby Powers Carrick Wheelers Challenge Sportive 2011

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

cantalach wrote: »
    This be them:

The-Gap-of-Rathclarish-iv1.jpg

there is a limit to color matching !!!!! but then again the male population are color blind. you must have lost a bet or something ?

rigal wrote: »
    Yeah, marshall would have been handy alright or even a stop sign for the road that was intersecting.

No, just had the black knee warmers on (thankfully!). I probably was beside you there as well. There seemed to be a group of us that lost the lead group on the climbs every time :rolleyes:.

Definitely remember catching the lead group with you at one stage although I can't remember where we were - route turned into a bit of a blur as not at familiar with that part of the country.

yeah i just was not confident there, unsure of right of way. ah yep saw ur pic. We had 2 north tipp wheelers also worked all together on the down hill road from grangemockler ( where we stopped as people were exiting a church and we were coming onto a mian road, Rory Wyley marshalling) to kilsheelin. Eventually we caught the main group.

thank god the O Groman brothers and Barry meehan kept the pace handy along there.

rigal wrote: »
    Yeah, marshall would have been handy alright or even a stop sign for the road that was intersecting.

No, just had the black knee warmers on (thankfully!). I probably was beside you there as well. There seemed to be a group of us that lost the lead group on the climbs every time :rolleyes:.

Definitely remember catching the lead group with you at one stage although I can't remember where we were - route turned into a bit of a blur as not at familiar with that part of the country.

where are u from ? I am from Clonmel. up the road from where we were cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

No Michael I was in the blue of Waterford. I can't seem to load up the photo here but I'm image 17 of 40 on the Carrick website. Was looking out for ye myself but could see no sign of the head cam.

Muckers wrote: »
    No Michael I was in the blue of Waterford. I can't seem to load up the photo here but I'm image 17 of 40 on the Carrick website. Was looking out for ye myself but could see no sign of the head cam.

ah yeah . left it at home in the end !!!

things i had forgotten about, the llamas, the emus, , did you do the full circuit ? that breeze up the last part of mahon falls was welcome !!

roll on 2012.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Here I am. Yep did the full 163k in 6:52. Happy with that on that route.

The-Gap-of-Rathclarish-xi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dowtcha

Joe Cashin seems to have captured just about everyone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Wasnt there a guy with a camera on top of Mahon falls. Anybody see them photos yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Phil2me

Yeah there was just as you veered right towards the top, after steep section (sorry steeper section).
    Haven't seen any of those photos yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

michael196 wrote: »
    where are u from ? I am from Clonmel. up the road from where we were cycling.

From Derry but living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

on behalf of the club i would like to thank everyone for riding the event. we are glad to report that the event passed off safely which is the main concern.

i would like to thank you all for your positive comments and all suggestions will be taken on board, i especially agree with numbering the challenges so that people will know where they are on the course

we hope to see you all again next year

john

Mags' and Anne's Winter Spins...actually.

Thanks, with all the smart answers coming back , I didn't twig this was the correct one, sussed it out today on the WW200 Thread.Fully up to speed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

there is a limit to color matching !!!!! but then again the male population are color blind. you must have lost a bet or something ?

No, I won a bet... with God. In return he made me look awesome.

Dirk has no limits:

so thats cantalach in the piture with the arm warmers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Yep, thats the grumpy ole bastard:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

Ah, no. The dude in the picture with the stripey arm warmers is Dirk Voodoo.

I am the lanky but tastefully-dressed guy on the Cervélo, second from the right in this photo taken at the top of Knocknaree/Powers-the-Pot.

162918.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Keep telling Dirk they look ridiculous, because he won't listen to me.

it was soooo wet damp and miserable up there ......

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Whats a derailleur?

Michael196, seriously Dirk is hot!

I would tap that!

• Advertisement

aahhhhmmmmm......:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

cantalach wrote: »
    ...I am the lanky but tastefully-dressed guy on the Cervélo, second from the right in this photo taken at the top of Knocknaree/Powers-the-Pot.

162918.jpg

Cant be you, wheres the vapour trail as you blow the hill apart !

He was been a gentleman and waiting for me as he had dropped me on descent after first climb up Powers......

Advertisement