Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan Athletic v Arsenal - 19:45

• 29-12-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

It would be typical Arsenal to lose this game. Wigan have had extra day rest which helps them so interesting to see how many changes Wenger makes. We could go top with a 5-0 win:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

0-5 with 10 mins to go and we end up losing 6-5, i'd put money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Relly dont want to see lots of changes, its a must win game. Batter them early on and get the early goal, and keep the same level going. If we can get oursleves up for this like we did for Chelsea, should be a comfortable win.

3-1 to the Gunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm nervous about this game as its vital that we kick on from the Chelsea win immediately with another win. No other result is acceptable as we have Birmingham away next, followed by Man City at home so it would be very difficult to win both of them matches.

I think we will win so long as the attitude is right and we take the game to them early. I think there may be a coouple of changes. I think Chamakh will come in for V.Persie and Arshavin will come in, with Nasri slotting into the Fabregas role with him being suspended. Our away form has been excellent this season, so hopefully another 3 points on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

At least Arsenal have Arshavin, Chamakh and Diaby to come in fresh, so hopefully the team wont be too jaded after the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I've noticed after the big games Spurs have played in this year, its very hard to motivate yourself for a game like this after such a big match before. I still expect Arsenal to win by 2 goals, but I cant see them giving an inspiring performance. Purely for FF reason I hope it finishes 3-1, all goals coming from Bendtner or some one, just not Chamakh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The way Martinez sets up Wigan should play into our hands tbh. Comfy enough 4-0 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

anyone reckon B52 will play?

anyone reckon B52 will play?

Should do; I rate him better than Chamakh tbh, granted he doesn't work as hard but I just think in my opinion he's the better player and he can be entitled to feel a little hard done by this season based on how many games he's played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

cson wrote: »
    Should do; I rate him better than Chamakh tbh, granted he doesn't work as hard but I just think in my opinion he's the better player and he can be entitled to feel a little hard done by this season based on how many games he's played.

Totally agree. He is a better player, better at creating space for himself and beating a player. I hope he plays tonight because if he doesn't get a run in these games I think he will be gone very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

how likely is nasri to play?
    backed him to score first but now have the feeling he may be rested..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Nasri probably will play because he will be rested for the cup games coming up but wouldn't be 100% sure because if Wenger decides to play Arshavin i can only see him taking off Nasri. Defiantly should start Walcott as he needs more games to build up his confidence.

My prediction:

Fabianski

Sagna
    Koscielny
    Djourou
    Clichy

Song
    Fabregas
    Diaby

Walcott
    Chamakh
    Nasri

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Nasri probably will play because he will be rested for the cup games coming up but wouldn't be 100% sure because if Wenger decides to play Arshavin i can only see him taking off Nasri. Defiantly should start Walcott as he needs more games to build up his confidence.

My prediction:

Fabianski

Sagna
    Koscielny
    Djourou
    Clichy

Song
    Fabregas
    Diaby

Walcott
    Chamakh
    Nasri

Fab is suspended my friend. Methinks we'll see Rosicky start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anything other than a win tonight is unacceptable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It would be criminal to drop points tonight after the Chelsea game. I expect a tough first half but Arsenal should be 2 ahead by the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I expect it will be a real slog of a game all right, a score draw is what I'd put my money on.

Arsenal will probably make a lot of changes, I'd expect to see a front 3 of Rosicky, Chamakh, Arshavin and both Diaby and Denilson starting. Eboué could even come into the midfield too depending on the fitness of Nasri or Wilshere after the Chelsea game.

No to mention, Wigan, for all their problems, can play some really good football when the mood takes them. And Arsenal only two days after one of their biggest games of the season puts most teams in a good mood...

Anyone got a decent stream for this?

Cant see Nasri being rested with Fab already out, Wenger would be foolish to send out anything other than his strongest team, 3 pts against Wigan is the same as 3 pts against Chelsea. For obvious reasons I hope ye lose but it should be a handy enough win provided ye take it seriously.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's highly unlikely that Djourou will start a second game so soon; it'll be Squillaci and Koscielny at the back. Arshavin will play too; not sure if it'll be at the expense of Walcott or Nasri though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Team to play Wigan: Fabianski, Sagna, Squillaci, Koscielny, Rosicky, Denilson, Arshavin, Eboue, Chamakh, Bendtner, Diaby

Thats eh, interesting. Eboue at left back and both Bendy and Chamakh starting?

Who the **** is playing LB? :eek:

• Advertisement

Fabianski
    Sagna, Squillaci, Koscielny, Eboue
    Denilson, Diaby
    Bendtner, Rosicky, Arshavin
    Chamakh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Too many changes!

Is Gibbs injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That's surely the weakest team we've put out all season IMO.

edit: the only players retained from the Chelsea game are Koscielny nd Fabianski, the only two i thought played poorly! :eek:

playa3 wrote: »
    Team to play Wigan: Fabianski, Sagna, Squillaci, Koscielny, Rosicky, Denilson, Arshavin, Eboue, Chamakh, Bendtner, Diaby

Thats eh, interesting. Eboue at left back and both Bendy and Chamakh starting?

Flappo

Sagna - Toto - Kos

Eboue - Rosicky - Denilson - Diaby

Arshavin

Chamakh - Bendy

3-4-1-2 Maybe?

Too much time spent on Football Manager :P

It should still have enough to win the game.

Come on boys.

I'd say it'll be

Fabianski

Sagna - Squillaci - Kos - Eboue
    Denilson - Diaby - Rosicky
    Bendnter - Chamakh - Arshavin

does not fill me with joy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

This team selection could come back to haunt wenger, you think he would have learned from the shaktar and braga matches this season

Subs: Szczesny, Nasri, Vela, Walcott, Wilshere, Djourou, Clichy

Why isn't Clichy starting if he's fit enough for the bench?

No Van Persie there either.

van Persie was never going to play 2 games in 2 days.

There's another game coming on Saturday, Wenger has to rotate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

cson wrote: »
    Anyone got a decent stream for this?

http://www.espa.tv/embed.php?channel=rus18&width=780&height=560

No reason he couldn't have at least been on the bench. I agree he had to rotate but it just seems a bit too much all at once. The players should be good enough but they've never really all played together like this in a match before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I will personally murder Wenger if points are dropped tonight. Yes rotation is necessary but that's an awful team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

what is Wenger at. I wont expect much more than a draw with this team. we need all 3 points, no chance of that 5 nil win now to put us top of the table.

The team Arsenal put out has 26 goals and 23 assists between them. I still think we should do it in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Risky stuff from Wenger.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but every team is in the same boat yet no other team have made such drastic changes. It would serve Wenger right if he lost this match, yeh wouldnt see Fergie sending out a second string side unless fully necessary.

He's gonna cost me my fcuking accumulator... :pac:

Some tackle there by Kos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Fingers crossed we,ll push on and get a good result against a tough wigan side tonight.It would be great going in to the new year to drive on from this and boost the confidence of the squad!

Excellent tackle there from Kos after his earlier mistake.

Ah close form Arshavin.

God I hate Diaby

• Advertisement

Arsenal playing pretty brutal atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Wigan are set up perfectly for Arsenal, giving them all the space in the world and constantly losing the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Denilson is truely an idiot can't pass, won't work back. Arsenal are playing brutal then to make matters worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The wigan keeper is such a step up from kirkland who was a disaster imo

Awful defending, peno.

Peno Wigan

1-0.

1-0 Wigan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fcuk this I'm going to sleep.

That was piss poor from Koselny. Still think Arsenal will come back here and win, Wigan are rubbish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement