Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan Athletic v Arsenal - 19:45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

iMuse wrote: »
    I couldnt give a toss anymore, happens too often :mad:
    Great support there buddy.

Sing when your winning and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

is this the 2 pts that could cost Arsenal the title ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Meh.. we gained a point where we didn't last season and even with the sending off Wigan had some very considerate refereeing go their way. I'm not too bothered tbh.

the_monkey wrote: »
    is this the 2 pts that could cost Arsenal the title ???
    I know you're deluded monkey, but I didn't think you were that deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'm really sick of this present team :mad::mad:

I really don't want to see players coming out with the ****e they normally come out with like we will learn from this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Tossers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

revz wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, at least we're not liverpool

I'd prefer to be in their situation at this rate to be honest, far better than the blue balls I have on me right now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Im not your "Buddy"

meh, sorry but we beat Chelsea and then put in a below par performance, this present team particularly at the back is in need of strengthening and when you pay the ST prices we do its about time that we started spending some of that money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

:DSAME OLD ARSENAL!!
    Fact is, you cant win anything with BABYS...

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    meh, sorry but we beat Chelsea and then put in a below par performance, this present team particularly at the back is in need of strengthening and when you pay the ST prices we do its about time that we started spending some of that money :(
    That's the attitude of someone who cares, I get that.

I was moreso laughing at his "I don't care" attitude, because they drew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

OPENROAD wrote: »

Don't even bother mate, that was a logical post and a logical point. He's not looking for Logic he is looking for a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm chuckling to myself here at the United fan stirring and delighting in our **** up - we must be considered rivals for the title for them which makes for a nice change from recent years.

That's the attitude of someone who cares, I get that.

I was moreso laughing at his "I don't care" attitude, because they drew.

Sorry D., so annoyed, I'm not reading posts with a clear mind, just so frustrating :(

:DSAME OLD ARSENAL!!
    Fact is, you cant win anything with BABYS...

I agree; I've yet to see a title winning side comprised of 1 and 2 year olds.

whooooooosh on my part.

cson wrote: »
    I'm chuckling to myself here at the United fan stirring and delighting in our **** up - we must be considered rivals for the title for them which makes for a nice change from recent years.
    No stirring really, Wigan fought a hard shift and deserved to get back into it, didn't think Arsenal played too badly either, had a chance to bury the game when Arshavin went through, but they didn't take it, much like United last night.

And they also ended the game with 2 points less due to ridiculous refereeing when they should have had a penalty.

I just thought the similarities between our game last night, and your game tonight were funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

That central defence is just so shaky under any kind of pressure, the midfield and team as a whole were good enough to make that less relevant against Chelsea but even watching that game in the spells of pressure Chelsea had the two centre backs consistently fluffed clearances/failed to control backpasses or loose balls and repeatedly made poor short clearances that went right to the feet of opponents. Vermaelen really can't come back too soon for Arsenal to add some much needed composure to a brittle nervous looking defence.

Tbh I'd rather steer clear of this "lol you drew @ xxxx" - "lol so did you" ****fest.

No stirring really, Wigan fought a hard shift and deserved to get back into it, didn't think Arsenal played too badly either, had a chance to bury the game when Arshavin went through, but they didn't take it, much like United last night.

And they also ended the game with 2 points less due to ridiculous refereeing when they should have had a penalty.

I just thought the similarities between our game last night, and your game tonight were funny.

Fair enough; I'm more receptive to a thought out post like that than the infantile LOL posts that crop up after a result like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Difference between Utd last night and Arsenal 2nite is that Utd played their best 11 giving Bham respect whereas wenger puts out a weakened team and expects 3 points for turning up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That's a fair assessment of the game really.

Interesting how this could pan out...

cesc4official Whats the diference between this handball & my 1 vs spurs? Referees dont want us to complain abt them but they make life dificult 4 themself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

iMuse wrote: »
    Difference between Utd last night and Arsenal 2nite is that Utd played their best 11 giving Bham respect whereas wenger puts out a weakened team and expects 3 points for turning up.

I suppose you could look at it that at least we do have them rested now for the weekend. Still I don't think he should have made so many changes either.

The game was there for the taking which is the most frustrating thing at the end of the day, and the whole conceding a late goal from a set piece thing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

i think we did better than we did last season at Wigan.Chin up lads.We'll still win the league....and our good players won't f*ck off to Spurs.Are any other premiership teams trying to win the league,league cup,FA cup and Champions league?

cson wrote: »
    Fair enough; I'm more receptive to a thought out post like that than the infantile LOL posts that crop up after a result like this.
    I didn't mean for the "hahahahaha" post to come out as if it was a sleight on Arsenal.

It was just the first thing that came into my head after last nights result, and seeing what happened in this game.

Honestly, the standard of refereeing is shocking, two televised games over two days and two massive mistakes.

Something really needs to be done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i think we did better than we did last season at Wigan.Chin up lads.We'll still win the league....and our good players won't f*ck off to Spurs.Are any other premiership teams trying to win the league,league cup,FA cup and Champions league?

Trying is the key word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Its all pretty comical really...........

nuxxx wrote: »
    Trying is the key word

Not the key point though.Well done however for grammatical accuracy.

• Advertisement

I didn't mean for the "hahahahaha" post to come out as if it was a sleight on Arsenal.

It was just the first thing that came into my head after last nights result, and seeing what happened in this game.

Honestly, the standard of refereeing is shocking, two televised games over two days and two massive mistakes.

Something really needs to be done about it.

I wouldn't have given handball last night, but Zigic seemed to be climbing on Rio and Phillips was offside and pushing Ferdinand, is that interfering with play? Probably, should have been a free out anyway. Handball tonight was stonewall, and their pen was dodge enough. Kos probably deserved it for leaving his leg out though!

L'prof wrote: »
    I wouldn't have given handball last night, but Zigic seemed to be climbing on Rio and Phillips was offside and pushing Ferdinand, is that interfering with play? Probably, should have been a free out anyway. Handball tonight was stonewall, and their pen was dodge enough. Kos probably deserved it for leaving his leg out though!
    There's numerous things the free kick could have been given for, but I think almost everyone here will agree it wasn't a goal, and it should have been a free out.

Tonight, is a bit trickier to judge, because I don't know how Arsenal would have done with the penalty, who takes them at Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Not the key point though.Well done however for grammatical accuracy.

I would bet a large amount on Arsenal not winning the CL, PL or the FA cup

There's numerous things the free kick could have been given for, but I think almost everyone here will agree it wasn't a goal, and it should have been a free out.

Tonight, is a bit trickier to judge, because I don't know how Arsenal would have done with the penalty, who takes them at Arsenal?

Cesc or RVP.

Tonight you would have had Nasri and Rosicky who have both missed a penalty each ? I would have given it to Chamakh or Nasri ( another shot ) myself.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Cesc or RVP.

Tonight you would have had Nasri and Rosicky who have both missed a penalty each ? I would have given it to Chamakh or Nasri ( another shot ) myself.
    I see, Given the array of talent arsenal have, I was just counting a penalty as a goal in my head, so when I see a penalty not given that should have been, I'm thinking arsenal 3-2; if that makes sense.

nuxxx wrote: »
    I would bet a large amount on Arsenal not winning the CL, PL or the FA cup

The amount you would bet probably corresponds with how much bigger your cock is than mine.Congratulations.You won.

• Advertisement

Not sure what you mean here? Nasri was on the pitch and I reckon he would have buried it!

Not sure what you mean here? Nasri was on the pitch and I reckon he would have buried it!
    I thought it was fairly obvious what I meant, I was asking who takes them?

I don't know much about Arsenals penalty history or of they've missed alot of them this season or what.

I thought it was fairly obvious what I meant, I was asking who takes them?

I don't know much about Arsenals penalty history or of they've missed alot of them this season or what.

OK, fair enough. It just sounded like you were saying "Penalty to United = goal, penalty to Arsenal != goal". Doesn't matter.

OK, fair enough. It just sounded like you were saying "Penalty to United = goal, penalty to Arsenal != goal". Doesn't matter.
    Oh!

But United weren't denied a penalty last night, it was a goal that shouldn't have counted.

It's a different story, because if the goal doesn't count last night, then the score is definitely 1-0 afterwards.

Whereas if the penalty was given tonight, it could still be 2-2 afterwards.

If that makes sense, it does in my head.

Oh!

But United weren't denied a penalty last night, it was a goal that shouldn't have counted.

It's a different story, because if the goal doesn't count last night, then the score is definitely 1-0 afterwards.

Whereas if the penalty was given tonight, it could still be 2-2 afterwards.

If that makes sense, it does in my head.

Haha, I've been drinking faaaaaaar too much lately, damn you Crimbo. Yes, you do indeed make slightly more sense than I had originally given you credit for :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Wenger and the ref cost us the win. Wenger never should have made 8 changes. The Nasri free kick should of been a penalty, clear hand ball, most likely even stopped it from looping over the wall and into the net.

Djourou should of started and Nasri and Walcott. No excuses. Win the game and then make subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just seen it there, Arsenal can consider themselves very unlucky.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Wenger and the ref cost us the win. Wenger never should have made 8 changes. The Nasri free kick should of been a penalty, clear hand ball, most likely even stopped it from looping over the wall and into the net.

Djourou should of started and Nasri and Walcott. No excuses. Win the game and then make subs.
    As much as I'd like to jump in and criticise the selection.

Wenger picked the team he felt was capable to do the job, and at the end of the day, they should have.

If Arshavin had finished that 1on1 he had, all would be well in the Arsenal camp at the moment.

Unlucky, very, but I wouldn't blame Arsene alone.

(on a completely unrelated note, has a managers name ever been so perfect for the team he's managing?)

As much as I'd like to jump in and criticise the selection.

Wenger picked the team he felt was capable to do the job, and at the end of the day, they should have.

If Arshavin had finished that 1on1 he had, all would be well in the Arsenal camp at the moment.

Unlucky, very, but I wouldn't blame Arsene alone.

(on a completely unrelated note, has a managers name ever been so perfect for the team he's managing?)
    Arshavin should of scored. I knew we would need the third because Wenger wasn't bringing on our subs quick enough to put the 3rd past them and to put the game to bed.

Making 8 changes is a piss take though. 3-4 yeah but not 8. Not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Nzogbia did the exact same thing as Kaboul yesterday awful foolish I wonder if Wilshire hadn't gone down though if anyone would of noticed?(totally deserved though)

Also, Fabianski was good again and made a top save. No one will say anything but i think we should praise him when he does good.

Also, Fabianski was good again and made a top save. No one will say anything but i think we should praise him when he does good.
    Made a good save from Nzogbia in that 1on1, and I think there was another point blank save he made?

Fantastic shot stopper, even if he doesn't look entirely comfortable on corners and crosses yet, he will learn with experience when to go and when to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Made a good save from Nzogbia in that 1on1, and I think there was another point blank save he made?

Fantastic shot stopper, even if he doesn't look entirely comfortable on corners and crosses yet, he will learn with experience when to go and when to stay.

That is what going on loan is for. You can't learn how to be a top keeper while being number 1 at a big club. You need to know before. Getting caught out on crosses and coming out rashly on a consistent basis is just not good enough for any Premier League keeper especially an arsenal one. Bring back Chesney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Djourou is still far too raw in terms of his fitness to be considered for every game. He still has to get to the position where he can be relied upon to play once a week, playing him after 2 days when you still have no idea how his body will react would be reckless. It's a serious knee injury he's come back from remember, you don't want us to end up with a Ledley King type on our hands do you?

Walcott is just returning from an injury too, no way would he have had match fitness either, he too has yet to show his body is capable of playing weekly, everytime he does he gets crocked again.

And Nasri, possibly, but he played 90 minutes. If he was taken off early on Monday maybe I'd have started him, but considering how much we've relied upon him lately I think it was safer to bench him.

few things:
    a) Wigan fluked a win, they may have played well in patches but I don't think they did near enough in that match to deserve a point other than kick us. It's not like last year where they totally dominated us for 20-30 mins.
    b) Martinez got his tactics right. The game was played at a very high tempo for most of what I saw, I think starting 11 tired men, even if they were the better players would not have helped much.
    c) We have 4 points from 6 where we got 0 from last year. Yes, we spurned yet another opportunity, but we're still in a much better position than most thought we'd be going into this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nzogbia did the exact same thing as Kaboul yesterday awful foolish I wonder if Wilshire hadn't gone down though if anyone would of noticed?(totally deserved though)

I would say no TBH. It just seems to be the way these days. You can shunt your head into another man's face and they tell you to calm down. Do the same thing and the guy goes down and you're off. It's a bit stupid really. You should be sent off for taht kind of stuff regardless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement