Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETEC LEVEL 5, am so confused

Options
  • 29-12-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi im 45 and i want to become a special needs assistant, Tbh i haven't a clue about how to go about this.
    whats confusing me is this.
    its seems i need fetec level 5 to apply for a job eventually
    the dife in drogheda do this course over a year,
    and somewhere in ballymun this can be done in a week ??????
    can some one explain ...thanks a lot guys, and any info would be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Hiya,

not sure if this will help but as far as I know, a full FETAC Level 5 award is generally taught over a year. The week-long course in Ballymun may be one module (out of 8 or 9 in a full award) by itself.

If you go here, http://www.dife.info/2008/special_needs_assist.htm and look under 'course content', each of those is a separate module, (some might be optional, I think you need 8 for a full award).

The FETAC website, fetac.ie, might be a help.

Best of luck with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

thanks cliona, ididnt realise there were modules.:eek:
    some :Pstudent im gonna make .
    thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Neither did I until I started the course! You'll be grand!

I'm in dife, and I'd really recommend it, (if it's handy for you). Loads of mature students, if you're worried about that. I know I was, I thought I'd be the oldest in the class by a mile! Great teachers, well organised, good atmosphere.

Good luck wherever you decide to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I did that course over 12 weeks in Dorset college at night. I have the qualification but there weren't enough jobs available in my area to stick with it. I hope you have more success with it than I did.

Advertisement