Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water - Ballinasloe

Options
  • 29-12-2010 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Does anyone have any info on water problems in Ballinasloe? Water has been gone over a week, no sign of it to come back, no burst pipes in the house (so far), neighbours' pipes burst two days ago but now they have no water again, have the council shut it off to fix any bursts/leaks?

Tried to get info but Ballinasloe website was last updated Christmas Eve, no reply from Council Office, and almost everyone else we know have either had water the whole time or it came back days ago. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Spadina wrote: »
    Hiya,

Does anyone have any info on water problems in Ballinasloe? Water has been gone over a week, no sign of it to come back, no burst pipes in the house (so far), neighbours' pipes burst two days ago but now they have no water again, have the council shut it off to fix any bursts/leaks?

Tried to get info but Ballinasloe website was last updated Christmas Eve, no reply from Council Office, and almost everyone else we know have either had water the whole time or it came back days ago. :(

Hi spadina

I am from estate in Ballinasloe and had no water until today, so know where your coming from.

If you have no water at all, ie no COLD water in your kitchen tap, then the problem is more than likely OUTSIDE.

This was my situation. So I went out and searched on the footpath (beside the road) directly outside my house. Here i found the STOP COCK (mains water shutoff for house). It iwas inside a small round metal trap.

I pryed this open with a large screwdriver and a hammer and poured 2 kettles of very warm water on it.

Within 10min the water was back! :D

There are water restrictions from 9pm-9am coming into place, but this isn't your problem at this moment in time

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Thanks very much, we don't have a footpath outside our house just gravel, there's nothing obvious out there that might have the stop cock in it but it could be under the gravel anywhere.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon, heard there's two large bursts/leaks in the town and that the council are back tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Advertisement