Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV - Battery - Where to buy

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

All,

Can anyone tell me what type / where to buy a replacement battery for Astec 63DV system ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

You will need a 12v 2.2ah battery. If you ring a few of the suppliers here you will get one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi ifah.
    Did you get the manual OK?
    Post your location & we will send you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

hi all,

just checked my email - received manual - thanks very much Altor.

I'm in north Dublin, working near D7.

Cheers.

ps - just saw the pm - thanks Koolkid also.

Your welcome,

Most places are closed till the 4th of January. If you cant wait that long I have some in stock if you can collect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Just to let you all know - got a battery in Phibsboro Electrical for 16 euro and fitted it in 2 minutes over the weekend - no probs at all - just followed instructions from Altor on previous thread.

Cheers all.

• Advertisement

ifah wrote: »
    Just to let you all know - got a battery in Phibsboro Electrical for 16 euro and fitted it in 2 minutes over the weekend - no probs at all - just followed instructions from Altor on previous thread.

Cheers all.

All easy with the right know how :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Robur

Hi All, Can somebody be so nice please and help me with service manual to 63DV? I'm going to change the battery pack as since a week I have intermittent beeps from smoke detectors (in about 35-60 sec). However, there is no message on the control panel. But I think battery was never changed for 8 years. Is there just one battery in the main control unit or also some small ones in the detectors?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably worth a battery either way. But, are you sure the smoke detectors are connected to the alarm?
    I'm PMing you the manual anyway. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Robur

KoolKid: Thanks very much for helping with manual - appreciate!
    Actually I just had to replace 9V battery in the smoke detector. It helps and now it's silent again :) BTW. When I dismounted the detector from the ceiling there was internal label saying in case of 1 beep per minute battery needs to be changed.

Thanks for updating us. Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement