Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBIZA 2011

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

First time going this summer so was just wondering who has been and who is planning to go when the season kicks off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

been 3 times,2005,2009 and 2010.gets better every time for me.

I would (and always will) stay in playa den bossa (airport side of the island)
    its close to space,dc10 and bora bora.
    if youre into house/techno and not into the "boozed up brits (and irish) abroad" type holiday its a winner.plus the planes fly in really low as its beside the airport (just another little bonus)

for me San Antonio really only has Mambo/Cafe Del Mar going for it.
    its british for the most part which is fine in all honesty but as i said,you can get the Booze Britain type there,which is unfortunate.

amnesia and privilge are both half way between playa den bossa and san antonio.

its pricey enough to get there unless you do a ****ty package deal (check,check and double check hotel reviews before you book through a package deal)
    and its certainly pricey when you get there,a drink in a club costs between €10 and €20 depending if its water or a vodka & redbull youre after.

admission is anywhere from €20 (with a flyer and certain conditions like being in before 12) and €100 on the door (IIRC David Guetta at pacha was €100 on the door in 2010,why you'd go to that and even consider paying that is another story)
    there are concession wristbands available too on the streets & beaches from reps,ranging from free in for less popular nights to €5 or €10 off full price nights like space on sundays.

this year gone, 2010.i brought €1400 and brought home just under €700.
    stayed for 5 nights and went to privilge,space x2, dc10 & amnesia.
    even doing it wisely with concessions eetc and not spending a fortune it'll still make other foreign holidays look relatively cheap in comparison.

oh,and go with people who are also into tunes.anyone thinking of going with mates who prefer commercial/pop music,they will be dissapointed and most likely appauled to be asked for €50 or €60 to see a dj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Having stayed in Playa D'en Bossa, Talamanca, Figueratas and San Antonio i can safely say it REALLY doesn't matter where you stay in Ibiza, it's what you make of the holiday, people are way too judgemental about San Antonio about pissed uo Brits and Irish but you know what ive seen that in other parts of the island as well it's just the west end which happens to be in San Antonio is renowned as being the place where they all go, it is a cesspit but it's a bit of laugh for a few hours but not really the sort of place you wanna be after say 2am where people are completely *****d BUT San Antonio is a big place and everywhere else is cool and some of the best pre club bars in Ibiza like Bay Bar, De Tulp, Plastik,Orange Corner and of course the sunset strip are all in San An as well as Eden and E's Paradis so i wont have a bad word said about San An asides from the West End but even that isn't as bad as it was a few years ago.

Playa D'en Bossa is best if your looking to regulary go to Space and Pacha as it's closer and you've got Bora Bora too but that's a pale shadow of what it used to be and has been not eclipsed by other beach bars, actually one of the best beach bars is Salinas Beach Bar (Salinas beach too is one of the nicest )

Let me know closer to the time your going and ill give you more info.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Cheers dudes !

All booked, staying in the jet apartments in playa den bossa. Have heard mostly good things about them. Although, I was told we'd be looking at a 50euro taxi fare to get to the rest of the major clubs. Is he wrong?
    Hopefully :P
    Great having Space, DC10 and Bora Bora right there on my doorstep but ofcourse want to get some of the rest in too..
    Have to see the westend too, be rude to go and leave without seeing it..

Was it solely a raving holiday or is there some other cool things you guys would recommend?
    Anyone go the hippy market?

maxxie wrote: »
    Cheers dudes !

All booked, staying in the jet apartments in playa den bossa. Have heard mostly good things about them. Although, I was told we'd be looking at a 50euro taxi fare to get to the rest of the major clubs. Is he wrong?
    Great having Space, DC10 and Bora Bora right there on my doorstep but ofcourse want to get some of the rest in too..

Was it solely a raving holiday or is there some other cool things you guys would recommend?

Theres loads of things to see and do,hippy markets,ibiza town,es vedra etc.
    The jets are cool,great location.in 2009 we basically shared a wall with bora bora nightclub,couldnt get much closer.

As for taxis,it'll cost approx €30 to get from playa den bossa to san antonio one way.privilige and amnesia are half way between the two resorts so expect €15 each way from either san an or playa den bossa.

Imo eden and es paradis arent worth going to.
    Amnesia,privilige,dc10 and above ALL-Space are the clubs to hit.
    Space is jaw droppingly good.
    You'll have a serious blast!
    Planning on going again this year,be ashame not to!

Oh and also theres disco buses going from the resorts to the clubs and back again after.

Or theres illegal taxis,loads of them.

• Advertisement

maxxie wrote: »
    Cheers dudes !

haha the (infamous) Jet Apartments are pretty much for clubbers so expect to see partys at any time of the day and night, pretty much beside Bora Bora and Space and right on the beach you cant get more central, at my age i wouldn't be able to stay somewhere like there anymore as i cant go on mad long sessions that go on for days anymore (getting old:o:D)and need my sleep but yeah you'll certainly enjoy yourself there.

If your going to Amnesia and Privlege try getting the disco buses as much as possible unless there are a few people sharing a taxi then just split the fare same as to San Antonio.

The first few times i went to Ibiza pretty much raving madness but there is so much more to Ibiza than just the clubs, definitely take a day or two out and explore the island, get the ferry to Formentera for the day the beach is beautiful but id bring your own food and drink as it's extremly expensive on the beachside restaurant there, go to Salinas beach too, i recommend Cala Bassa beach too,no shortage of things to see and do,it's not all expensive some of the Restaurants and bars can be cheap but the clubs are an utter rip off of highest proporations.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Check out http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ - some good info there

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

Stayed in the jet apps last year :), try to get the rooms up near reception if you re able to persuade the desk guys n gals. All the rooms ain't the same. We were in the ones right next to borra borra and the pool, they were fine clean etc but after a few days of non stop banging from the club or balcony and pool front parties the nerves were shot, we just asked and they gave us a room beside the gym which seemed as quiet as being in outer space by comparison ha ha.
    Hippy market is bigger than i thought it would be which was good. Loads of wandering and smoothies, full to the brim with tat of the highest order as you might expect, the real hippies have mainly dissapeared but theres a nice atmosphere and is shady and breezy during the day and you might see something cool.
    Get the ferry to formentera if you do nothing else, its amazing and there are cliffs like in clare at the far end magic, beaches are spotless and deserted feeling after being on the playa den bossa bit.
    Get the fliers for the clubs its the only relief from the prices and get booze in the offlicence before going clubbing, crouching tiger hidden nagen. I went to the bar in pacha the guy next to me got a round the till read 250 euros, some people spend that much on flights and accomodation:D
    I didnt see the stereotype boozed up brits or irish much outside playa den bossa, loved the sunset strip and San antonio, eric morillo in mambo etc very nioce way to start an evening. Some great restaurants, hidden gems there too a bit off the beaten track, they love food out there.
    clubs bit pricey friendly enough people id go back if i had the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Will do mate, would be cool to have an apartment bit tucked away from all the madness that will be going on!
    Sounds like u had a cracker mate, some real cool stuff done there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

As has been mentioned, free busses to Amnesia are 2 minutes walk from the Jets (they go every half hour I think) and Space is on your doorstep.

Bring earplugs in case you do get the apartments attached to Bora Bora, my head was done in by the second night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cpoppy

Can someone please give advice on where to stay in Ibiza ( San Antinio), And if booking independtly what website to do this on for being the safest etc?:)

ibiza-spotlight http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ is a good resource for all things ibiza.

Cpoppy wrote: »
    Can someone please give advice on where to stay in Ibiza ( San Antinio), And if booking independtly what website to do this on for being the safest etc?:)

I stayed in http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/tagomago/ with herself and my young lad last September, small but nice Hotel right on the beach and friendly staff so would recommend this Hotel, cant remember who we booked witgh Ibiza Spotlight are good but not always the cheapest so i would search around for the best price.:)

PS-Oh yeah the caretaker here is English a nice man who will provide a taxi service to and from the airport cheaper than your normal taxis but if you haven't got loads of luggage the bus from the airport stops very close to the Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Casa maria in san an is really good. Prices are very high for july/aug but june and sept it's a bargin.
    Stayed there 5 times now and never had a problem. Pool on the roof's great :)

You'll find it on spotlight

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

gaoife wrote: »
    Casa maria in san an is really good. Prices are very high for july/aug but june and sept it's a bargin.
    Stayed there 5 times now and never had a problem. Pool on the roof's great :)

You'll find it on spotlight

Yes Casa Maria is a great spot, its about 2 steets parallel to the west end 2 min walk but far enough that u dont hear it if u wanna get some rest, great roof top, grand area to flake out in the sun with a few cures after a nights clubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

If you're any way into your tunes you've got to stay in Bora Bora. It's the closest to Space (best club on the island imo) you have the Bora Bora beach. Never stayed in the Jets myself but think we're gona brave it there this year. Last time i was in Ibiza was '09 when the two big nights were Sunday and Tuesday. Don't miss them whatever you do. Pacha is also one to be checked out.

I would actually recommend going over to San An for a night or two of a boozy laugh. Personally don't like going to the big nights and everything that goes with it 7 nights in a row. San An offers a good place to go for your more average drunken night out. I wouldn't stay there but it can be a bit of craic with a group of lads for something different than the super clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hi guys,

Really sorry to bump this thread, I know it's only a month or two old but still.

Want to go to Ibiza this year, first time with two or three of my friends. We're into music and I'll listen to anything, have a few friends very into clubbing but they won't be with us, still want to check it out though.

Don't fancy not getting any sleep at all though in a noisy apartment complex, where's the best place? Would prefer an apartment over a hotel. Really like the idea of rooftop pools etc..

Would like to go for at least a week - thinking in June/July (I know it'll be expensive, but my job means I haven't got any other opportunity to go unless it's the end of sept/oct). Wondering how much this should cost in total and how much to bring cash-wise..

Very much appreciate any opinions/suggestions in addition to the helpful info on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Flights and Accomodation can be around 600 (depending on where you stay I would advise booking separately, for example Playa Den Bossa is 5 minutes from the airport)

Spending money depends on the person and how much clubbing you intend to do. The nights can cost up to €50 entry and its around €20 for a vodka and red bull. There are opportunities to get wristbands and cheaper entry but when we were there it was luck of the draw really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Molly37

Hi guys!
    Im heading to Ibiza June 5th for a week. Want to stay within walking distance from Space etc but dont want to be bang in the middle of all the madness.
    Can anyone recommend good accomodation? Have been searching alpharooms....was thinking of Fiesta Hotel, Club Bahamas, Torre del Mar, Algarb hotel.
    Has anyone staye?d in any of these

Advertisement