Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime: Action/Adventure of the year

Options
  • 29-12-2010 4:02pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anime Action/Adventure voting is now up.

Action/Adventure of the Year 11 votes

Angel Beats!
    0% 0 votes
    FMA: Brotherhood
    27% 3 votes
    Durarara!!
    9% 1 vote
    Katanagatari
    63% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I'm just about to start watching Katanagatari, damnit, When does voting close?
    (I.e. will I have time to watch it so I can vote intelligently?)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

5 days for every category

grand, I can get a taste of it, at least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Durarara or FMA, i don't know who to vote for!.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I voted Durarara. It wasn't as good as Baccano, but the style was still there and the characters that mattered were quite like-able.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

The lack of votes for Katanagatari is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Voted Durarara!!

Forgot to nominate, luckily my favourite of the year is here :P

I watched katanagatari, and it's good, but I didn't think it was quite as good as Angel beats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Loved Durarara!!, missed the voting though :P

Katanagatari, isn't that series still not finished? I don't want to watch it until it is so that I don't have to miss it's awesomeness :D (pretty sure it is by the same people as Bakemonogatari?)

Still haven't watched all of Angel Beats but I've heard so many good things about it that I really should. The first episode didn't hook me though.

Original FMA was amazing for me, haven't tried Brotherhood, since I know it is a retelling just going very close to the Manga and some names have been switched, the pull isn't as strong as it should be. Going to watch it regardless so I hope it is still awesome :D

Katanagatari isn't made by SHAFT, but by White Fox. It's finished, 1 episode a month for the year. It's very watchable, I have to admit.

Angel beats! is more humourous than action packed though, it's a classic Key anime, if you like Air, Kanon or Clannad, you'll like Angel Beats!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Loved Durarara!!, missed the voting though :P

Katanagatari, isn't that series still not finished? I don't want to watch it until it is so that I don't have to miss it's awesomeness :D (pretty sure it is by the same people as Bakemonogatari?)

Still haven't watched all of Angel Beats but I've heard so many good things about it that I really should. The first episode didn't hook me though.

Original FMA was amazing for me, haven't tried Brotherhood, since I know it is a retelling just going very close to the Manga and some names have been switched, the pull isn't as strong as it should be. Going to watch it regardless so I hope it is still awesome :D

The Katanagatari novellas were written by the same author as the Bakemonogatari novellas. But the anime adaptations were done by different studios.

Angel Beats is overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hmmm, Angel Beats sounds interesting, must try it.

Advertisement