Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fergal White Muzzle Break

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ezridax wrote: »
    Yep. :D

In the words of Father Jack

Photo, photo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

Ezridax wrote: »
    Well gave the rifle and muzzle brake a good testing today. Results were excellent.

The recoil is now comparable to a .223 cal or a modded .308. The barrel was able to stand up to 7 shots one after the other without excessive heating compared to the usual 3 shot max i got out of her before.

There was 1 inch difference at 100yd from the previous zero so all in all i extremely happy. Definitely a huge difference between the custom made to fit MBs and the "generic" ones that fit any .30 cal rifles.

Forgot to ask what the accuracy was like before and after you had the custom brake fitted, I suspect the groups got a good bit tighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

MACT1RE wrote: »
    Forgot to ask what the accuracy was like before and after you had the custom brake fitted, I suspect the groups got a good bit tighter?

I can't speak for EZ, but mine got tighter.
    This isn't really anything to do with the brake; more the fact that I'm a lot more comfortable with the gun as I don't have to deal with recoil... Before I was bracing myself so I wouldn't experience 'Sniper's Kiss'... Again :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Same as that. It wasn't so much that it tightened up the group but the felt recoil was reduced to such an extent that i could stay on target and follow through.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement