Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most listened to Band/Album of 2010

Options
  • 29-12-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

What has been your most listened to album/band this year? They don't necessarily have had to have released anything this year but just most listened too music this year.

Got to be Rammstein for me. Picked up "liebe ist fur alle da" at the start of the year then went to see them in february which kind of re-ignited my interest in the band...Found myself re-examining their music from a different (older) perspective especially "Sehnsucht" and "Herzeleid" both fantastic albums. "liebe ist fur alle da" is still on my playlists now and has some epic tunes like Weiner Blut.

Also special mentions for Pearl Jam's "Backspacer" and Deftones "Diamond Eyes"

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Last.fm says Porcupine Tree for artist with 2,355 listens in the last 12 months :D Unsurprising considering I only got into them last December and quickly became obsessed with them and worked through most of their catalogue through the year, listening to "The Incident" the most coming up to their gig.

For album, Camel's "Music Inspired by the Snow Goose", with 903, mostly because I like to listen to it while studying :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Going by last.fm, Misery Index with 900+ plays, with Cannibal Corpse a close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

IN This Moment - Star Crossed Wasteland I would imagine. There were weeks when nothing else went on my playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 clawhand69

ACCEPT-blood of the nations,best comeback album from the german masters of heavy metal...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This is a tough one..going by last fm its between these guys..
    Limp Bizkit
    Norma Jean
    Hatebreed
    Terror

I'd say thats right, its probably bizkit, then insane amounts of hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

In this order, mine are;

Frank Zappa (and the Mothers Of Invention)
    Morbid Angel
    Meshuggah
    Mr. Bungle
    Kyuss
    Napalm Death
    Overkill
    Fantômas
    PanterA
    Alice In Chains

Also a special mention for a lot of other Mike Patton, most recent stuff to. Solo projects like Mondo Cane and the Crank 2: High Voltage OST, and his more recent work with John Zorn, like "Ipsissimus" for the Moonchild Trio. And of course FNM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

clawhand69 wrote: »
    ACCEPT-blood of the nations,best comeback album from the german masters of heavy metal...:D

Awesome album, cant beat Tuetonic Terror before heading out on the lash.

One album I have obsessed over more than most is Warp Rider from The Sword...... CANNOT get enough of that album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PrometheusZer0

Since someone posted "Porcupine Tree", I'd say that I'm allowed to have Grizzly Bear's "Veckatimest" as my favorite album of the year (Plastic Beach by Gorillaz was excellent as well.) But as far as Rock and Metal is concerned, both "Sequoia Throne" and "Limb from Limb" by Protest the Hero were pretty good. Though it's more noise-punk than rock, Sleigh Bells' album "Treats" is also a recent favorite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Whitesnake, Slip of the Tongue

I dont know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PrometheusZer0

Though it has a kind of cheesy music video, I was really impressed with Tuetonic Terror from "saddle the horses, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" through the end. I love listening to bands I've never heard before!

• Advertisement
Advertisement