Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham -v- Fulham 1st Jan 15.00 (match thread)

Options
  • 29-12-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

All games at this stage are either must win or should win, this is probably the latter. Fulham have been so poor this season, yet they have still been hard to beat, drawing 10 but winning just 3. We already beat them on their own patch back in October (somewhat fortuitously it must be said) and 3 points will again be the target on New Years day. Defoe and Kaboul miss out through suspension, while Thudd, King, Woody and O' Hara will miss out through injury. Gallas is expected to be fit in time for this game.
    With regards to line-up I feel there will be three selection head-aches for Harry, the most important of which is probably the CM position. Palacios has been in fine form up to now, and has fully justified his place in the team, but Jenas played very well when he came on against Newcastle and offered another attacking threat. CB is the next area, Gallas will be expected to start ahead of Bassong, but Bassong is having a fine season. And finally theres the problematic strikers position. Pavlyuchenko dosent seem to play well when he starts, only when he comes on as a sub, plus Crouch and VDV have built quite a rapport, which is why I hope he (Crouch) starts, despite his poor shooting.

Gomes
    Hutton --- Dawson --- Gallas --- BAE
    Lennon --- Palacios --- Modric --- Bale
    Van der Vaart
    Crouch

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

After 25 minutes of the Newcastle game I was singing Palacios' praises, thinking he'd returned to form and that this and his performance against Villa were indications that he was going to be the player he was when he first joined us. However, it didn't work out that way and it seemed from one mistake, he got worse and worse and eventually had to be taken off. It's very likely that Fulham will put 5 across the middle, as Newcastle did, and if this is the case then Jenas should play as he's quicker and has more going forward.

Up front I'd start this one with Pav and VDV again as Pav seems to play best at home.

As for defence, I'd be inclined to start with Bassong for this one. He's fresher than Gallas who has been out injured, and if things get tough we can bring Gallas on.

Agreed that this is a 'should win' game and hopefully we can put a few past them as well as keeping another clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    After 25 minutes of the Newcastle game I was singing Palacios' praises, thinking he'd returned to form and that this and his performance against Villa were indications that he was going to be the player he was when he first joined us. However, it didn't work out that way and it seemed from one mistake, he got worse and worse and eventually had to be taken off. It's very likely that Fulham will put 5 across the middle, as Newcastle did, and if this is the case then Jenas should play as he's quicker and has more going forward.

Up front I'd start this one with Pav and VDV again as Pav seems to play best at home.

As for defence, I'd be inclined to start with Bassong for this one. He's fresher than Gallas who has been out injured, and if things get tough we can bring Gallas on.

Agreed that this is a 'should win' game and hopefully we can put a few past them as well as keeping another clean sheet.
    I'd agree with all of the above and also Couch isn't great on his own up front because he cant take a shot thought Pav was unlucky not to score yesterday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

3-1 win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

3-1 win

same here. whatever way Arry shuffles the pack we should have too much for them.

The game will be shown live in the Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

3-1 win

Fulham will be well up for this, but if we are serious we have to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

YID ARMY

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

2-0 COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

TEAM NEWS - Harry Redknapp makes one change to starting line-up against Newcastle as William Gallas comes in for suspended Younes Kaboul. STARTING XI - Gomes; Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Modric, Palacios, Bale; Van der Vaart; Pavlyuchenko. SUBS - Pletikosa, Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Kranjcar, Sandro, Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Can't imagine anything more then a win today. I'm going for 2-0. VDV double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

any links guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

http://www.ag1tv.info/

is playing ok for me.

Game fairly dead so far.

Above link gobe dead. Try this http://www.fsportshd.net/p/channel-2.html

Com'on!!!!!!!!!!!

Not suprisingly, a tired looking performance, I'll take this result now, blow it up ref :D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Not suprisingly, a tired looking performance, I'll take this result now, blow it up ref :D
    One more game after this which is annoying wish it was FA cup and we could put a few more fringe players out for a match

VDV injured? :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That was a nervy 2nd half

Poor reffing did not help matters.

Great Win again.
    9 from 9 this week, cant ask for any more, great few days.
    Clean Sheets fora change :D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good result,poor performance.

Great win delighted with another clean sheet

All that matters is the 3 points these days.

People make this big deal about how united are playing poorly and getting results. It is the sign of a team going places and great that we did it today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

another clean sheet , played poorly but got that vital win , superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

A great Christmas so far, tempted to put a spurs defender in my fantasy team to give VDV and Bale company:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I know VDV was substituted but did he go off with an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Smashing result.
    Lets hope we keep Michael D fit.
    No coincident that we are getting clean sheets since he came back.
    We are only 2pts behind City if we win are game in hand and City have to play the Arse next!
    A draw would be great but I fear that is what we will get at Everton!
    Onwards and Upwards for 2011.
    A year ending in one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

SuprSi wrote: »
    I know VDV was substituted but did he go off with an injury?

Didnt look like an injury anyways. When he went down it seemed to be for an impact injury and he seemed to recover. He's been coming off in every game for the last 10/20 mins, presuming as a precaution.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

VDV was definitely treated for an injury below the knee so it was not related to the hamstring. I agree that Dawson had an excellent game and has made a difference. I was very diappointed with Pavluchencko - didn't look interested. Lennon made a lot of runs but his final ball was poor all day. Fulham had a lot of chances to equalise - we were lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

ziedth wrote: »
    All that matters is the 3 points these days.

People make this big deal about how united are playing poorly and getting results. It is the sign of a team going places and great that we did it today.

Sense!
    WHL wrote: »
    I was very diappointed with Pavluchencko - didn't look interested. Lennon made a lot of runs but his final ball was poor all day. Fulham had a lot of chances to equalise - we were lucky

Pav rarely does. He's a passenger. As for Lennon he's a good player but it's dissappointg to see how little he's improved since he first got into the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Sense!

Pav rarely does. He's a passenger. As for Lennon he's a good player but it's dissappointg to see how little he's improved since he first got into the team.

Becks on the way to put pressure on lennon :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Happy with the result rather than then performance.

Second half, I thought we looked a very tired side. Fulham had various sustained periods of pressure and a better team would have taken advantage however we hung in there and grinded out the 3 points.

Lennon didn't have one of his best games in that he got into great positions a number of times but the final ball was very disappointing.

Agree with the comments regarding Pav, he really didn't look interested. If we can go to Everton and get another good result and then get JD back I'll be very happy indeed.

Only downside to today is that Utd, City and Arsenal all won so we haven't made any ground. Still, a win is a win.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

BERBA wrote: »
    Becks on the way to put pressure on lennon :eek::eek::eek:
    Please God Noooooo.:mad:

Advertisement