Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Spain or the Canaries- Summer 2011

Options
  • 29-12-2010 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I've decided that I wanna get out of this country this summer. I would absolutely love to work in Spain or one of the Canary Islands. This is the only place that really appeals to me, even though I am aware of the crisis there and the high unemployment levels. Regardless this is where I want to go.

So anyways, I've started doing some research into working abroad for the summer, but it's quite difficult to come across. So basically I'm looking for some advice because to be quite honest I'm completely clueless.

Like, from what I have seen online it seems a lot of people just head out there, look for a job and get one handy enough, but I have also seen that some people go with companies, example playawayabroad.com.... Im so confused really of how I go about this whole plan of mine so if anyone could shed any light or give some advice it would be very much so appreciated :D

Thanks a mil :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mickwasere12

hi my name is michael, i am thinking of doing the exact same thing moving over for the summer finding work. I have looked all over the internet for jobs but i think you just have to go over and you will get one as you said. Well i am looking for someone to go over with im 22 irish lad!! so if you would be interested going over finding work getting accomadation and that , get back to me on my email (brunostaff12@yahoo.com)

or get back to me on this cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Hi, I'm Matthew. I'm planning on doing the same as yourselves for the summer. How are ye going about it?

hey arthur, i was just thinking of going over and looking for work. Its too hard too find anything online so im just trying to get someone to go over with, i have read alot of stories about people sorting out accomadation and then just finding work when they arrive. Thats what my plan would be if anyone else would join me?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

i'll PM you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bone machine

Andy here, Thinking of something similiar myself lads. PM me with what sort of dates and locations your thinking of. I'm available from late April and am fairly open minded about the resorts once its somewhere fairly busy.

hey andy, i was thinking mid may some time. I was thinking tenerife maybe thats busy.

i dont mind where in tenerife im going to start looking at resorts now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Have you checked out www.jobsinspain.ie ?

hi yes i have but there doesnt seem to be any general work its all work that requires experience and for proffesionals really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Same as the above, thinking of heading to Spain in the near future. Rent per month seems decent at between €400-600 depending on location but as with you lads, work will be an issue. I'll have the GF with me so it'll be even harder.

Im thinking I'll head over with couple grand maybe €2-3k each, rent in busy tourist location and hope a job pops up. Im sure there'll be bars/rests looking for workers, if not I'll stay for a while and blow all my money :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hey lads, I'm living in Valencia at the moment. If you get yourselves a TEFL or something similar, you'll get work as an English teacher without any problems - it's the most sought after from Spanish peoples point of view, and there is good money also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 podge84

Hi 26 year old irish guy here, thinking the same thing, have loads of bar experience, pm me if you guys are sorting something out

Advertisement