Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to have interest paid early

Options
  • 29-12-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know is it possible to get the interest on a deposit account (which has already been accrued) paid early by a bank (AIB)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

yes.
    close the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

snubbleste wrote: »
    yes.
    close the account.

I dont want to close the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

irishguy wrote: »
    I dont want to close the account.

How early are we talking? Afaik closing it is the only way to do it.

A month, want to get it before the DIRT increase applies. You would think DIRT would be charged when the gain accrues and not when its paid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Dirt increase is only 2%
    Banks are open today, phone yours and ask them your question. Let us know what they say.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    The Dirt increase is only 2%
    Banks are open today, phone yours and ask them your question. Let us know what they say.

I was thinking its gone up to 30% but its only actually 27% as its just a regular deposit account. Thats not as bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Cant get interest early, only if you close the account down, interest is paid on regular basis, sometimes in october, some do april and october, of if its a fixed term account whenever it expires

Advertisement