Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent quick word related question(.wbk and backup files)

Options
  • 29-12-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

The girlfriend is writing her masters paper and has to print it tomorrow evening. She was doing all her last minute fixes over the last week in word(literally working about 14 hours per day) but it crashed on her.

I had turned auto save on for her and explained that she has to save once at the start to get it running so that even in the worst case there was a fail safe. However for some reason the auto recover didnt work. I went to where the recovery file was situated and tried to open it with word(twas a .abk file first) however no luck.

After reading up on the internet I heard that I could open it in open office if I changed it to a .WBK file so I did this and it was a success(should also mention cant open it in word with a .wbk extension).

I figured that she could then just copy paste everything from open office into her word file but unfortunately it screws with all the formatting and there are a LOT of pages and corrections.

Anyway just wondering if anyone here knows how the hell to open the auto recovery file in word? Also heard that its possible to open the file in word 2010 no problems but I only have 2007 unfortunately :(.

If any good soul could take this recovery file and open it in word 2010 tonight and e mail it back to me id be forever grateful. Shes pretty stressed out right now :( .

Comments

Advertisement